Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Do it For the Ponygram!

Will Guide

Title: Do It For the Ponygram
Air Date: August 30, 2019
Written By: (Credits not present)
Synopsis (YouTube Video Description): The girls try their hand at social media. Check out their boomerangs, videos and more.

Been a while since we had a short on their YouTube channel. 

I personally loved the reveal of who was holding the camera during the girls' basketball scene

• Brohoof 1

Finally we get another short on Youtube!

This kind of ended up abruptly and I wish it was a bit longer, but this was surprisingly fun.  My favorite moments had to be Celestia being awesome, and the bloopers for The Other Sid ft Rarity.

I just found it overall entertaining to see the cast act like goofy teenagers doing the dumb kind of things that you and your friends would do in high school.

Uh... no comment. I'm not really into this kind of thing in the first place. 

Okay, I did like a couple segments. The basketball thing was kind of neat I guess. Pinkie opening the locker got me, although it would be even better had they cut Dash's scream slightly earlier. Not sure the "deal with it" meme will age well, but it was relatively close to something I might laugh at on Twitter. And Pinkie's whole cupcake thing was great, as was whatever the hell Cranky was doing. 

The rest, um, maybe not. 

Giving it the once over, I'm actually for the part early on with Rarity when she ended up with Pinkie's hair after using a hairdryer. She actually looked nice with Pinkie's hair in my honest opinion. Some of the other events were both funny and awesome, if a little strange when given some thought after watching them.

Definitely mixed feelings on the whole thing.

Rarity's "perfect on the first try" just leaves a sour taste in my mouth. I like the visual jokes, but the insincerity kinda subverts it for me.

Twilight's "SCIENCE!!" has a definite kind of Nye-esque charm.

The Slangity sketch... I'm guessing there's supposed to be a joke in there, but hell if I can find hat I'm supposed to laugh about.

The rewinds.... meh. It was funnier when I died in Braid.

Group shots are kinda cute.

The Waterbottle Toss is definitely my fave, though also because Celestia. But it's a fun reminder that grownups were young too, with all the skills and experience of both youth and age.

Trixie!!

Cupcakes... it was fun, but very briefly. That went on waaayy too long.

Rarity's music video outtakes are a nice bunch of visual gags.

Applejack's shorts were okay I guess?

And finally, @AlexanderThrond, that, my good man, would be the venerable MC Shuffle.

This was definitely one of the weirdest EQG shorts and that's saying something. It was also pretty random in terms of what it showed and there wasn't really any definitive conclusion given the premise. Did I enjoy it? Yes despite the randomness.

• Brohoof 1

Rarity's blooper reel was really funny (and there should be no capes rule)

I like how Pinkie scared Dash and Rainbow jumping on the bed with Fluttershy was cute.

Pinkie popping out from the fertilizer should be unsanitary.

Applejack said a swear word

Edited by R.D.Dash

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/31/2019 at 11:21 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

This was definitely one of the weirdest EQG shorts and that's saying something. It was also pretty random in terms of what it showed and there wasn't really any definitive conclusion given the premise. Did I enjoy it? Yes despite the randomness.

I think part of it was meant to be like a series of outtakes from previous shorts. Like Rarity's "Perfect on the first try" obviously couldn't have been done without some messups while she was filming it. Or during her music video

On 9/2/2019 at 8:26 AM, Bas said:

Uh, I think we are missing a poll here!

Sorry, I got a little busy with life, but soon I will go back and add a poll to the ones I started

I kinda liked it. Some moments were cringe worth - especially where Snips and Snails are doing the stupid bottle flip thing. I did like most of the skits at least a little though, so I'll give it credit for that.

Edited by Cash_In