Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Pokémon

ShadOBabe

Sorry about the wait guys. Had no time during the work week. :D

On 9/22/2019 at 2:27 AM, Kronos the Revenant said:

Great Guardian of Nature, Zygarde:

Have any trainers or people that live around the land which you reside given you any nicknames? I’d personally call you Ziggy :3

Zygarde: Zyzyzy, zygarde gar zygar. Garde zy zygarde. De garde zy gar zygarde gard zygarde. Zy Zygarde, gard, De Gard.

RotomDex: Zygarde says, "Hehehe, I do like Ziggy. Thank you little human. Others tend to call me things with a bit more pomp. Like Earthshaker, or simply, The Guardian."

On 9/23/2019 at 10:46 PM, Will Guide said:

Jynx, Despite the controversy surrounding your face color, I think you're an interesting Pokemon. But what do you yourself think of the controversy?

Jynx: Jyyyyynx jynx jynx jy, j-jynx jy jynx jynx jyyyyynx jyynx. Jynx ynx jyyyyyyyynx j-j-ynx jyyyyynx jyn jyn jynx jynx. J-jynx! Jynx jynx jyyyynx YNX j-jynx!

RotomDex: Jynx said, "I understand why the outrage happened, but I do really think it was a complete accident. Two different cultures with two different histories clashing in a bad way. But it's okay! I like the purple WAY more anyway!"

On 9/24/2019 at 12:23 AM, Samurai Equine said:

Charmander, you are my Pokemon spirit animal...

Is it okay if I call you a dragon, even though you're not a dragon type?

Charmander: CARMANDER CHAR!! Char charmand chaaaa! Mander char chare chaaaa charmander, mander cha char charmander chaaar. Charmander mander chaaaaar char der Charmander Cha mander cha charmander chaaaar!

RotomDex: Charmander said, "OMIGOSH, TOTALLY! That would make me so happy! I always feel like I'm a dragon at heart, even if I haven't grown in my wings. At least with Charizardite X I finally get to show off my inner dragon!"

On 9/24/2019 at 12:35 AM, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Another question for Jynx: Ever crushed on a human?

Jynx: Jy.... jynx jyyyyynx j-jynx jyn jynx jyyynx ynx jyyyynx... Jynx jyyynx, j-jynx ynx jynx jynx jynx jyyyynx!

RotomDex: Jynx says, "I... may have had a TINY crush on a local trainer when I was a little Smoochum... Couldn't help it, they gave me so many treats!"

8 hours ago, Meemayfox said:

What's yer fave attack, Leafeon?

Leafeon: Leaf, leafeon le Leaf Leafeon! Eon le leaf leafeon ee eefeon LEAF leafon leon leaf lee leafeon!

RotomDex: "Oh, I really like Grass Whistle! Get to show off my musical talents AND knock out my opponent!"

8 minutes ago, Will Guide said:

Eevee, in your own words, why do you have so many evolution possibilities?

Eevee: Veevee, eevee ee ee! Eev eevee ee vee veev?

RotomDex: Eevee said, "Heehee, I don't know silly! Why do you not have any?"

• Brohoof 1

*Leaves a random assortment of Pokemon food made with love for RotomDex* I don't have a question. You've just been doing such a good job translating for every Pokemon, I thought you deserved it. All good deeds deserve some kind of acknowledgment. :mlp_proud:

2 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

*Leaves a random assortment of Pokemon food made with love for RotomDex* I don't have a question. You've just been doing such a good job translating for every Pokemon, I thought you deserved it. All good deeds deserve some kind of acknowledgment. :mlp_proud:

RotomDex: *bzzrt?!* Gaaaasp, f-for me? *bzt* Oh, thank you so much! *sniffs a little* You're so kind! :rarity: *nibbles happily*

• 2 weeks later...

...What? Is that it? :wau: Activity sure has slowed down here. And it seems like there would be tons of questions to ask!

Like, for the Eeveelutions (the ones that personally chose to evolve as a oppose to trainers deciding for them), how did you decide what form you wanted to be most of all?

Or, for Taillow, what kind of flying Pokemon do you like to hang out with?

Or Alakazam, as perhaps one of the oldest and wisest of psychics, how do you feel about Psychic Pokemon that cannot communicate with humans telepathically?

Or RotomDex, y u so awesome?

• 2 weeks later...
(edited)

I'll answer these one at a time so I don't have a HUGE post! XD

On 10/10/2019 at 9:11 PM, Samurai Equine said:

Like, for the Eeveelutions (the ones that personally chose to evolve as a oppose to trainers deciding for them), how did you decide what form you wanted to be most of all?

Jolteon: Jolteon jolt joool eon jol jolteon jolteon ee jol eon joooolt jolteeeon!

Vaporeon: Vaporeon eon ee poreon vapoor. Vaaay vaporeon eon eeon.

Flareon: Flareon fla Flareon! Flareon ee flare! Flareon flaaaare eeon eon flare.

Glaceon: Glace ee eon glaceon ace glaaay. Gla ee ceon Glaceon, glaceon glace eeeeon glaaacee ee glaceon.

Leafeon: Leafon leaf ee leeafee! Leafeon lee eon leafeon leafeon leaf ee eon.

RotomDex: *bzrt* Oh, here we go again! So many translations. Okay in order...

• I wanted to be a Jolteon because I wanted to look tough and run like the lightning!
  • I loved to swim, even when I wasn an Eevee. Seemed like the perfect choice.
  • My mama was a Flareon! She was so soft and fluffy! I wanted to be warm and snuggly too.
  • It was just a matter of convenience for me. Once I evolved into Glaceon, I was able to tolerate the cold in my home so much easier.
  • I love flowers and nature! I searched high an low for a Moss Rock so I could be a Leafeon.

RotomDex: Umbreon, Espeon, and Sylveon decided not to answer, as they all needed to have trainers to help them evolve, and didn't feel that was in the spirit of the question.

On 10/10/2019 at 9:23 PM, Latecomer said:

Hmm - to any Psychic type, what's t like trying to read a Dark-type's mind?

Abra: *shudders* Aaaabra abra ab... Abra aaaabra ab aaabra aab abra.

RotomDex: *bzrt* "It's like picking up a book... and having the book slap you in the brain." Goodness!

Edited by ShadOBabe

(edited)

For Taillow, what kind of flying Pokemon do you like to hang out with?

Taillow: Tail tailloooow taillow! Taillow loow tail tail taillow ail ailow!

RotomDex: "I like to hang out with Lotad! It let's me splash around in it's leaf bowl!"

On 10/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, IsraelYabuki said:

Mew, why are you so cute and powerful at the same time?

Mew: Mew mew, mew meeew... mewmew...

RotomDex: "Heehee, I guess it's just... genetic..."

Edited by ShadOBabe

(edited)

Alakazam, as perhaps one of the oldest and wisest of psychics, how do you feel about Psychic Pokemon that cannot communicate with humans telepathically?

Alakazam: *telepathically* You flatter me. I only feel like it must be horribly inconvenient to try and communicate with their trainers.

On 10/11/2019 at 4:58 PM, IsraelYabuki said:

Lucario, just so you know, I mostly put you on my team because your awesome looks and strong fighting style.

Lucario: Lucario lu luc lucario. <3

RotomDex: "I can live with that. <3"

RotomDex, y u so awesome?

RotomDex: *bzzrt!* Awww... *blushes behind it's Dex shell* I'm not THAT awesome. But thank you. <3

Edited by ShadOBabe

13 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Alakazam: *telepathically* You flatter me. I only feel like it must be horribly inconvenient to try and communicate with their trainers.

Ah~! A wise elder who sympathizes with less-capable psychics... You are so kindhearted! Is this the true experience that comes with age? :pinkie:

13 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

RotomDex: *bzzrt!* Awww... *blushes behind it's Dex shell* I'm not THAT awesome. But thank you. <3

Yes you are! Your modesty only PROVES it! *Holds up a RotomDex banner* Come on, everyone! Let's show some support! #RotomDexIsAwesome :mlp_yeehaa:

• 4 weeks later...
35 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Hey, Jynx...

can I kiss you? :adorkable:

Jynx: J-jynx? Jyyyynx... ynx! Jynx jynx jyyyynx!

RotomDex: *bzrt* “K-kiss? Well... okay! But it might knock you out!”

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1