Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask ShadOBabe

ShadOBabe

1 minute ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Not enough info? 

Huh. Coulda sworn you've seen my blog before. Maybe I'm mistaken? :huh:

We had a discussion that started because of something regarding your superheroes, but I was coming at it with just the general experience of a fellow creative. I very rarely read blogs on here.

14 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I’m not really up for a huge info dump atm, but you can give me the basic premise if you want.

Basically it's a shared universe of stories, taking inspiration from and reconstructing the tropes found in the Golden and Silver Ages of Comics.

3 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Basically it's a shared universe of stories, taking inspiration from and reconstructing the tropes found in the Golden and Silver Ages of Comics.

So very campy and lighthearted? Who are your “big” characters? Like your Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman? And what are their gimmicks?

Edited by ShadOBabe

4 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

So very campy and lighthearted? Who are your “big” characters? Like your Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman? And what are their gimmicks?

Generally combining the campiness and fantastic plots of the Silver Age with things like the moral ambiguity and pulpier sides of the Golden Age (for instance Nazis and Communists are major villains in the setting, since this is an alternate history where World War II lasted until 1949, and was more destructive, including bombings on the East Coast by the Third Reich, and possibly limited nuclear warfare).

As for those three heroes you mentioned, for their equivalents we have Infinite (Superman), Eisheth (probably the closest to being a Batman analogue with elements of Ghost Rider), and Ishtar (Wonder Woman).

As for their gimmicks...

Infinite is basically if you mixed the Golden Age Superman (an anti-establishment rebel who's more concerned with social ills and the working man rather than truth, justice, and the American way) with Q from Star Trek or Discord in terms of powers, with elements of Green Lantern here and there.

Eisheth is a succubus who works as a detective investigating the supernatural forces in Hell, Michigan and the surrounding area while also tempting people into selling their souls.

Ishtar is the Babylonian goddess of war, love, alcohol, justice, and sex masquerading as (or rather, sharing the body of) Marlene Babylon, a German-American archaeologist who was born and raised in the Greater German Reich, but became VERY disillusioned with the Nazi Party, especially after what Ishtar showed her in their first meeting. Ishtar might be fun-loving, hard-drinking lech who flirts with men and women alike, but beneath that is a sharp-minded and power-hungry deity who wants to rule everyone and everything (though her intentions are noble - humanity has not taken very good care of itself, and needs major protecting before the five superpowers of the world blow themselves up). She and Marlene have a kind of Jen Walters-She Hulk dynamic - Marlene is the boring, no-nonsense persona while Ishtar uses Marlene's inner desires, assertiveness, and self-confidence to manifest herself in the real world.

Whoo...there. How's that?

Just now, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Wanna know more? Because I'd LOOOVE telling my ideas to a fellow creative.

Sure, go for it. I can’t guarantee I’ll have good feedback, but I like to listen!

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Are some Zotl's more shy than others?" 

Well I can only truly answer for myself, but all Zotls are individuals like ponies and people. Most of the Zotls I know are boisterous and confident, but I’m sure their are some that prefer to keep to themselves!

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Going by the Sonic & Knuckles video game: "Knuckles can glide & climb walls so that makes him the coolest, right?". 

Nah, man. Shadow is the coolest. <3

• Brohoof 1

What do you do when pressure/stress is just too much?

Also...

On 11/19/2019 at 10:11 PM, ShadOBabe said:

Nah, Sonic is Shadow going through his “totally rad” phase.

Sonic is still king of the franchise, so that makes Shadow the faker. :orly:

9 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

What do you do when pressure/stress is just too much?

Also...

Sonic is still king of the franchise, so that makes Shadow the faker. :orly:

Silence, blasphemer! Shadow’s the king! XD 

More seriously though, I destress mostly by taking a nap or watching something really wholesome. And I mean REALLY wholesome, and quiet, like early Disney or Looney Tunes movies.

The more modern stuff, even though I enjoy it, kind of adds to the stress. My theory is that since I’m on the autism spectrum, too much stimulation from light/noise/action just makes things worse if I’m already at wits end.

9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Why are you crying about the tiny horses?" :maud:

BECAUSE I’M SO PROUD OF THEM!!

C1C00C59-9185-49F0-96BF-FDCE34F06054.gif.1d420e37f2b748b2e0e5557baa67ff61.gif

4 minutes ago, PiratePony said:

What is your quest?

To make the world just a little bit happier.

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Silence, blasphemer! Shadow’s the king! XD 

More seriously though, I destress mostly by taking a nap or watching something really wholesome. And I mean REALLY wholesome, and quiet, like early Disney or Looney Tunes movies.

The more modern stuff, even though I enjoy it, kind of adds to the stress. My theory is that since I’m on the autism spectrum, too much stimulation from light/noise/action just makes things worse if I’m already at wits end.

He's an arch duke at best, and you know it. Sonic's gonna be teaching everyone how to cool, especially when future generations forget how. :D But I'm still gonna hug you anyways!

I didn't know you were on the autism spectrum! I'm learning things about my friends every day. :squee:

If you like action, do you prefer Marvel or DC?

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

How do you manage to do that every time you post? :ooh:/:)

If I’m being frank, I don’t. Not every time. I still screw up and get angry or bitter sometimes. But I try not to. There’s enough people out there doing it on purpose. Don’t want to add to the pile.

2 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

He's an arch duke at best, and you know it. Sonic's gonna be teaching everyone how to cool, especially when future generations forget how. :D But I'm still gonna hug you anyways!

I didn't know you were on the autism spectrum! I'm learning things about my friends every day. :squee:

If you like action, do you prefer Marvel or DC?

He’s king of my heart. <3

Yay hugs!

Yep! I was originally diagnosed with Aspergers, but it’s all just labeled under Autism Spectrum Disorder these days.

Depends on the medium! I prefer Marvel movies, but DC cartoons!

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, Samurai Equine said:

Good answer. I feel similarly. :proud:

Favorite super hero from both?

Batman is definitely my favorite DC hero. Nightcrawler and Thor are my favorite Marvel Heroes. <3

• Brohoof 1