Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Is there a good reason Rainbow Dash isn't a Wonderbolt yet?

Midnight Breeze

This coming from someone who hates Rainbow Dash. She's proven herself to be not only as good as, but better than any of the wonderbolts, including their captain.

She's the only pony in the world who's ever performed a sonic rainboom...multiple times even. The first time she did it, it earned her her cutie mark, which says A LOT about where her talents lie.

She saved 3 wonderbolts lives, including their captain, when they stupidly let themselves get knocked out by a flailing victim.

She single-handedly coached the pegasi of a tiny rural town into almost breaking the wingpower record set by Manehatten; a megalopolis; only failing due to an unfortunate featherflu outbreak.

In short she's proven herself a million times over. She should not only join the wonderbolts, she should lead it, because she's better than any of them. Exactly what more does Spitfire want her to prove?

• Brohoof 2

She behaves too undignified around them. Maybe they won't truly respect her until she acts less in awe of them. Also there might not be an opening on the team yet.

Anyway, RD totally deserves to be on the team. It would be a cool thing to happen in season three.

(edited)

I think she is still considered to be too young. I could have sworn I heard or read something about age being an issue somewhere before...

She's like 22. Faust said she designed all the ponies as young adults because they're supposed to be role models for young children. Can't see that being the problem.

Edited by Midnight Breeze

She's like 22. Faust said she designed all the ponies as young adults because their supposed to be role models for young children. Can't see that being the problem.

I would guess she is more like 19 than 22

• Brohoof 1

She's like 22. Faust said she designed all the ponies as young adults because their supposed to be role models for young children. Can't see that being the problem.

IDK man, I only said that I thought I had read that somewhere.

The Wonderbolts are all clearly older at least slightly with the whole Best Young Flyer competition and whatnot.

Talent is completely out of the question for this discussion obviously, as it's painfully clear that she's just as if not more talented than all of them. The only possible reasons I can see are because of her boastfulness, her willingness to cheat sometimes to get her way, etc. In reality it's just a plot device, but I still think they could do something involving the Wonderbolts more in an episode focused around her (especially since we Dash has a limited number of episodes focused on her to begin with). Like, Dash is accepted into the Wonderbolts, has less time for her friends, and has to choose between being famous and being with her new friends, Soarin and Spitfire etc, or remaining loyal to her long-time friends. You know something along those lines.

• Brohoof 1

Talent is completely out of the question for this discussion obviously, as it's painfully clear that she's just as if not more talented than all of them. The only possible reasons I can see are because of her boastfulness, her willingness to cheat sometimes to get her way, etc. In reality it's just a plot device, but I still think they could do something involving the Wonderbolts more in an episode focused around her (especially since we Dash has a limited number of episodes focused on her to begin with). Like, Dash is accepted into the Wonderbolts, has less time for her friends, and has to choose between being famous and being with her new friends, Soarin and Spitfire etc, or remaining loyal to her long-time friends. You know something along those lines.

Would be nice to see her practicing her element for once.

• Brohoof 1

• There's probably an age limit for Pegasus ponies to become Wonderbolts
  • The concept of Rainbow Dash having a dream of becoming a Wonderbolt is a way to connect with children who have dreams of becoming things when they get older, such as an actor or a doctor, etc.
  • Brohoof 1

Yes, she's a lesbian, ponies practice segregation of minorities.

RD has no social life beyond the episode content because of this. It's never referred to or touched as a topic neither.

It's right there if you look for the missing parts of the social interaction presented.

And it's not even hate in Equestria, it's a matter of fact.

She is not going to reproduce, she is useless as an member of the society.

#trufax

Or it's just something written to a family show no-one had time to proofread because no-one assumed this stuff would matter to anyone.

What you have here is a hole.

Confrakkingradulations, you found a hole because you looked, now my immersion is permanently all kinds of messed up. T_T

Yes, she's a lesbian, ponies practice segregation of minorities.

RD has no social life beyond the episode content because of this. It's never referred to or touched as a topic neither.

It's right there if you look for the missing parts of the social interaction presented.

And it's not even hate in Equestria, it's a matter of fact.

She is not going to reproduce, she is useless as an member of the society.

#trufax

Or it's just something written to a family show no-one had time to proofread because no-one assumed this stuff would matter to anyone.

What you have here is a hole.

Confrakkingradulations, you found a hole because you looked, now my immersion is permanently all kinds of messed up. T_T

What is this....I...

(edited)

Would be nice to see her practicing her element for once.

[media=]http-~~-//www.youtube.com/watch?v=kfKFKKTYhoY[/media]

Will refrain from even dwelling into that territory, as you do dislike her and you're entitled to your opinion, and I don't see the reason in trying to convince you otherwise when it's not what this thread is about <3

Anyway, I agree, also, with what This Day Aria said. In the grand scheme, it is looked at as a 'kids looking to the future and dreaming of something they want to be' type of thing. That's why even if an episode like what I mentioned occurred, she would never stay in the Wonderbolts for the rest of the series. She'd either leave of her own choice, the more likely scenario, or some other event occurs that forces her to quit.

Edited by ~Chaotic Discord~
  • Brohoof 1

What is this....I...

You asked for creative thoughts on the matter, didn't you?

There is one standpoint on the matter.

There is no truth here, nor will there be, ergo, I have no need to hold truth in any regard while replying.

Reason why RD isn't a Wonderbolt?

No positions.

Done.

Yep, I don't think sports teams can have more members than the opposing team than to count as a legit one.

So much done.

(edited)

This coming from someone who hates Rainbow Dash. She's proven herself to be not only as good as, but better than any of the wonderbolts, including their captain.

She's the only pony in the world who's ever performed a sonic rainboom...multiple times even. The first time she did it, it earned her her cutie mark, which says A LOT about where her talents lie.

She saved 3 wonderbolts lives, including their captain, when they stupidly let themselves get knocked out by a flailing victim.

She single-handedly coached the pegasi of a tiny rural town into almost breaking the wingpower record set by Manehatten; a megalopolis; only failing due to an unfortunate featherflu outbreak.

In short she's proven herself a million times over. She should not only join the wonderbolts, she should lead it, because she's better than any of them. Exactly what more does Spitfire want her to prove?

Oh, figured I would add a bit more.

Rainbow Dash has proven to be talented, yes, but you cannot say better than anyone on the Wonderbolts team because you have not seen any of them perform.

Sonic Rainboom? Sure, impressive, but that is theoretically something only RD can do since she has a rainbow mane. Just as likely that Spitfire can do something similar but a different color - say, a Sonic Sunset.

The three Wonderbolts didn't "let" themselves get knocked out, Rarity was flailing quite massively ... or was I watching a different show? Anyone could have gotten knocked out by that. EVERYONE makes a clumsy mistake.

Rainbow Dash can coach people, that's for sure, but without knowing what the Pegasi : Wind Power ratio is, you cannot say they did better because of RD. It is very possible that Ponyville has far more pegasi than Manehatten.

In conclusion, Rainbow Dash (and the rest of the Mane 6) are theorized to be in their early 20's ... most people that age are not sociologically or emotionally mature enough to hold such a famed position. We even see multiple times in the show that RD has quite a lot of maturing to do.

All three of your suppositions have been debunked. The ball is in your court.

Edit: grammatical errors

Edited by Strife
  • Brohoof 1

Rainbow will probably get in after she learns to mature more and not let things go to her head or as above mentioned cheat to get her way, even tho its rare it still happened.

she still needs train emotionally to be mentally mature enough to be a part of a team, the wonderbolts should have thanked her for saving them but seeing her mental though process she would use it to get in at the current time.

they know she may be ready and more than qualified ability wise but what she has in ability she often lacks in maturity, also shes a slacker. not a good trait for an elite flying team.

Oh, figured I would add a bit more.

Rainbow Dash has proven to be talented, yes, but you cannot say better than anyone on the Wonderbolts team because you have not seen any of them perform.

Sonic Rainboom? Sure, impressive, but that is theoretically something only RD can do since she has a rainbow mane. Just as likely that Spitfire can do something similar but a different color - say, a Sonic Sunset.

The three Wonderbotls didn't "let" themselves get knocked out, Rarity was flailing quite massively ... or was I watching a different show? Anyone could have gotten knocked out by that. EVERYONE makes a clumsy mistake.

Rainbow Dash can coach people, that's for sure, but without knowing what the Pegasi : Wind Power ratio is, you cannot say they did better because of RD. It is very possible that Ponyville has far more pegasi than Manehatten.

In conclusion, Rainbow Dash (and the rest of the Mane 6) are theorized to be in their early 20's ... most people that age are not sociologically or emotionally mature enough to hold such a famed position. We even see multiple times in the show that RD has quite a lot of maturing to do.

All three of your suppositions have been debunked. The ball is in your court.

Edit: grammatical errors

Sorry, I wasn't trying to argue. I suppose all of those things are plausible.

(edited)

Alright everypony, I'm here to settle this dispute once and for all. Most of you may not know this, but when I'm not off fighting evildoers and muffin-haters across Equestria, I act as the Wonderbolts official agent and spokesman. In answer to all of your questions as to why Rainbow Dash has not yet been accepted into our prestigious group, the Wonderbolts would just like you all to know... THAT WE HAVE FREE MUFFINS FOR EVERYPONY!!!!!!!!!! :D

Posted Image

That's right everypony!!!!!! Free muffins for all of you, for being such dear and loyal fans of the Wonderbolts, and not, you know, uh, um, to get you all to forget about Rainbow Dash not being in the Wonderbolts, or anything like that!!!!!! And, not only can you receive free muffins now, but from this day forward all attendees of Wonderbolts' shows will receive a complimentary muffin and mug of cider *Note: no free refills*!!!!!!!!! So come on down and get your free muffin!!!!! Muffins make everypony feel better and forget about all their troubles!!!!!! Have you forgotten about your troubles already? I know I have!!!!! I can't even remember what ponies were arguing about on this thread in the first place anyway. Probably something to do with who's the best pony on the Wonderbolts!!!!! But don't fret everypony!!!! Remember... they're all awesome!!!!!!! WONDERBOLTS FOREVER!!!!!!!! B)

Edited by Batbrony
  • Brohoof 1