Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Cheerilee shoulda been given more episodes

FlareGun45

Yunno a character who hasn't really been given ANYTHING other than just a supporting role? Other than Zecora, we already know that! No, Cheerilee. She's basically just known as the teacher of Ponyville School. Much like what the CMCs say, she is very sweet and kind, and the best teacher they could hope for, so they helped her find a special somepony.... well, more like FORCED her to, but that's basically the only plot she's ever had. You'd think that somepony like Cheerilee coulda had more episodes starring her.

Like maybe an episode where she's so busy all the time, the CMCs decide to help her let loose and have a good time, and then she eventually does let loose but too much that she's avoiding her responsibilities? How about about this one: the School of Friendship is stealing her students away to the point where her school is about to go outta business. Maybe one about Filthy Rich trying to buy the school off her, tear it down, and make way for a bigger school? There coulda been alota episodes starring Cheerilee if the writers actually took the chance to think about her, instead of constantly making new characters we don't care about get alota appearances or just make a buncha one-time characters we'll never see again. 

Really, y'think maybe Cheerilee shoulda gotten more content, other than just being known as the teacher for Ponyville School?

• Brohoof 2

The same argument could be made for every other minot supporting character over the nine seasons since this show gave us a massive lived in world. You also make a wild assumption here. 

5 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

instead of constantly making new characters we don't care about get alota appearances or just make a buncha one-time characters we'll never see again.

Pretty sure that many of the one-time characters trend positively in the fandom. Maybe not for you, but for some. Characters like Ra Ra and Autumn Blaze were popular AF. I like Cheerilee, but she really isn't that interesting a character at the end of the day. Instead of elevating a minor recurring set piece to something she wasn't designed for, I'd like to have seen more of these interesting one-time characters or places. We got just enough Cheerilee for her intended role. 

• Brohoof 1

If she counts as a background character, she got a LOT more screen-time than most of them. Would've kinda been cool if she part-timed at the Friendship School though, and maybe got in the face of Chancellor Neighsay when he was being a twerp.

5 minutes ago, BornAgainBrony said:

If she counts as a background character, she got a LOT more screen-time than most of them. Would've kinda been cool if she part-timed at the Friendship School though, and maybe got in the face of Chancellor Neighsay when he was being a twerp.

I could very easily write a short story arc for my OC, Will Guide and Cheerilee working in the background of the School

That's the thing. Twilight opens a school and Cheerliee is a missed opportunity to make use of her specialty as a teacher. She could have gotten a chance to teach there part-time. Train the Mane 6 that are bad at teaching. Even a clash of teaching concepts when it conflicts with how she developed teaching.

I didn't even think about this before, but the school of friendship actually could have been a good opportunity to give Cheerilee a little bit of attention.  Like she didn't even have to teach there, but it might have been nice to have an episode where she helps out the mane 6 with being teachers.  I think that had some potential.  It's kind of a wasted opportunity.

• Brohoof 1

Cheerilee is one of the most noble and honorable members of Ponyville (Except for when she neglected Diamond Tiara's behavior in plain sight).

And about this topic, I also feel very similar towards Mayor Mare, Mr. and Mrs. Cake, Photo Finish. The show should have maintained the attention and care that they give towards these characters and keep portraying them casually as an everyday Ponyville pedestrians, rather than just one-shot DJ-Pon3 and Derpy cameos, which aren't a wrong, but feels like a less thoughtful way to show a daily life and details of Ponyville.

Cheerilee character is never relevant in the first place. Her only chance is her notable appearance in Hearts and Hooves Day but the shipping went nowhere and it's officially dead by Sugar Belle's arrival. Zecobra and Trixie both were already high-demand characters with their first appearance only. It's too late for Cheerilee character, there are already a ton of more interesting characters who are screaming for their return but still didn't happen and will never happen. Cheerilee is even less relevant than Derby.:muffins: