Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask ShadOBabe

ShadOBabe

32 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Ah, I see. :mlp_wat:

What makes your favorite Pokemon your favorite Pokemon? 

My two favorite Pokemon are Ninetales and Blaziken.

Ninetales is just straight-up gorgeous. They're fluffy, elegant foxes, with silky fur and fire powers (best type). And many of them have this slightly sinister air about them like the kitsunes they're based off of, like the fact they'll curse you if you screw with them. They just seem like the most posh Pokemon. And my Ninetales in Gold was the first Pokemon I got to level 100 without Rare Candies, and she was bred with Hypnosis.

Blaziken also looks amazing, but in the bad@$$ way. They're like six feet tall, and can jump skyscrapers. Their evolutionary line is like adorable little chickens, but then BAM, they glow up into a freakin' kung-fu phoenix with fire fists. Birds are already my favorite animals, Blaziken is just over the top. My personal Blaziken in Sapphire was a powerhouse that wrecked everything.

I have Pokemon OCs that I'd like to draw eventually, and the two lead Pokemon on the team are a Blaziken named Paladin and a Ninetales named Seraphim. They're awesome.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What made you decide to use a zotl as your persona? 

Three things: 

• I freakin ADORE the OG Ahuizotl from the show.
  • They’re a super rare species both in the show and in the fandom.
  • The have a strange and unique body design that makes them really fun to draw.
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Do zotl's wear disguises when they are in public? :ooh:

Most zotls stay in the jungles where they’re most at home, so it’s usually not even an issue. But there are a few examples in my own stories where a zotl has to travel through pony settlements and be a little less... conspicuous.

I mean seriously, zotls are larger than Celestia, and don’t look like ANY of the races currently inhabiting Equestria. So unless you WANT every pair of eyes in you at all times, you’re going to need to find a way to blend in, usually with magic.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Most zotls stay in the jungles where they’re most at home, so it’s usually not even an issue. But there are a few examples in my own stories where a zotl has to travel through pony settlements and be a little less... conspicuous.

I mean seriously, zotls are larger than Celestia, and don’t look like ANY of the races currently inhabiting Equestria. So unless you WANT every pair of eyes in you at all times, you’re going to need to find a way to blend in, usually with magic.

So, no trenchcoats & fedoras?

Spoiler

ninjatrenchcoat.jpg

:P

Just now, Sparklefan1234 said:

Silly Manehattan tailors! :yeahno:

In that case, are Zotl's good at improvising? 

Regular clothing disguises just don’t work. So there’s two things we can do: use stealth or use magic items. And zotls are great at both.

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Regular clothing disguises just don’t work. So there’s two things we can do: use stealth or use magic items. And zotls are great at both.

How can a zotl possibly be "stealthy" when they are "Larger than Celestia.", like you said? 

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

How can a zotl possibly be "stealthy" when they are "Larger than Celestia.", like you said? 

I was referring to just walking around the street in board daylight. No one is going to ignore you if you try that. But jumping from rooftop to rooftop under the cover of night? Zotls are very good at that.

But the downside is, obviously, you’re having to sneak around. Some times you HAVE to be out in public. You got no other recourse but magic transformations in that case.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I was referring to just walking around the street in board daylight. No one is going to ignore you if you try that. But jumping from rooftop to rooftop under the cover of night? Zotls are very good at that.

Zotl's are Batman? :nom:

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

But the downside is, obviously, you’re having to sneak around. Some times you HAVE to be out in public. You got no other recourse but magic transformations in that case.

Nope. Turns out Zotl's are Shazam! :pinkie:/:laugh:

7 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Zotl's are Batman? :nom:

Nope. Turns out Zotl's are Shazam! :pinkie:/:laugh:

41BFAA1C-A086-4FF1-9B2E-954C92305E96.gif.0573f272ce68619659833aa099700c77.gif

@Sparklefan1234 Just to be specific though, doesn’t Shazam have like, personal magic powers?

I will confess, zotls are not magical by ourselves. Sure we got some cool powers, but they’re just physical. If we use magic, it’s from an outside source, like artifacts and potions.

• Brohoof 1

12 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Just to be specific though, doesn’t Shazam have like, personal magic powers?

I think so. I was just thinking of someone who transformed into someone else. 

13 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I will confess, zotls are not magical by ourselves. Sure we got some cool powers, but they’re just physical. If we use magic, it’s from an outside source, like artifacts and potions.

Like, magic muffins? :ooh:

I think she means MacGuffin:huh:

Eeyup! :mellow:

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I think so. I was just thinking of someone who transformed into someone else. 

Like, magic muffins? :ooh:

I think she means MacGuffin:huh:

Eeyup! :mellow:

There needs to be a story written about a McGuffin McMuffin. Delicious and solves plot holes!

• Brohoof 1