Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

gaming EA Games Makes Guinness Book Of World Records

Denim&Venöm

So congratulations to Electronic Arts for making it into the Guinness Book of World Records, thanks to their installment of Star Wars: BattleFront II. 

Or rather, one of their Reddit comments released on behalf of the game made it in. 

emyh8znf6mjhfzxs7tsh.jpg

Good luck breaking that record. 

• Brohoof 2

6 minutes ago, Denim&Venom said:

So congratulations to Electronic Arts for making it into the Guinness Book of World Records, thanks to their installment of Star Wars: BattleFront II. 

Or rather, one of their Reddit comments released on behalf of the game made it in. 

emyh8znf6mjhfzxs7tsh.jpg

The way Bethesda's treating the fans of their games, I have a feeling it's quite possible they might break it. :laugh: To be honest I'd be surprised if they didn't have a post that had at least 500k downvotes somewhere on Reddit. That of course isn't to say I don't hate Reddit though, because I do. :unamused:

Edited by Banjo

23 minutes ago, Banjo said:

The way Bethesda's treating the fans of their games, I have a feeling it's quite possible they might break it. :laugh: To be honest I'd be surprised if they didn't have a post that had at least 500k downvotes somewhere on Reddit. That of course isn't to say I don't hate Reddit though, because I do. :unamused:

Actually the second most downvoted comment is closer to 90K downvotes. Nobody is touching EA's debacle and hopefully no one ever will. 

I really can't say that I'm suprised about this, considering a lot of their questionable decisions, in addition to that particular comment.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Splashee said:

Is this real? Really? Why would Reddit be so important to Guinness Book of World Records in the first place, for this to happen?

My guess is because this was a huge amount of downvotes. Like Denim said, the 2nd most downvoted comment has around 90,000 or so, while this one was approaching 700,000 and that is a massive jump. Another point, though I am not well acquainted with what's in the book but aren't there records for all sorta of random stuff? Might as well throw this in the pile too since it probably won't be beaten for a loooooong time.

• Brohoof 1

Now this is sure to be a black eye on EA's already damaged reputation. Then again, they might not even care about it given their practices.

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

emyh8znf6mjhfzxs7tsh.jpg

Well, that's a very specific record. 

1 hour ago, Ganondorf8 said:

Now this is sure to be a black eye on EA's already damaged reputation. Then again, they might not even care about it given their practices.

Not sure it COULD drop any lower at this point. And they don't care, because people still give them money for loot boxes.

EA deserves it. I miss the time when we could fully enjoy video games without any loot boxes and DLCs.

Also, is it normal that it's 2019 and I have no idea how to use Reddit?

If anyone's going to ever break this record, it'll be Bethesda, we can be sure of that... :dry: Todd "It Just Works" Howard is a greedy, conniving piece of work that has absolutely no concern for Bethesda's fanbase.  To be honest, with some of what the company's done to other companies, Mr. "It Just Works" ought to be in f***ing jail. :unamused:

7 minutes ago, The Historian said:

If EA qualifies as the worst company, you're not looking hard enough. There are companies that are worse than EA.

Oh sure there are likely worse companies in the grand scheme of things, but EA has like straight up won a few “Worst Company in America” awards via vote.

I think they reason that they piss people off so much is because they screw with people’s “Happy Places”. People go to video games to unwind from the stress of the world, and then BAM, there’s EA making it suck.