Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask a Pokémon

ShadOBabe

7 minutes ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

To Snorlax: How many calories do you need to function?

Snorlax: Snorlax? Snoooorlaaaaax...

RotomDex: Snorlax said, “Calories? I just eat till I’m full...” But I can help answer your question! The average Snorlax needs about 12,800 calories a day to maintain their weight!

• Brohoof 1

@ShadOBabe

Well now, I feel this is almost a challenge to my own knowledge of the pokemon world! Considering I darn well surmise I know most pokemon type dialects! But nevertheless, I shalt play thy game, Dear Rottom Dex!

To the original Mewtwo born from the lab, I ask: Are you aware that, despite your unique origin, that dealing with such past traumas has brought you closer in mindset to the humans you once scorned? At least, the more empathic ones rather than that Giovanni fellow you're acquainted with. Do you feel a certain kinship with humans as well? And have you sought out any psychological knowledge to address your qualms apart from the seclusionary tactics you've taken so far?

To the inarguably female mewtwo of smaller status seen earlier than the previous Mewtwo: How many clones of the original Mewtwo are you aware of being made? How did you obtain mega evolution without the trainer's stone/bracelet? 

And to, specifically, my mewtwo who refuses to answer to anything but "The Master": Why do you have to be such an eliteist about helping me in battle or being a regular pokemon? I gave you pokepuffs for a treat and you're still just as cold to me. What must I do to get you to be more friendly and less all formal and stiff?!

And, to RotomDex itself, a few questions as well!

Do you find it a bit restrictive to have to stay inside one machine and follow ten year olds around all the time instead of hopping between machines and feeding on free electricity like wild Rotoms do?

Do you have to avoid magnet pokemon like Magnezone or Porygon-Z, which is basically a living computer viris? Are they, like, your natural, virtual predators?

And, more importantly... Who gave you the speaker function? I'd like to... send them a strongly worded letter.

17 hours ago, Widdershins said:

@ShadOBabe

Well now, I feel this is almost a challenge to my own knowledge of the pokemon world! Considering I darn well surmise I know most pokemon type dialects! But nevertheless, I shalt play thy game, Dear Rottom Dex!

To the original Mewtwo born from the lab, I ask: Are you aware that, despite your unique origin, that dealing with such past traumas has brought you closer in mindset to the humans you once scorned? At least, the more empathic ones rather than that Giovanni fellow you're acquainted with. Do you feel a certain kinship with humans as well? And have you sought out any psychological knowledge to address your qualms apart from the seclusionary tactics you've taken so far?

To the inarguably female mewtwo of smaller status seen earlier than the previous Mewtwo: How many clones of the original Mewtwo are you aware of being made? How did you obtain mega evolution without the trainer's stone/bracelet? 

And to, specifically, my mewtwo who refuses to answer to anything but "The Master": Why do you have to be such an eliteist about helping me in battle or being a regular pokemon? I gave you pokepuffs for a treat and you're still just as cold to me. What must I do to get you to be more friendly and less all formal and stiff?!

And, to RotomDex itself, a few questions as well!

Do you find it a bit restrictive to have to stay inside one machine and follow ten year olds around all the time instead of hopping between machines and feeding on free electricity like wild Rotoms do?

Do you have to avoid magnet pokemon like Magnezone or Porygon-Z, which is basically a living computer viris? Are they, like, your natural, virtual predators?

And, more importantly... Who gave you the speaker function? I'd like to... send them a strongly worded letter.

((Make sure to read the disclaimer hon. I only know the early seasons of Pokémon and like the first 4 movies. This is more for asking questions of general Pokémon, rather than specific characters from the show.

As such I can’t answer your question about the female Mewtwo because I never saw that movie. I also never saw the second film that featured OG Mewtwo. Also please try to not spam all your questions at once. Might sound silly, but it’s harder to make focused answers when scanning though a lot of text.))

OG Mewtwo: *telepathically* Are you asking if my past experiences have made me more empathetic? I suppose that’s one way to look at it. I don’t feel a particular kinship with humans as a whole. However, I do think more highly of kind individuals such as Ash Ketchum, and I know, statistically, there are more people like him. I don’t quite understand your final question though. “Psychological knowledge to address my qualms”? Are you asking if I’ve tried to learn more about humans and how they think, this making them easier to deal with?

The Master: *telepathically* ... More hand massages...

RotomDex: *bzzt* Questions for me? Okay! No, being a Pokédex doesn’t bother me. I enjoy the company of the trainers and their Pokémon. And I can leave the Dex at any time, so I usually go for a stretch when the Trainers are sleeping.

No, I don’t have to worry about them. I have to be able to meet and record information about ALL Pokémon, so the Dex I live in is built to withstand any shenanigans. 

And while other professors gave advice on its construction, Professor Kukui led the RotomDex project, so all design features were implemented and finalized by him!

Edited by ShadOBabe

8 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Cacturne: *blushes* C-cacturne... caaact cacturne...

RotomDex: Heehee! *bzzt* Cacturne said, “They’re just so beautiful and I’m shy.”

Cacturne: CAAACT?! Cacturne! CactTURNE! *menaces RotomDex with needles*

RotomDex: *bzt* Okay, okay! Just a joke! What Cacturne actually said was, “I-I would love to... But I don’t know how to approach them uninvited...”

Why not bring them a cup of water? For a cactus, it is a simple but nevertheless kind gesture. :mlp_grin:

Besides, you two would look quite adorable together! Raritysmileyblush.png

72514a319f22e2b9ff6d92d0170d126c11ce4706

12 hours ago, Will Guide said:

Hello Ditto. Might I ask how you manage to transform into other Pokemon and maybe even inanimate objects? 

I also find your natural gooey form so cuddly! :wub:

Ditto: Di ditto! Dittooooo... Ditto ditto di ditto? Dit di ditto to ditto, ditto ditto to! Ditto di ditto ditto, to dit ditto to!

RotomDex: Ditto says, “Aww thank you! Hmmmm... how do I manage? It’s a bit hard to explain, it just comes naturally! Hey just imagine what I want to look like, and it happens!

Edited by ShadOBabe

12 hours ago, The Recherche said:

Why not bring them a cup of water? For a cactus, it is a simple but nevertheless kind gesture. :mlp_grin:

Besides, you two would look quite adorable together! Raritysmileyblush.png

Cacturne: Caaacturne? Cact... cactur cactuuurne ca cacturne? Caaaaa...

RotomDex: Canturne asked, "You think that'll work? But... where would I get water in a desert? Hmmm..."

11 hours ago, Cash In said:

What are Venusaur's opinions on Charizard?

Venasaur: Veeeenusaur. Veenu venusaur saaaaur, venusaaaauuur...

RotomDex: Venusaur says, "Charizard is alright. They can be a brash blowhard, but they got your back..."

11 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Eevee: "Are you a dog?"

Eevee: Vee ee eevee!

RotomDex: Eevee said, "I am an Eevee!" but I can answer your question! Yes, Eevee are in the same category as other canidae pokemon, specifically the Vulpini tribe of canids, which also include the Vulpix, Zorua, and Fennekin evolutionary lines.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 3

32 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Ditto: Di ditto! Dittooooo... Ditto ditto di ditto? Dit di ditto to ditto, ditto ditto to! Ditto di ditto ditto, to dit ditto to!

RotomDex: Ditto says, “Aww thank you! Hmmmm... how do I manage? It’s a bit hard to explain, it just comes naturally! Hey just imagine what I want to look like, and it happens!

Would it be alright if I hug you, Ditto?

1 hour ago, ShadOBabe said:

Cacturne: Caaacturne? Cact... cactur cactuuurne ca cacturne? Caaaaa...

RotomDex: Canturne asked, "You think that'll work? But... where would I get water in a desert? Hmmm..."

But of course! :D

Hm... interesting question. :pout: In that case...

"Cacturne, use Nasty Plot!"

51 minutes ago, The Recherche said:

But of course! :D

Hm... interesting question. :pout: In that case...

"Cacturne, use Nasty Plot!"

Cacturne: Cactactact!! Caaa, cactuuuurne...

RotomDex: Cacturne said, “Hahaha!! Hmmm, let me see...”

Cacturne: *shuffles up a sand dune and looks over the edge* *sees palm trees in the distance* Cacturne!! *shuffles towards it*

RotomDex: Cacturne says he sees a on oasis! Come on!!

• Brohoof 1

Ah, finally, a chance to answer a question I've always wondered...

In the games, it's possible for trainers to capture and keep legendary Pokemon. However, the impression I get from the anime is that doing that would either be impossible, or it would put the world and all of reality in danger.

My question to the legendary Pokemon, whichever ones would care to answer, is... How do YOU feel about serving a Pokemon Trainer?

(I know it's unorthodox, but in Pokemon Ruby, Groudon was always my Pokemon partner of choice. Whenever I'd release him for a battle, I'd always say something silly like "Groudon, burn 'em to the ground!" or "Let's tear 'em apart, Groudon!" :yay: )

On 9/18/2019 at 1:18 AM, ShadOBabe said:

Pikachu: *smacks his forehead with a little paw* Pikaaaaaa... Pi pikachu... Pika pi pikachu pika pika chu pi. Pikachu Pipipi! Chu pika pi chu pi pikachu pika, pi pikachu pikapi kaaa!

RotomDex: Pikachu said, “Uuuugh... with this again... I’ve never figured out why that kid hates my trainer so much. I love Ash! He loves to win, but he loves us more, and that’s why he’s a great trainer!

Don't worry about it Pikachu.

I know Ash didn't have the best start of being a trainer, but, he's improved himself. Maybe not right away, but, no trainer is perfect.

On 9/19/2019 at 12:48 AM, Samurai Equine said:

Ah, finally, a chance to answer a question I've always wondered...

In the games, it's possible for trainers to capture and keep legendary Pokemon. However, the impression I get from the anime is that doing that would either be impossible, or it would put the world and all of reality in danger.

My question to the legendary Pokemon, whichever ones would care to answer, is... How do YOU feel about serving a Pokemon Trainer?

(I know it's unorthodox, but in Pokemon Ruby, Groudon was always my Pokemon partner of choice. Whenever I'd release him for a battle, I'd always say something silly like "Groudon, burn 'em to the ground!" or "Let's tear 'em apart, Groudon!" :yay: )

Lugia: *telepathically* Well "Legendary" is a term only used by humans, but that is neither here nor there. While teaming up with humans for a common goal isn't unheard of, I have certainly never seen a fellow Lugia become a constant partner for a human being. But for me personally... I don't suppose it would bother me unduly. If a human managed to catch me, they must be truly something special. But unlike these games i have heard about, Pokemon don't have to stay with a trainer. Real life doesn't work like that. Any Pokemon can ignore and abandon a trainer they do not respect, and a "Legendary" is no different.

On 9/20/2019 at 10:20 AM, Brainstorm said:

Don't worry about it Pikachu.

I know Ash didn't have the best start of being a trainer, but, he's improved himself. Maybe not right away, but, no trainer is perfect.

Pikachu: Pika pikachu chaaaa! *snuggles*

RotomDex: Pikachu said, "Thank you for the kind words!"

On 9/20/2019 at 7:35 PM, Meemayfox said:

This is for Sirfetch'd: how did ya make that leek sword, bro?

Sirfetch'd: Sirfetch'd? *points to the bottom of thier sword* Sir sirfetch'd sir fetch fetch'd. Fetch, sirfetch'd sir, fetch'd sirfetch sir. Sirfetch'd sir fetch sir sir sirfetch'd.

RotomDex: Sirfetch'd said, "See this? This is my sword's roots. Every night, when I go to sleep, I replant it in the ground. It's been growing with me my whole life."

On 9/21/2019 at 12:05 AM, Sparklefan1234 said:

Rapidash: "Are you in danger if you are around water like Charmander is?"

Ponyta: Pooonyyy!! *nickers* Pony ponyta ponee-ee-ee!!

RotomDex: Ponyta says, "Oh goodnes yes!! Just look what happened in one of the comics!!"

Spoiler

Ponyta_Flame.thumb.png.02a3d6c29f9d9c656b36fb49eb1f647e.png

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Pikachu: Pika pikachu chaaaa! *snuggles*

RotomDex: Pikachu said, "Thank you for the kind words!"

You're welcome.

Ash's Lycanroc, Pikachu, and Torrcat,

What's it like doing Z-Moves?

Just now, Brainstorm said:

You're welcome.

Ash's Lycanroc, Pikachu, and Torrcat,

What's it like doing Z-Moves?

(Make sure you read the declaimer on the the OP, hon. I've only watched like the anime up until the Orange League and the very beginning of the Sun and Moon anime. This is a thread more for general species questions, not specific characters. But since I have seen Pikachu do a Z-Move, I'll answer for him.)

Pikachu: Pika pika pii! Pikachu chaa pika pika pi chu! Piiiikaaachuu!

RotomDex: "It feels amazing! Like all the life and power in the world pours into me! I feel like I can do anything!"

20 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Why does Ninetales have nine tails?"

Ninetales: Tales ninetales. Nine nii ninetales nine?

RotomDex: Heehee! Ninetales said, "I don't know human. Why are you mostly bald?"

• Brohoof 1

8 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

(Make sure you read the declaimer on the the OP, hon. I've only watched like the anime up until the Orange League and the very beginning of the Sun and Moon anime. This is a thread more for general species questions, not specific characters. But since I have seen Pikachu do a Z-Move, I'll answer for him.)

Pikachu: Pika pika pii! Pikachu chaa pika pika pi chu! Piiiikaaachuu!

RotomDex: "It feels amazing! Like all the life and power in the world pours into me! I feel like I can do anything!"

(Sorry)

Cool.

• Brohoof 1