Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

S09:E21 Daring Doubt (beware, spoilers inside)

Lord Valtasar

Daring Doubt  

75 users have voted

1. 1. Rank the episode

• Daring do Kicks puppies?! (i hated it)
    • she had her own ideas of where the treasures belonged (i didn't like it)
    • keep trying, i believe in you (it was alright)
    • have you ever thought of being an adventurer? (i liked it)
    • stories just seemed too good to keep to myself (i loved it)

image.png.ffc4b3e52e1fd4de3d3ffde378e26777.png
Title: Daring Doubt
Air Date: September 21, 2019
Written By: Nicole Dubuc
Synopsis: When another author releases his own version of the events in AK Yearling's Daring Do books, Rainbow Dash is furious, while Fluttershy is curious to know the truth.

• Brohoof 4

• The topic was featured

For now, I can say the idea of another pony writing Daring Do books was an idea I thought about writing myself a week before Season 4's Daring Don't where she was revealed to be real. Took them long enough to use the idea of a new author in the main show

6 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

For now, I can say the idea of another pony writing Daring Do books was an idea I thought about writing myself a week before Season 4's Daring Don't where she was revealed to be real. Took them long enough to use the idea of a new author in the main show

oh the idea was there, Quibble offered to do so in the end of stranger than fanfiction, but having an idea and pitching it to hasbro to make it an episode are two different things

2 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

oh the idea was there, Quibble offered to do so in the end of stranger than fanfiction, but having an idea and pitching it to hasbro to make it an episode are two different things

I never said I wanted to pitch it to Hasbro. I simply said I wanted to write something like that a long time ago but it didn't go anywhere. That last sentence in my post was joking sarcasm. 

This is one of those episodes where I am waiting on pins and needles for a certain users opinion. 

New_Avatar_1.thumb.png.84cb3de6703e71d07

@ShadOBabe stay out of this thread until you watch this episode. You will thank me later. 

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Jerica said:

This is one of those episodes where I am waiting on pins and needles for a certain users opinion. 

New_Avatar_1.thumb.png.84cb3de6703e71d07

@ShadOBabe stay out of this thread until you watch this episode. You will thank me later. 

Heeheehee! I said this in another thread, but I’m behind on the show by several seasons, but I don’t care. I can gonna watch this one asap. XD

Spoiler

Too late though! I couldn’t help myself and google image searched the episode! HE’S BACK, HE’S BACK!! *squees like a schoolgirl*

• Brohoof 3

23 hours ago, Lord Valtasar said:

When another author releases his own version of the events in AK Yearling's Daring Do books, Rainbow Dash is furious, while Fluttershy is curious to know the truth

Hmmm something I can relate to. Not saying authors who take upon the original ideas and make it their own are bad but.. yeah they’re tends to be bad. So I’m looking forward to this one. Since the last one with quibble pants was great and relatable.

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Bas said:

This episode was actually pretty great and better than the synopsis might get you to guess.

It was pretty detailed, acribic, lovely and well...better wait for it to air before saying anything else. :P

I believe this episode just went better and better the more it went on.

I had the same feeling when watching the episode. The only thing I felt this episode needed was a few more minutes to flesh out the story a little more. But the concept and idea behind it was interesting.

Edited by JH24
  • Brohoof 2

14 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

I just had someone write a new chapter for one of my stories. I didn't like it one little bit!

Wait what didn't you like? The episode this topic is about or your story chapter written by someone else?

3 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Wait what didn't you like? The episode this topic is about or your story chapter written by someone else?

I haven't watched the episode yet. I was livid when someone decided to continue MY story. I just thought my situation sort of applied to what the episode is about.

• Brohoof 1

After watching the episode,

I couldn't really tell who's more gullible: Fluttershy or Knuckles the Echidna. I mean, he was so gullible that he let Lord Boxman borrow the Master Emerald for his Robot Makey Machine that turned KO into Metal KO! But at least there's a side of Ahuizotl that makes him seem like a guardian figure like Knuckles when he guards the Master Emerald.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

3 hours ago, YoshiAngemon said:

After watching the episode,

Hide contents

I couldn't really tell who's more gullible: Fluttershy or Knuckles the Echidna. I mean, he was so gullible that he let Lord Boxman borrow the Master Emerald for his Robot Makey Machine that turned KO into Metal KO! But at least there's a side of Ahuizotl that makes him seem like a guardian figure like Knuckles when he guards the Master Emerald.

About Fluttershy:

I don't see 

Spoiler

Fluttershy as gullible here. More like her kindness rubbed off on "bad" people like Caballeron and his men who thought Fluttershy would only want to take advantage of them, since that's what they were trying to do to her. But no, Fluttershy just genuinely wanted to help, and her actions helped showed Caballeron not everyone is selfish and self-serving

• Brohoof 1

Here's an interesting observation: Out of the 5 episodes featuring Daring Do, (Read it and Weep, Daring Don't, Stranger Than Fan Fiction, Daring Done?, and this episode Daring Doubt), the ones with Daring's name in it has Daring herself realize something.

In Read It and Weep, Daring Do was still considered fictional and it was more about Rainbow Dash trying to hide the fact she likes reading. The lesson there was to try some new things.

In Daring Don't, when Daring Do is revealed to be a real pony, Rainbow wanted to help her idol. Daring was very reluctant, but in the end, realizes there are some things you just can't do alone, as she and Rainbow had to work together to prevent a curse.

In Stranger Than Fan Fiction, Daring herself really doesn't learn anything and only bail Rainbow Dash and Quibble Pants out. The lesson there was that Different people can like the same thing for different reasons and aspects of it, like Rainbow preferring the action in Daring Do while Quibble Pants prefers the puzzles, and that's fine.

In Daring Done, the trope called Hero Insurance, where heroes usually are excused from paying for the damages done to the city while fighting the bad guys, is deconstructed. Even without Caballeron trying to ruin Daring's reputation, the townspeople hated Daring for destroying a beloved statue while fighting off a threat. The hotel manager even banned Daring because she skipped out on her bill and Caballeron's men followed Daring and ended up wrecking the place. Once Daring realized the damages she caused, she decided to have some of her book royalties pay for the damages.

And finally, in this episode Daring Doubt,

Spoiler

Daring realizes Ahuizotl was only protecting the treasures she took. And Caballeron was truthful in how Daring's actions destroys ancient sites as she takes the treasures Essentially, she realized both her foes had a point.

• Brohoof 4

I'm normally not a fan of Daring Do episodes, but this one is alright so far. Yes, Fluttershy is a bit naive, but that's kinda part of her character at this point, wanting to see the good in everypony.

• Brohoof 1

This is no doubt one of the best adventure episodes of the whole season (if not the whole series!) Excellent acting by Zanni and Dobson, and great backstories of Caballeron and Ahuizotl. Fluttershy has shown that she has mastered her Element in this episode, and even Rainbow Dash was characterized really well! I cannot ask for a better way to end the Daring Do arc in this series! :mlp_yeehaa: 

9.5/10!

• Brohoof 3

It might be an unpopular opinion at this point, but I found myself enjoying this episode a lot more than I thought! ^^

Yes, Fluttershy is pretty aloof here, but it is in her nature to find the best in everypony. Even if it's an obvious villain that manipulated her to get what he wants. I don't really considered her to be that out of character here. She's just really loves nature and it fits well on why she's helping  Dr. Caballeron on his 'trip'.

And speaking of  Dr. Caballeron, I found his reformation to be pretty organic and thoughtful. It didn't felt rushed at all and I found his honest statement after he got the treasure of truth to be pretty thoughtful of him appreciating Fluttershy's friendship. Definitely one of the better reformations in the MLP series for me. And it's nice that Ahuizotl got some closure as well. 

This is a fitting end of the Daring Do saga. All's well that ends well! ^^

• Brohoof 5

The main problem with the episode is that the reformations are too far fetched, they had to pull on the strings they could and it still probably had some continuity errors. FS was a little too naive to my test. Also, fluttershy is now reading daring do books as well.

Still it was an entertaining episode, we learned more about some characters and the comedy was great, this moment was my favorite: https://derpibooru.org/2118899?q=daring+doubt 

It feels like they are trying to reform as many antagonists as possible. 7\10

Edited by Rushing cash