Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How do you like your window?

DubWolf

Open thread about windows :P . How do you prefer them :wacko: ? Shut? Blinds over them? No blinds or curtains? Open so you can sing "GOOD MORNING, U-S-AAAAAAA" and chant about how you might have a feeling that it's going to be a wonderful day?

Mine are almost always closed and curtains keep them from letting a lot of sunshine in; it's just too hot and the AC sucks :scoots: . Although sometimes I'll open the window if outside feels nice.

Edited by WWolf
  • Brohoof 1

I like mine with the curtains pulled to the side during the day, to let plenty of light in! And if it’s cool enough outside I open the window.

But I prefer the curtains shut at nighttime. :wacko:

• Brohoof 1

I don't really use my curtains at all in the summer because my windows are open to let some air in because it's too hot.  In the winter, I tend to close the curtains I have but I oddly don't have any curtains in my bedroom, never really care to put up the ones I got for it, the holder for the curtain rod in my bedroom is broken anyways so it's pointless in trying to put up curtains in there anyways.  I live on the dark side of my apartment building anyways so I don't get much sunlight.

• Brohoof 1

If it’s hot outside, I will leave my blinds closed about 98%. The air conditioning doesn’t work in my bedroom so I have to make sure it stays as cool as possible. I also have my birds in my room so I want to make sure they don’t get too warm. At night, I close my blinds entirely along with my black curtains regardless of weather. When it’s cold outside (not cool but cold), I keep the windows open about 30%.

• Brohoof 1

I'm very paranoid with windows, so I like to stay as far away from them as possible - though I usually tend to have the blinds covering it regardless.

Summertime: I prefer my windows shut, same for the blinds. The summer months are brutal so keeping out sunlight is a must.

Winter: I love my windows open with a box fan running. I also leave the doors open while home during the day. :fluttershy:

I work nights now, so I have to sleep during the day. As such I’ve adopted the tactic used to deal with Alaskan 24 hour daylight: aluminum foil over the windows. My mom’s idea. She’s so smart. AND thick drawn curtains to make sure all the light gets filtered out.

It is night time ALL THE TIME in my room. :laugh:

My new apartment has an AC but my roommates and I can never agree on the temperature so I often keep one of the windows open in my bedroom. And if it's real hot, I put a fan in front of the window.

• Brohoof 1

Right now I have wooden blinds shut in reverse so no lines of sun peek through except at the very bottom where I have the exhaust tube for an air conditioner. For the past 5 years before this summer though, I usually kept it cracked open, even during winter, and I had no blinds or curtains whatsoever. Not by choice, we just never put any up in my room after we moved in.

Edited by SharpWit

When I sleep I have the blinds closed with blackout curtains covering them. Changes in light while I'm trying to fall asleep will affect my already terrible ability to fall asleep, and one of my windows faces the street.

During the day the blinds remain closed, but the air conditioning in my room isn't that good so I have to open the curtains and windows sometimes. The bottom halves of my windows are screened, so I rarely open the top halves.

I like the window to have a thin curtain during the day to allow light in but still maintain privacy in the living room or kitchen, but completely closed with blackout curtains in the bedroom around the clock. I like it dark in there.  

• Brohoof 1