Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Pokémon

ShadOBabe

Want to ask your favorite species of Pokémon a question? You can do it here!

Wether it’s a Pokémon center Chansey, a police Growlithe, or just a wild Zubat, you can ask any Pokémon, from any region, any question you’d like.

RotomDex will be helping me translate.

RotomDex: *bbzzt* Hi everybody!!

- Don't ask the same question over and over in different ways trying to get the answer you want

- If you don’t pick a specific Pokémon to ask, then you’ll probably get an answer from MY favorite Pokémon, Ninetales

(Disclaimer: This is meant for general species questions. If you want specific Pokémon characters from the anime, you might be out of luck. I haven’t seen much of it since Orange League.)

Edited by JingLBabe
  • Brohoof 3

On 9/17/2019 at 9:29 PM, Sparklefan1234 said:

*To any"

"Do you know any other words besides your names?" :mlp_icwudt:

Team Rocket Meowth: *shoves RotomDex aside* Move it Red, I’ve got this one. A’course Pokémon KNOW words othah than their names. If yer asking if they can SAY those words, that’s something else! It took months and months of practice for me ta learn how ta speak like a human, but I did it! *scoffs*

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

23 hours ago, Ittoni said:

how is it inside a pokeball?

Ninetales: Nine! Niiiiinetales ta tales, ninetales niiine. Tales nii ninetales nine ta tales nine. Ninetales, nine niiii tales tales.

RotomDex: *bzzt* Ninetales says, “Not bad! I just have your standard Great Ball, and I think it’s cozy. You feel weightless, like there’s none of the world’s pressures on you. Apparently, Luxury Balls are even more comfortable.”

Edited by ShadOBabe

22 hours ago, SharpWit said:

Does Turtwig prefer long walks on the beach or rolling in a meadow?

Turtwig: Turtwig tur turtwig! Turtwig twig tuuur turtwig...

RotomDex: *brzt* Turtwig says, “Long walks on the beach, definitely! The last time I tried rolling at all I got stuck on my back...”

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Ninetales: Nine! Niiiiinetales ta tales, ninetales niiine. Tales nii ninetales nine ta tales nine. Ninetales, nine niiii tales tales.

RotomDex: *bzzt* Ninetales says, “Not bad! I just have your standard Great Ball, and I think it’s cozy. You feel weightless, like there’s none of the world’s pressures on you. Apparently, Luxury Balls are even more comfortable.”

Well, that's a relief. Most mean people I met claim that Pokemon are like Prisoners cramped in tight Pokeballs. What utter nonsense!

I always saw them more like on the inside, a simulation of a Pokemon's resting environment is made so the Pokemon can feel at home when not in battle. Still, staying in your Pokeball all day is like staying in bed all day: not healthy without coming out to get fresh air, love, care food and exercise. Am I right? Besides, how else would a trainer be able to carry a Pokemon as big as a Wailord if Pokeballs couldn't do that, right?

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Am I right?

Is that a question, or just rhetorical? :)

22 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

For Caterpie: "How do you feel about Misty?" 

Caterpie: Ca caaaater caterpie pii caterpie, cater caterpiiiie ca...

RotomDex: Caterpie says, “Misty is a very pretty human and seems like a good friend, I just wish she wasn’t so scared of me...

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Pikachu: "A trainer named Gary Oak told me this kid named Dash Ketchup was the worst Pokemon trainer ever, is this true or false?"

Pikachu: *smacks his forehead with a little paw* Pikaaaaaa... Pi pikachu... Pika pi pikachu pika pika chu pi. Pikachu Pipipi! Chu pika pi chu pi pikachu pika, pi pikachu pikapi kaaa!

RotomDex: Pikachu said, “Uuuugh... with this again... I’ve never figured out why that kid hates my trainer so much. I love Ash! He loves to win, but he loves us more, and that’s why he’s a great trainer!

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, The Recherche said:

A query for Cacturne, a new addition to my favorites list...

What do you intend to do with the desert wanderers you stalk? :pout:

Cacturne: Cacturne turne... caaaactuuurne cactuurne, cact... cact cactuuurne cacturne...

RotomDex: *bzt* Oh, goodness... uh... Cacturne said, “It depends on the Cacturne... but for me personally, well... no one was there to greet me when I became one with the desert...”

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Cacturne: Cacturne turne... caaaactuuurne cactuurne, cact... cact cactuuurne cacturne...

RotomDex: *bzt* Oh, goodness... uh... Cacturne said, “It depends on the Cacturne... but for me personally, well... no one was there to greet me when I became one with the desert...

Have you tried speaking to the local Maractus? I hear they are quite cute and friendly.

Not to mention, you needn't worry about your hugs harming them. :D

21 hours ago, Meemayfox said:

Eeveelutions...why so cute? :arethosehands:

Eevee: Vee eevee ee!

Jolteon: Jooool jolteon!

Vaporeon: Vaporee.

Flareon: Flaaaaareon!

Umbreon: Um umbree...

Espeon: Espeeeon espee-

Glaceon: - Glaceon glace!

Leafeon: Leeeafeeon leaf.

Sylveon: Syl... syl sylveon!

RotomDex: Oh wow. *bzrt* That’s a LOT... Okay from top to bottom, they said:

• ”We take care of ourselves!”
  • ”Get lots of exercise!”
  • ”Stay hydrated.”
  • ”Be confident!”
  • ”Get plenty of sleep...”
  • ”Soak up the sun-
  • ”- but not too much!”
  • ”And eat your greens.”
  • “But sometimes... it’s just natural! Hehe!
Edited by ShadOBabe

21 hours ago, The Recherche said:

Have you tried speaking to the local Maractus? I hear they are quite cute and friendly.

Not to mention, you needn't worry about your hugs harming them. :D

Cacturne: *blushes* C-cacturne... caaact cacturne...

RotomDex: Heehee! *bzzt* Cacturne said, “They’re just so beautiful and I’m shy.”

Cacturne: CAAACT?! Cacturne! CactTURNE! *menaces RotomDex with needles*

RotomDex: *bzt* Okay, okay! Just a joke! What Cacturne actually said was, “I-I would love to... But I don’t know how to approach them uninvited...”

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Is that a question, or just rhetorical? :)

Caterpie: Ca caaaater caterpie pii caterpie, cater caterpiiiie ca...

RotomDex: Caterpie says, “Misty is a very pretty human and seems like a good friend, I just wish she wasn’t so scared of me...

I was kinda asking if my scenario about the inside of a Pokeball is close to the truth?

To Caterpie and Pikachu: I once saw this video that attempted to translate what you two said under the moon the night Ash caught you, including your sadness at Misty not accepting you, Caterpie. How close was it to your actual thoughts?

Edited by Will Guide
Adding Video

20 hours ago, Will Guide said:

I was kinda asking if my scenario about the inside of a Pokeball is close to the truth?

To Caterpie and Pikachu: I once saw this video that attempted to translate what you two said under the moon the night Ash caught you, including your sadness at Misty not accepting you, Caterpie. How close was it to your actual thoughts?

Ah I see. Sure why not?

Pikachu: Pika, pi pikachu, piiika...

Caterpie: Pie cater caterpie rrr. Caterpie rr cater pie caterpie. Cat caterpie catrr.

RotomDex: Pikachu said, “Well, we did talk about evolution, buuut...” and Caterpie said, “But I didn’t ask what the moon was. I’d lived in the woods my whole life. I’d seen the moon before.”

Edited by ShadOBabe

16 hours ago, Cash In said:

What kind of restaurants does Ampharos like the most?

Ampharos: Am! Ampharo! Amph ampharos ros. Am amph ros ampharos, amphar aaaaaaam ampharos!

RotomDex: Ampharos says, “Oh! Seafood! Or at least that’s what they specialize in. I just get the salads, but my trainer loooooves the fish!”

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

16 hours ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

To Jynx: do male Pokemon ever take notice of you? :laugh:

Jynx: Jyyynx~ Jynx jynx jyyyyyyynx j-jynx jynx jynx!! >w<

RotomDex: *bzzt* Jynx said, “Sometimes~ I saw a really cute Hitmonlee the other day and he winked at me!!”

Edited by ShadOBabe