Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What do you think the voice cast of G5 will be like?

eddeams

Will it still be based in Canada? Or will they make the shift to the LA pool? One plus for the latter option is that Tara Strong will be able to voice characters OTHER than Twilight. (If she reprises her role, that is)

There is a weird Pinkie Pie talk show thing on Hasbro's Youtube, where her voice is a different voice actor (and quite obnoxious, just the way Pinkie should be?). Before I saw that, I really thought Hasbro would never change the voice actors. They already have a solid team, and some of the characters like Pinkie Pie and Spike have unique voice attributes that can't easily be replaced or replicated.

Now G5 is such a different beast right now, that none of us have any clue about anything. But most of us think it will be a reboot, yes? New designs of the ponies, and possible changes to their races. But to change voice actors is still such a weird thing to do.

But since that Pinkie Pie talk show thing, which was official, I just don't know anymore!

It depends who they'll be willing to hire. I wouldn't be surprised if they use some of the voice talent from Generation 4, albeit for different roles.

8 hours ago, Cash In said:

It depends who they'll be willing to hire. I wouldn't be surprised if they use some of the voice talent from Generation 4, albeit for different roles.

One idea: Tara Strong for Princess Celestia.

Another idea is that Hasbro could end up utilizing both Canadian and LA-based actors in the future.  More like a balance between the two sides.

Some could return from FiM.  Others would be brand new.  Hell, if it also means Steve Blum finally gets to be on My Little Pony, so be it.  XP

On a side note: Sunni Westbrook as the new voice of Pinkie Pie?  That might work.

From the leaks, I think it’s implied the Canadian VAs won’t be returning. But it’s known Tara Strong won’t return due to an incident with an Uber driver, plus some inappropriate posts involving her fellow MANE VAs. I suppose some of them complained and they are more reserved in the clop :huh:

13 hours ago, Steve Piranha said:

From the leaks, I think it’s implied the Canadian VAs won’t be returning. But it’s known Tara Strong won’t return due to an incident with an Uber driver, plus some inappropriate posts involving her fellow MANE VAs. I suppose some of them complained and they are more reserved in the clop :huh:

I'm skeptical about this.  Do you have any proof that you can send to me in a private message?

4 hours ago, SaburoDaimando said:

I'm skeptical about this.  Do you have any proof that you can send to me in a private message?

Not anymore. The site where all the leaks were that I know off have been taken down over a year ago. I don’t know where else they can be found

On 9/11/2019 at 2:25 PM, Cash In said:

Agreed simmilarly to how FiM does take a plenty of Voice Actors from G3. It make sense since they are probably within the 'contact circle', so to speak.

11 hours ago, Lucky Bolt said:

I really hope Ashleigh will be voicing a G5 character. 

"Been dreaming, I've been waiting To fly with those brave ponies". Yea, I think a singer and a voice actor that does two complex voices, and lives in Vancouver/Hasbro land will NOT be replaced.

But then again, "Rainbow Dash always dresses in style", so anything can happen!

• Brohoof 1

On 9/12/2019 at 8:55 PM, Lulaypp said:

Agreed simmilarly to how FiM does take a plenty of Voice Actors from G3. It make sense since they are probably within the 'contact circle', so to speak.

G3? Some of ‘em horses have been horses since all the way back in G1 :dash:. Albeit in My Little Pony Tales, the one often mistaken for G2 :D

Ocean Studios handled the voice acting for generation four though they are usually known for dubbing anime and providing voice work for original programs. I'd say they have become more appreciated than ever before thanks to MLP. Granted, Tara Strong and the celebrity voices are exceptions. With regards to the next generation, that all depends on who Hasbro ultimately decide to go with. They could try Ocean Studios again or go with another company if they felt the former didn't live up to their expectations. Options would include Funimation, Blue Water Dub, the group of voice artists involved with Fire Emblem and Sonic the Hedgehog, and so on.

Would not count on Funimation being an option given the bad PR that came out about them following Vic Mignoga's lawsuit.

For a voice actor, getting Jim Cummings to come in would be great.

Another is voice actors that do the Hyper Dimension Neptunia series. Celestia with Vert's voice.

Edited by Singe

Anyway, outside of the same Ocean Dub team that I would like, I also want to mix it up with other LA-based actors.

For example, Steve Blum always wanted to be on My Little Pony.  So I'm hoping Hasbro can grant that wish.

Charles Martinet is another actor I wanna see on the new series.

Even Mike Pollock, the voice of Dr Eggman, would be a great addition.

In terms of future celebrity actors, the ones I am hoping for includes 

Ashley Eckstein(Voice of Ahsoka Tano on Star Wars: The Clone Wars and Star Wars: Rebels.  In fact, she actually interviewed Meghan McCarthy, Tara Strong, Tabitha St. Germain, Andrea Libman and Cathy Weseluck back in 2012)

Mark Hamill(Yes.  I want Luke Skywalker AKA The Joker on My Little Pony)

Kevin Conroy(If Mark can make it, so can Kevin)

Grey Griffin(Ironic since she did the fan voice of Derpy Hooves)

Jason David Frank(Since he did a voice role in the Transformers, it makes perfect sense for this Power Ranger to join in)

Patrick Stewart(If its possible to bring in Jean Luc Picard from Star Trek: The Next Generation)

Evangeline Lily(The Wasp from the MCU and Tauriel from the Hobbit Trilogy)

Rob Paulsen(Why not?  Bring in a G1 actor like him)

Stephen Colbert(Jim Miller wanted to see this comedy legend on My Little Pony.  At least let's give him a chance in the spotlight)

• 10 months later...