Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Status Update Feed?

Partialgeek514

Hey! I was just thinking it might be nice to have a single page where we could see all the status updates of the ponies we follow in one place, kind of like a Facebook or Twitter feed. When I come online and see that I have 20 or 30 notifications about status updates, I don't like going through each on individually. It's not a big issue, but I think it might be a nice thing to have.

(If there is a page like this already though and I just haven't found it, this will be awkward :sealed:)

I could suggest using activity streams (for example by simply modifying the filters of New Status Updates accessible in the upper right corner)

You can set it to display only status updates posted by members you follow - - -

5Xht14V.png

- - - or you can even specify which members exactly should it cover - - -

o0MBwMk.png

This would display these in one page-

Spoiler

d8eRMAO.png

I set it to condensed for better preview; you may wish to use expanded.

You can then save the stream to access it later, without having to adjust filters again.

1KHxxtz.png However, it seems to be displaying only statuses posted within around 1.5 days, regardless of the time period setting. I suppose it is related to implemented limitations to the search engine to prevent from troubles MLPF had.

• Brohoof 2

I technically can create a custom stream for this relatively easily and add it under the forum + menu. 

@Bas Correct. You have to pay to play. That area on their forum is for those that have an active license. 

4 hours ago, Partialgeek514 said:

Hey! I was just thinking it might be nice to have a single page where we could see all the status updates of the ponies we follow in one place, kind of like a Facebook or Twitter feed. When I come online and see that I have 20 or 30 notifications about status updates, I don't like going through each on individually. It's not a big issue, but I think it might be a nice thing to have.

(If there is a page like this already though and I just haven't found it, this will be awkward :sealed:)

Okay following up. 

I did create a stream under My Content Streams under the Search menu and I’ll probably move it elsewhere for better access. 

https://mlpforums.com/discover/125/

That’d be the direct link to status updates of users that you have followed. That’s what the system allows me to create. I condensed it by default, but you can select to expand it should you feel the need to. 

I also freed freed up the search engine so you’ll see more status updates than before. 

Users are given the the ability to tweak these further if they need to, but the options that exist don’t differentiate between status updates, replies, or posts on someone’s personal profile. We can’t filter beyond just Status Updates which is the term used for all Status related content. When I move it to a different location I’ll post it in here before I lock the topic. Thanks for the request. :)

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Jerica said:

Okay following up. 

I did create a stream under My Content Streams under the Search menu and I’ll probably move it elsewhere for better access. 

https://mlpforums.com/discover/125/

That’d be the direct link to status updates of users that you have followed. That’s what the system allows me to create. I condensed it by default, but you can select to expand it should you feel the need to. 

I also freed freed up the search engine so you’ll see more status updates than before. 

Users are given the the ability to tweak these further if they need to, but the options that exist don’t differentiate between status updates, replies, or posts on someone’s personal profile. We can’t filter beyond just Status Updates which is the term used for all Status related content. When I move it to a different location I’ll post it in here before I lock the topic. Thanks for the request. :)

Thanks for the link. It looks like it'll be helpful. :) I was hoping for something more like a Facebook feed, where I can read and comment on all the posts on the same page, but I guess the forum might not be that easy to customize.

5 minutes ago, Partialgeek514 said:

Thanks for the link. It looks like it'll be helpful. :) I was hoping for something more like a Facebook feed, where I can read and comment on all the posts on the same page, but I guess the forum might not be that easy to customize.

If you expand it you will see the post block for each status update. 

• Brohoof 1

• 2 months later...

Can we just put the "Status Updates" separate from "Someone Quoted you" and "Someone reacted to"? The status updates in a lot of cases are just things like "Good night". It gets annoying to have to hunt through 14 status updates to see if someone reacted to or quoted you.

1 minute ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Can we just put the "Status Updates" separate from "Someone Quoted you" and "Someone reacted to"? The status updates in a lot of cases are just things like "Good night". It gets annoying to have to hunt through 14 status updates to see if someone reacted to or quoted you.

Yeah. It'd make things a lot easier to sort through.

On 11/18/2019 at 1:11 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Do you still want to get notifications when people you follow post status updates, just keeping them separate? If you don't want the notification at all you can disable notifications from new status updates and still be able to view them in the activity stream Jeric linked above whenever you want. That gives you one place for statuses and one for everything else.

• 1 month later...
On 11/18/2019 at 1:11 AM, cuteycindyhoney said:

Unfortunately not due to how the notification system is engineered in the software. Unless they change this feature, the customization of notifications is limited to what you already have access to in the software suite. It is much better than it used to be though. At least reactions are stacked per topic. Remember the days when every brohoof was a different notification?