Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Welcome to Tartarus: population who?

Senko

I am bothered by the way Tartarus went from a prison for the worst of pony villains to one holding Tirek, Cozy and a bunch of animals. So im making this thread in the hopes people will post dark and scary prisoners to populate it. Here are two to start off with.

Name: Crux Yegg

Species: Alicorn

History: Crux was an earth pony envious of the magic and flight of other races. Originally he convinced a unicorn to steal wings from a pegasus and a horn from a unicorn of a rival house managing to escape the wrath of King Diamond by fleeing into the frozen north beyond the pony lands. Some say he was the one who created the windigoes as revenge while others that he merely unleashed them from some remote prison. What is known is that he returned to a young Equestria some time after Tireks defeat killing several ponies in an attempt to take their magic and augment his powers before being defeated by the pillars and imprisoned.

Name: Arctic Gust

History: Long obsessed with the glorious history of Pegasus warriors this pony was often viewed by others as being rather odd for their habit of travelling across Equestria in search of vicious creatures to test their combat skills against as well as widely regarded as the most powerful of the royal guard rising to captain of that august body. However shortly after attaining this rank several members of the guard went missing over the course of a year. Investigation found that Artic had been quietly luring ponies with a reputation for magical or physical strength or notable combat skills to remote locations and killing them as the ultimate challenge on their hunting trips for many years. Upon being discovered Artic slew the dozen guards sent to arrest them before challenging and being defeated by Celestia herself.

@Senko

The section Sugarcube Corner is meant to discuss My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic indirectly. This thread is asking users to partake in something silly/random. Therefore, it has been moved to the Forum Lounge.

Name: Locusta

Species: Changeling

History: Sixty-eight years prior to current events, Locusta was caught attempting to poison Princess Celestia while disguised as one of her hoofmaidens who was later found dead, having been given the same poison. During an interrogation performed by Royal Guards, she confessed this to be her second attempt, the first being successful in delivery but proving to be ineffective. Little is known about Locusta's background as she came from a time when Changelings were reviled as a whole, but her motives were based on Equestrian Interference in Changeling affairs abroad and their supposed persecution within. It's not known to what extent the latter is true, as the likes of this and other assassination attempts does suggest a legitimacy to their being a threat, but there seems to have been no distinction made for changelings who may have forgone hive life or come from unaffiliated ones on record. There are however, documents regarding conflicts with Changelings in former overseas territories in regard to the former, but few of these are accessible by the public. When questioned about having an accomplices aiding her, she claimed that she acted alone, but this was found to be false a few years later, when another prisoner was being brought to Tartarus and recognized her as being a changeling they had specifically hired for the crimes committed. If not for withholding such information and the murder of one of the princess's beloved hoofmaidens, Locusta may have been considered being released from Tartarus, had she sought forgiveness and given the changes brought with the Changeling Reformation. The seriousness of her actions has deemed any chance of rehabilitation into modern society null.

Notes: I don't know whether or not this is the case, either from a lack of information or from me not being caught up on the show, but I've decided for my head canon that while in Tartarus, you don't physically age, otherwise that would take away from perfectly normal creatures being in cells, or at least nothing but their remains left in cells. I think this also works by there probably being a lack of food and water provided to prisoners.

I like to include a bit of history into my characters, and I was going for a completely different name and a less specific crime, but I accidently found myself on a Wikipedia page for Locusta, who was a notorious maker of poisons during the first century of the Roman Empire, and it was all too fitting.