Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Art Contest - Sept 2019

King Sombra

We don't know much of how portal magic works, but my people have found one that links us to your world, and i would love to see your fine artists' work featured in one of our windows, for you see, we have not yet made one for each one of our element bearers, bringing you here might be too dangerous, but i have sent you the plans and dimentions for where it will be placed, and then our usual glassmakers can make it real in our world, so i think it's safe
327142865_GlassContest.thumb.png.7bcdcec5d38e2d63abff1e1cf4478bde.png
looking forward to seeing your designs

(if you have no idea what's going on, it's an oposite-alternate-world) you can chose which character to make an oposite of, and what their Element will be, and then design a window for them in the blank one on the right, you have 3 months this time so there is no rush

Once done, submit your entry HERE

The usual forum SFW-Only rules still apply of course

the winner will get the rank badgeteam_UTGXA4s.png.e509b21cff6aa0a93b3115f515e2c958.png until the next art contest happens and another winner is announced, and all the participants will take this badge 1714820661_Discordspainting.png.ab8452aadc5967235f8c23a996eaf013.pngif they don't already have it, but most importantly, we'll all have fun drawing ponies together(or any other race if you chose to, go wild)

• Brohoof 9

• The topic was featured

I will be doing this - I know I said the same for the majority of the contests throughout last year, but I mean it this time. What better way to put my "skills" to the test.

• Brohoof 1

Ooh! I’m gonna have fun with this! I’m definitely not gonna miss out on this one.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, MidnightFire1222 said:

Is the an interpretation of who the missing element there is or can we draw whatever as long as it abides by the rules?

you can draw anyone you want as an oposite, except those that are already there

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

OMG... y’all might’ve just jumpstarted my burned out muse. I haven’t drawn anything in MONTHS... haven’t wanted too.

Now I REALLY WANT TO. :pinkie:

i'm very glad to hear that since that's what these contests aim to achieve

• Brohoof 2

2 hours ago, HeavenSunset said:

I can't draw:( it's just so....hard

It is hard at first. And it’s harder when you’re starting as a teen or adult, because then you put these unreasonable expectations on yourself.

Just keep trying and do the best to can. Use lots of references, but try to avoid tracing. You’ll get better.

35 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

It is hard at first. And it’s harder when you’re starting as a teen or adult, because then you put these unreasonable expectations on yourself.

Just keep trying and do the best to can. Use lots of references, but try to avoid tracing. You’ll get better.

I lied I can draw a tiny bit but you could offer me €1000 to draw a pony and won't be able to do it

9 minutes ago, HeavenSunset said:

I lied I can draw a tiny bit but you could offer me €1000 to draw a pony and won't be able to do it

You will get a badge. Imagine having a badge below your signature! It is almost equal to £1000, I mean $1000. Okay I don't know how to produce the Euro sign. :umad:

16 minutes ago, HeavenSunset said:

Doesn’t have to be a pony! You can pick ANY character, so if one of the other species is easier for you, do that. X3

39 minutes ago, Splashee said:

You will get a badge. Imagine having a badge below your signature! It is almost equal to £1000, I mean $1000. Okay I don't know how to produce the Euro sign. :umad:

Here you can use this one : €

and a few other random currencies, just in case - ₠₡₢₣₤₧₨₩₪₫₭₮₯₰₱₲₳₴₵₸₹₺₼₽₾₿

11 hours ago, Bas said:

I doubt Alt + Gr and E works.EU

ctrl + alt + E?

Of couse, this is a knowledge you will certainly need to use so many times in your life.

TIL sweden is in the EU but doesn't use the Euro what the hay

Ctrl+Alt+E worked. Thanks! €

Yes the people of Sweden got to vote if they wanted Euro as currency, and that was many years after Germany had already accepted Euro. Because we were too proud of our own Swedish-Crown currency, it was easy victory. If the politicians had decided without the people's vote, we would have had Euro.

@Lord Valtasar Any chance you could tell how many have already completed their art entry? If you aren't allowed to say, I understand.