Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask ShadOBabe

ShadOBabe

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Agreed.

Western style cartoons, definitely. They appeal to my not-so-inner child.

Who was the first cartoon character you ever practiced with? (I'm not sure if there is a technical term.) 

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Who was the first cartoon character you ever practiced with? (I'm not sure if there is a technical term.) 

The very earliest Western cartoon character I remember drawing was Poison Ivy from Batman: the Animated Series. I think I was in like... first or second grade. I wish I could still find that drawing. XD

0127DEDB-86DF-4094-A02A-87D8A83ADB80.jpeg

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

31 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

No worries! No one has asked.

I’m not good at drawing realistically. More specifically, I find drawing realistically to be incredibly boring, so I don’t practice. And if you don’t practice, you suck.

I also have a hard time with drawing machinery and other inorganic things. Sometimes I pull it off, but I tend to be better at drawing things that can have flexible poses and facial expressions.

Sure! That remind me that I need to get back to my Halloween avatars when my work week is over.

Perhaps you'd be able to give Emperor Azurailo a vampire outfit?

1 minute ago, Wolf Guide said:

Perhaps you'd be able to give Emperor Azurailo a vampire outfit?

Sorry hon. Gonna have to make that “one edit per person” rule permanent. Life is so busy that I can barely keep up with just what I have. I’ve still got to edit @Duality and @The Demon‘s avatars.

36 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Sorry hon. Gonna have to make that “one edit per person” rule permanent. Life is so busy that I can barely keep up with just what I have. I’ve still got to edit @Duality and @The Demon‘s avatars.

I didn't mean to make the request.

Darn my big mouth

I meant that Emperor Azurailo the MLP Forums Member was considering your services.

It hurts me when people misunderstand my intentions.

14 minutes ago, Wolf Guide said:

I didn't mean to make the request.

Darn my big mouth

I meant that Emperor Azurailo the MLP Forums Member was considering your services.

It hurts me when people misunderstand my intentions.

OOOOOH, okay. I had no idea who that person was so my brain just assumed it was an OC of yours. Maybe I can then. Let me finish the other two and see if I have time.

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

OOOOOH, okay. I had no idea who that person was so my brain just assumed it was an OC of yours. Maybe I can then. Let me finish the other two and see if I have time.

I'm sorry for causing a misunderstanding. If you really don't have time in the end, he'll understand

• Brohoof 1

9 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

The very earliest Western cartoon character I remember drawing was Poison Ivy from Batman: the Animated Series. I think I was in like... first or second grade. I wish I could still find that drawing. XD

0127DEDB-86DF-4094-A02A-87D8A83ADB80.jpeg

Excellent choice! Is Poison Ivy your favorite Batman villain? 

3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Excellent choice! Is Poison Ivy your favorite Batman villain? 

When I was little. But then I got older and fell in love with Riddler and Scarecrow. XD 

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

When I was little. But then I got older and fell in love with Riddler and Scarecrow. XD 

Did you like Riddler & Poison Ivy because they both wear green? :arethosehands:

6 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Did you like Riddler & Poison Ivy because they both wear green? :arethosehands:

Actually little me hated green as a color. But Poison Ivy was just too cool for little me to care. And Animated Riddler was just a straight up cutie. XD

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, Blivy said:

You like the mythbusters?

I used to! I haven’t seen it in years!

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Who is your favorite member of the Bat Family?" Mine's Batgirl. Specifically, Barbra Gordon.

Probably either Batman himself or Dick Grayson. X3

• Brohoof 1

5 minutes ago, Blivy said:

Awesome! What was your favorite one??? If you remember?

That was actually my favorite show as a kid! :wub:

I don’t remember most of them, but I liked anything where stuff blew up. Like the time they used explosives to clean out the inside of a concrete tumbler.

11 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I don’t remember most of them, but I liked anything where stuff blew up. Like the time they used explosives to clean out the inside of a concrete tumbler

Oh yeah that was a BIG boom!!!!

• Brohoof 1

Mind if I call ya Babe? 

...In fact, why the name Shadow Babe? That sounds pretty edgy considering how sunny you seem to be!

On a different note, you do seem to love obscure mythological beasties as much as I do! You came up with that floating, decapitated babyeater lady a little while back! (Yeah, there's actually a movie based on that monster. Go figure.) What other forgotten myth beasties do you know and would like to share?!

4 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

Mind if I call ya Babe? 

...In fact, why the name Shadow Babe? That sounds pretty edgy considering how sunny you seem to be!

Yeah, I came up with the name when I was 13, when "edgy" was "so cool omg". :D

More specifically, I was a hugh Shadow the Hedgehog fangirl back then. And the name just stuck.

9 minutes ago, Widdershins said:

On a different note, you do seem to love obscure mythological beasties as much as I do! You came up with that floating, decapitated babyeater lady a little while back! (Yeah, there's actually a movie based on that monster. Go figure.) What other forgotten myth beasties do you know and would like to share?!

Haha! Oh you saw Daring's post about the Krasue, huh? Yeah, I know I said "Neighpon" (Japan) in that post, but the Krasue is actually from the southeast asian region further south. I just didn't have a good ponified name for that area. XDD

Hmmmm... let's see. I like the "peryton" (winged deer). Then there's the "kasa-obake", a Japanese ghost that possesses old umbrellas.  And there's the Encantado, a river dolphin that turns into a human to party with and/or kidnap people, and wears a hat to disguise it's blowhole.

(edited)
16 minutes ago, IronM17 said:

Which christian confession are you belonging?

What is for you the most important christian holiday?

What is your favorite music?

What do you mostkly like on Ahuizotl?

- Christian... “confession”? I’m not sure, but my denomination is Baptist.

- Hmm, I think they’re equally important, but the one I most enjoy is Christmas. I just really love the themes, aesthetic, and generally warm and fuzzy feel of Christmas.

- I’ll listen to all kinds of music, but I really like 70s and 80s rock, modern pop, and oldies pop.

- I love all kinds of things about Ahuizotl. First of all, he’s an ahuizotl, a creature from Aztec mythology. The fact that he’s in MY LITTLE PONY is just amazing to me. Then I like his crazy design. It’s strange and weird and fun to draw. Lastly, I just love his personality and his crazy, bombastic “villain” aesthetic.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

• 2 weeks later...