Bas

Common knowledge: The MLPF quiz competition

(edited)

So who dares for a competition of knowledge? I sure do, and I am not too uncertain of myself*, either!

* "Not too uncertain: Turns out inconfident is not a word. Bas' Score: -1

Rules:

- Post questions only that  are considered common knowledge, not only in your country but the whole world (or a big part of it). If I am questioning about German comedians, nobody of you wouldn't know the answers either. Or at least something people could know. Please refrain from questions that only work in a certain language that isn't English.

Procedure:

- If you know or guess the answer of a question, write it down. Only one answer allowed. (You are allowed to make further guesses without them counting, as long as your primary answer is clear)

- Everyone (up to debate) who gets it right, gets a point, as noted in this googledocs excel sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1euXnXBeosmF0bojXvuV--sTSYX6i1_dzSX1LqgU4Q7E/edit?usp=sharing

The person who created the question will add the point, not the one who answered. That person is supposed to write OK or sth at the end of the previous post to state that the score was accredited correctly.

- After the correct answer is published, the first who answered is supposed to give in the next question. If he doesn't within 24 hours, the next in the line follows or just someone else randomly.

I can't believe I am following a topic in forums games.

(and let's just hope this is the only game/topic of that, at least I will find the other one if it is not)

It would be nice (if this topic is legitimate) if a staffer could pin this post so people would not have to click on first page to see the rules or google-docs link.

(In case I need to, I can still edit my first post in 345345 years?)

Edited by Bas
  • Brohoof 2
  • Excited 1

(edited)

The October Revolution (not the one in 1850) is a historical important event in..

- the US

- Germany

- Russia

- Spain

(Put on purpose in a separate post)

Edited by Bas

7 hours ago, Bas said:

The October Revolution (not the one in 1850) is a historical important event in..

- the US

- Germany

- Russia

- Spain

(Put on purpose in a separate post)

Russia, it was the revolution that is viewed as the beginning of the Soviet Union, and was done after the February Revolution that ousted the Tsarist Régimé

Russia.

@Snow Your turn.

(Maybe we should award bonus points for explanations? :pout:)

SCORES OK

The most produced tank of the second world war was the:

-T-34

-Panzer IV

-M4 Sherman

-Tiger

(edited)

T-34, it was not as good as the German tanks, but the USSR could make a lot of them and the fact that a German tank is better did not really count when it was outnumbered something like 10 to 1.

Edited by Pentium100

Not believing I am correct, but I just go with the German Panzer IV. I wonder though if that is the one with the codename Großtraktor or Kleintraktor (small/large tractor), which was used in production to cover it up (was that in the sowjet union even? I remember something about that).

And of course I am awaiting for the to continue so we get into questions I even know answers about :x

The T-34 was the most produced tank in the second world war and the second most produced tank of all time.

Badges

@Pentium100
@Nsxile
It was indeed the Russian T-34 With more than 57000, units of various type built by the end of the war in Europe, in close second is the American Sherman at around 50000 and the German Panzer IV and tiger(1) at Around 8500 and 1300 built respectively.

Sorry @Bas Now you know! :ninjadash:

What happens next?

On 9/2/2019 at 11:31 PM, Bas said:

- Everyone (up to debate) who gets it right, gets a point, as noted in this googledocs excel sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1euXnXBeosmF0bojXvuV--sTSYX6i1_dzSX1LqgU4Q7E/edit?usp=sharing

The person who created the question will add the point, not the one who answered. That person is supposed to write OK or sth at the end of the previous post to state that the score was accredited correctly.

- After the correct answer is published, the first who answered is supposed to give in the next question. If he doesn't within 24 hours, the next in the line follows or just someone else randomly.

@Snow shall we Continue? So you habe Any questions or should i Simply Continue  the Quiz?

There will be too may tank questions :crackle: I think it best for you to continue~

Pretty Sure you can Google something. :)

Also, Please don't forget to Award the Points and Note it.

Oopsy.you have to tell the correct answer which is t34 award Points and then the First correct answer Personhae to gice für Next question.:)

(edited)

@BasHow long will this quiz last? How can I save this forum so I don't lose it and go looking for it later?

Edited by Muffinnz

Badges

(edited)

There is no termination date.

If you mean this topic - Just bookmark it in your browser.

If you are talking about the forums, same solution.

If you still somehow loose track of it, simply google for mlp forums.

So how many scores do I get for this? It wasn't even your turn. :ooh:

Edited by Bas

(edited)

idk, none? ^_^, you get a muffin

Edited by Muffinnz

Badges

Next question:

What was the biggest yield thermonuclear weapon ever detonated?

I've heard this before; I know it was a Soviet bomb but I don't remember the name ;-;

(edited)

@PawelS is correct, the Tsar Bomba was designed as a 100Mt bomb, though for the test it was reduced to "just" 50Mt so that the pilots of the plane that dropped it would have a chance to survive.

Now it's your turn to ask a question.

@Bas I tried to add the score, but it seems that I only have readNow it's your turn to ask. only access to the score file.

Edited by Pentium100

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

Now it's your turn to ask a question.

At the start of World War I (August 1914), the German emperor Wilhelm II said to his soldiers that they would be home before what happens?

Badges