Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cheer You On (Flash “He Took My Waifu” Sentry song)

Steve Piranha

28 minutes ago, CypherHoof said:

Must say, an evil toaster isn't much of a big bad guy :)

Put up a bit of a fight tho :mlp_icwudt:. Anyway, this short turned out to be true, it kinda gives hope the EG Christmas special is legit as well :mlp_yeehaa:

30 minutes ago, Bas said:

Oh, this was lovely and nice.

Why did Twi bump sunny at the start though? Because she was supposed to watch and put her phone back? Because the creators hinted at fan's twi-sun shipping? Or because it was her ex-boyfriend?

She looked pretty cranky in that moment. Did she not want to be there? Friction between her and Flash?

Anyway, wow. If this was just the music without the video, I'd think this was a love letter to the characters. Flash is talking like a lovestruck fan and it's almost 4th wall breaking referring to them as Equestria Girls.

So, I was thinking about this music video, and it occurred to me that this song should have been given to Spike.  Spike is overdue for some love in EQG and it would have made more sense for him to have been singing this song or the song being about him.  I guess that the song lyrics would have had to have been changed a little, but not that much.  But I guess the song itself was good.  Just, if they make Flash and Sunset an actual couple I think I will scream silently inside my head.

On 9/1/2019 at 11:32 AM, Steve Piranha said:

Put up a bit of a fight tho :mlp_icwudt:. Anyway, this short turned out to be true, it kinda gives hope the EG Christmas special is legit as well :mlp_yeehaa:

EQG Holiday Unwrapped exists, it is actually already on the internet, however it's not in English but it does have subtitles.

On 9/1/2019 at 7:59 PM, Will Guide said:

Oh my gosh! 

I didn't really asked for this, but as a guy who always saw Flash as a nice guy since the beginning, this was a nice surprise!

I used to be indifferent towards him at first, then resent the hatedom, to finally love him because the hatedom became increasingly more memetic and over the top :mlp_icwudt:. It did hurt him more appearances tho :dry:, but glad the dog got a bone at last :fluttershy:

• 2 weeks later...

This was unexpected. It's okay, but doesn't really stick in my head. Well, it could've been worse, I guess.

Edited by Cash_In

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Is Flash Sentry a Nice Guy™?

I do not like this song. That auto-tune is really annoying, the rap is wack, and this kinda just seems like a lame lyrical theme. And for a song that is more or less about how cool the girls is, it sure is a lot about him. Get out of the way, Flash. 

Toaster monster is kinda funny but I am completely burnt out on the superheroics half of this series. Most of the time it just feels bland to me; here they just sort of shoot lazers at the thing until it dies. I mean this is just a music video, but surely it could be flashier. 

• 1 month later...
On 3/9/2020 at 5:15 AM, AlexanderThrond said:

Is Flash Sentry a Nice Guy™?

I'm going to say he's a genuine nice guy with a whole messed-up knot of feelings he keeps squashed down inside himself because he doesn't like to bother people, especially people who are Obviously More Important. So he writes songs he never plays, to try and convince himself he doesn't feel emasculated because his ex-girlfriend is a superheroine with a bunch of super-heroine friends and regularly exchanges letters with the girl who couldn't spare him even one for a breakup. And occasionally, he dreams weird dreams which he blames on eating too much toast, and not feeling like he just doesn't matter. Because he's not the kid of guy who goes after a girl who clearly doesn't want or need him, not when she has so many awesome friends alreadu... it's not like he has any right to her, after all.