• Only a bit of damage...
    • Impressive thud.
    • It bounced?
    • Ahhh! Multiball!

DD.jpg

Title: Dragon Dropped

Air Date: September 8, 2019

Written By: Josh Haber

Synopsis: Rarity worries she's done something to upset Spike when he stops making time for her.

Watch Live and chat with us on EquestriaTV in the CMC Clubhouse

• Brohoof 3

• This topic was pinned and featured
22 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Did anyone noticed Derpy closed up the Post Office when she saw Rarity had a HUGE box of stuff?

Was one of the few saving graces of this episode. That and Gabby and Spike are adorable. The rest ... not a fan. 

• Brohoof 3

31 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Did anyone noticed Derpy closed up the Post Office when she saw Rarity had a HUGE box of stuff?

Funniest moment of the episode. :laugh:

As for this episode, back when I watched it early, I really, really praised it. Yes, Rarity was at her worst character-wise (more so than Sonic Rainboom), but it made sense. This is the first episode to tackle Spike’s crush on Rarity in her point of view and how it affected her. After watching it, I called it the best Rarity episode of the show and one of the twenty best overall. Time to see if it holds up!

• Brohoof 7

5 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Rarity's behavior was simply awful in this episode, IMO. What a disappointing way to end Best Pony's journey. :sunny:

Yeah, I feel like this episode would have fit better in Season 7 or 8.

• Brohoof 3

One of my favorite episodes of the second half of this season, but maybe that's because this one felt relatable for me.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 4

I thoght it was an okay episode. Rarity wasn't at her best but it doesn't bother me, the episode was inoffensive but ratirys drama and their relationship is not something that I really care about. Any way, the episode had some great moments and over all was inoffensive, 6\10.

large (2).png

2122603.png

It was great to see gabby again:yay:

Edited by Rushing cash
  • Brohoof 6

SPOILER ALERT!

So I just saw MLP “Dragon Dropped” Not one of my favorites but definitely a better watch on TV, than online as a leak. I sympathized with Rarity a bit more watching this episode a 2nd time because I know how hard it is not to be “number one friend” anymore and I empathized with Spike as he tried to find a time balance for 2 close friends. Rarity’s apologies were hilarious! It was nice to see Gabby again before the series and get a little cameo shot of her with Gallous. It’s nice to see Spike in his role with other species, and see how Twilight’s school is creating more communication between the kingdoms. Twilight was great and had some really great mature chats with Rarity throughout the episode. Rarity’s forms of bribery were perfectly tailored to Spike’s interests so I give her some credit for knowing Spike that well.  I also like how we see that Rarity does truly appreciate and love Spike. However something about both Spike and Rarity in this episode felt irritating to me like Rarity would have learned this in earlier seasons rather than in season 9 and Spike already shares his time with characters like Smolder so it seems a bit out of character for this to be an issue between the 2. Spike kinda seems to hang Rarity out to dry and later Gabby out to dry, when he could just explain to both characters the situation and make certain days be for Rarity and other days be for Gabby. Plus didn’t Discord learn this lesson in his gala episode in a way?   

• Brohoof 3

This is probably the episode I needed the most for how much I wanted Spike and Rarity's relationship to be after the show ends. And it has a moral that is understandable to me. Sure, Rarity may be annoying to some, but given how Spike has always follow everything she does, it made sense she would be at her worst in this episode.

Plus, new ship for Spike lol

• Brohoof 2

This episode finally resolved Spike's crush on Rarity into something more healthier! Are Spike and Gabby a thing? Well that depends on the point of view of the viewer! It was highly implied that Haber was shipping Spike with Gabby, buuuuuut it ain't exactly canon until there are hearts involved! ;) I like that ship very much! At least the crush is finally gone - this episode was very much needed!

• Brohoof 3

12 minutes ago, OptimisticNeighsayer said:

Am I the only one who thinks that Rarity should have confessed outright that her relationship with Spike over the years has been a bit exploitative, or am I missing something? I feel that is bogging down my reception of the episode and I need some help.

I'd like to think this episode wasn't the first time Rarity gifted Spike. I somewhat agree with your thoughts, but Rarity's swing of emotions throughout the episodes tells me that her friendship with Spike means more to her than what Spike can do for help.

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ChB said:

I'd like to think this episode wasn't the first time Rarity gifted Spike. I somewhat agree with your thoughts, but Rarity's swing of emotions throughout the episodes tells me that her friendship with Spike means more to her than what Spike can do for help.

Oh, I agree that she does have genuine feelings. It might be my own bias, but it just seemed the episode emphasized the exploitative side more but was glossed over in the end.

• Brohoof 4