Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Your Most Serious Injury

Venomous

When I was a toddler, apparently my shoulder popped out of its socket. But I was too young to remember it happening. The worst I CAN remember was spraining my ankle.

But that’s not the worst medical thing to happen to me. But the worst thing was not an “injury”.

I fell quite a distance on my head as a very young child and almost died. I was left in the supervision of a daycare and they weren't watching me closely enough, I guess.

I also broke my middle finger when playing with blocks (not the little toy blocks, but blocks they use for math class in elementary school). I don't even understand how that happened. lol.

Both of those happened well over twenty years ago when I was very young. I haven't had any such injuries in my adulthood, but have been struggling with some major foot issues. I'm not sure if that count as an injury. I'm still not sure what exactly caused it, but it has really effected my life drastically over the last year, keeping me from working and being active. =(

When I was around 6 years old (I think) I was playing around in my school's playground until I got a bit too close to the swings while someone was playing on them and I got hit right on the face by the edge of the swing, I even had to go to hospital to get stitches. I actually have part of my eyebrow missing because I have a scar there now. 

• 3 months later...

1. Hmm, well when I was practicing for band marching with the bass drum I tripped and fell and smacked my chin on the v shaped rung of a trailer! You could see bone but I just wrapped it in tape and carried on it was summer so I was sweating and it wouldn't stop bleeding so I took a couple days off practice. 

2. When I was jumping off the high dive when I was about 10 we just jumping through these tractor tubes and I Jumped and caught my leg on the side, well I must of dislocated it or something because for the next 2 weeks I couldn't hardly walk without it popping and hurting insanely bad, after about the 3rd week it started to feel better but man it hurt, almost went to the doctor for that one but started to get better just as I was about to go.

3. In high school I was squatting around I think ~500 lbs well it was my first time going to the 500's so I couldn't take the weight any longer and threw it over my head and it landed on my thigh, had a massive bruise on my thigh and it was numb for a while and once the bruising went away it hurt like hell for about a month. Leg still hurts to this day from that stunt!

4. Was running and caught my shin on a trailer hitch on a pickup gashed my shin really good and sent me flying across the pavement, never went to the doctor for that either just wrapped in in paper towels and duct tape.

5. Drove my four wheeler into a massive washout in a field going about half speed so roughly 25 mph and went flying over the handle bars and landed in front of it, slayed there for a bit in a daze before I finally got up and tried to get it unstuck from the washout, was hard because the damn washout was as tall as me (roughly 5' 9") was hard cause I was sore all over.

6.Not really an injury per say but I got my wisdom tooth pulled as it was hurting more than anything ever hurt in my life!

7. Squeezed a glass too hard once and sent a bit of glass through my hand, it bled like a son of a gun so I picked out the glass shard with it still bleeding and then wrapped it in some electrical tape and I was good!  

8. Go knocked silly by a two by four when gathering scrap wood for a project I threw a massive two by four in the air and it came back down and hit me good in the side of the head, after that I was done doing that for the day! 

Annnnddd, that's all I can think of at the moment, never usually go to the doctor unless I think im going to die, haha. 

• Brohoof 1

I almost broke my nose once while practicing flag tosses in marching band! :awwthanks:

But other than a bunch of nasty bruises and scrapes I’ve gotten from band and dance, I don’t think I’ve had too many serious injuries.

• Brohoof 2