Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

animation Chuck Huber speaks out against Funimation in Affidavit

Luigi

I have been following this for months, and it appears that Texas based Anime dubbing company Funimation has had some very dirty work behind closed doors exposed by voice actor Chuck Huber, the voice of Dr Frank N Stein from Soul Eater, and Petra’s father from Attack on Titan. This is going on alongside the company already under a one million dollar lawsuit for terminating business relations with Vic Mignogna over unproven allegations of sexual harassment

Huber writes in his affidavit that Vic and fellow voice actor Todd Haberkorn have been intimidated and threatened by coworkers Sean Schemmel and Chris Sabat ever since they started working there. Huber also calls out Ronald Toye, a divorcée whose current fiancee Monica Rial works for Funimation. Toye, who is also under lawsuit by Mignogna, was stated by Huber that he was already a criminal by means of domestic violence against his ex wife. Huber also calls out Rial for being manipulated by Toye. Also stated by Huber was that Sabat and Rial directly threatened the owner Kamehacon over his decision to re-invite Mignogna to Kamehacon despite the allegations. The owner of that convention admitted that he was indeed attacked as Huber stated.  

As for how I see this, Chris Sabat’s personality may not be a problem to just Huber alone. I believe it’s possible that this is why Chris Patton, Shay Moore, Laura Bailey, Troy Baker, and Travis Willingham decided to walk out the door. Please feel free to add insight to the story if you have any, but this is heartbreaking. The following YouTubers cover Huber’s affidavit in greater detail, if you have the time and interest I recommend you check it out. I also have a link to a news site covering Huber’s affidavit below

https://www.youtube.com/user/UnrealEntNetwork

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCYTgZ30cDmUS3M-dMdtDiqg

https://matt-in-the-hat.com/2019/08/31/funimation-exposed-chuck-hubers-affidavit-reveals-dark-secrets-about-funimation-staff/

Edited by Monado_Dash
  • Brohoof 4

I will never forget that Vic Mignogna got booted out for a jelly bean joke, I am now proud to only follow Dragon Ball through the manga. :maud: I still can not believe they did this to themselves over one nice man with allegations against him that were clearly exaggerated at least. If I had friends like Vic's, I would not want enemies. I hope MarzGurl and her Channel Awesome "pals" are happy. Awful as what they've done is, I'm grateful to this debacle for waking us up to Funimation's true colors. 

• Brohoof 3

I heard about this a while back. Seeing how rancid this entire ordeal is, it really is a shame that this had to happen. It isn't doing anyone justice.

• Brohoof 3

Funny how none of the highly offensive leaked DBZ outtakes involved Huber, Haberkorn, or Mignogna. It's almost like elitism is a big problem at Funimation and grants you the freedom to make homophobic and sexual abuse jokes in the workplace with no repercussions. :dry:

I'm absolutely boycotting; I'm gonna switch to primarily subbed anime for the time being and make a Crunchyroll account already. Some of the stuff that came out of Sabat's mouth in one of the leaks (look it up at your own risk...) is truly disturbing. I've heard some of the Funimation VAs were jerks in person, but I had no idea til now that they were willing to go this far. Meanwhile, Vic Mignogna made a slightly off-color jelly bean joke that ended up costing him his job.

• Brohoof 2

Just now, Will Guide said:

And I thought what happened with  the upper management of Channel Awesome was bad. There is a dark time in the entertainment business.

You’re right. And as @CloudMistDragon stated earlier Kaylyn Saucedo aka Marzgurl is spouting off about this after leaving C.A., and probably toxically trying her best to discredit Huber’s affidavit despite the evidence being out there now

• Brohoof 2

Funimation is terrible 

First of all their video player is garbage 

Secondly their dubbing is garbage

The whole site itself is pretty bad too 

Only good thing is that they have decent amount of shows in there but the experience watching those is pretty bad since their site hinders the process.

So imo as a streaming service they have failed 

Edited by 碇 シンジン
  • Brohoof 1

30 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

Hope FuNimation lose the DB license, so DB can be made voiced by ponies again :mlp_yeehaa:

I want the dub rights to go to Viz. Viz has done a fairly good job with lots of bigger properties... I can't imagine them screwing things up.

• Brohoof 1