Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Are there celebrities that you think are good people?

AveryGamerDude

I noticed that a lot of people here don't really like Tara Strong as a person. (Which I don't have a problem with, mind you. We all have our opinions. :)) But that got me thinking... are there any celebrities that the users here think are good as people as well? As for me, I think Mark Edward Fischbach is an AMAZING person. He just seems like such a nice guy and he actually takes serious issues... well... SERIOUSLY, instead of just outright MOCKING them and making fun of them. (Though I'm not sure if he really counts, considering he's a YouTuber.) I also actually kinda like Tara Strong, even though she is kind of an SJW. (Also, how does she manage to hide her age so well? She's 46 and I swear, she sometimes looks 26 or 27!) How about you? What are some celebrities who you like as people?

• Brohoof 1

13 minutes ago, Lucky Bolt said:

Yeah, there’s plenty of celebrities I think are good people. But I tend to see the good in everyone, so I wouldn’t be the person to ask. :adorkable:

Same. I generally try to keep an open mind cause I'm kind-hearted and like seeing the good in others.

• Brohoof 1

I usually do not care what the celebrities do when not working. Let's say I like a singer and enjoy listening to him. It really does not matter to me what he does when not performing, he can be strangling kittens for all I care. They may marry and divorce twice every year and I still won't care. I will only care about such things like "When is the new CD coming out? Will there be a concert near me?"

The opposite of that is also true - if someone is a great person, but I do not like their singing (could even be a talented person, but I may not like the genre), then I will not be listening to them.

As for Tara Strong - I sometimes visit her Twitter page and from that I know that we have quite different political views on some subjects. However, this does not make me enjoy her performances less (or more). If she ever decided to run for office in my area though, I definitely would not vote for her.

I care about the celebrity only as much as it affects me. For a singer it's his singing, for a businessman it would be his business practices, for a politician it would be his political views and likelihood of corruption.

When a celebrity campaigns for some politician I usually ignore that. My situation is probably very different from the situation of the celebrity and even if the celebrity honestly liked that politician and his views, I may not like him because I am not a celebrity.

• Brohoof 1

32 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

He was no longer my role model after that.

Is it weird that I do not follow celebrities as role models?

If somebody can sing really well (or at least well enough for me to like him), it still does not mean that they do other things correctly. If I wanted to be a singer I could follow them ("Oh, I want to sing just like xyz").

Similarly, if I found out that my favorite singer was doing drugs, it would not matter to me, since I would still enjoy his songs (maybe the drugs actually help him sing?). I wouldn't start doing drugs either.

I can only imagine following a celebrity as a role model if I want to be just like that celebrity, including his career. Otherwise there will be massive differences between me and him, so there is no point in following him when he is not performing.

• Brohoof 2

1 hour ago, Pentium100 said:

It’s not weird at all. All humans are inherently flawed beings, and it’s not smart to put them up on a pedestal. Admire them or admire their accomplishments, but never lose sight of the fact that they are just people.

• Brohoof 1

35 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Admire them or admire their accomplishments, but never lose sight of the fact that they are just people.

Yea. I would ask Tara Strong how to become a great voice actor (if I was interested), but her opinion on who to vote for does not matter to me any more than that of any other random person.

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

If somebody can sing really well (or at least well enough for me to like him), it still does not mean that they do other things correctly. If I wanted to be a singer I could follow them ("Oh, I want to sing just like xyz").

Similarly, if I found out that my favorite singer was doing drugs, it would not matter to me, since I would still enjoy his songs (maybe the drugs actually help him sing?). I wouldn't start doing drugs either.

I can only imagine following a celebrity as a role model if I want to be just like that celebrity, including his career. Otherwise there will be massive differences between me and him, so there is no point in following him when he is not performing.

I was a child at the time so that’s probably where the role model thing came from. It’s not like I tried to sing like him but I thought he was cool.

• Brohoof 1

Sure. I mean I’m not a good person so who am I to judge? The only thing that ticks me off is when they do good deeds out of gaining more publicity and popularity. Go to hell. 

Just now, TBD said:

Sure. I mean I’m not a good person so who am I to judge? The only thing that ticks me off is when they do good deeds out of gaining more publicity and popularity. Go to hell. 

Well doing good deeds for the wrong reasons is still better then just not doing anything at all, don’t you think?

Like I’m sure someone who gets help from a charity doesn’t care whether or not you had ulterior motives. Your actions still benefited them.

8 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Well doing good deeds for the wrong reasons is still better then just not doing anything at all, don’t you think?

Like I’m sure someone who gets help from a charity doesn’t care whether or not you had ulterior motives. Your actions still benefited them.

While taking that into consideration, It's still ticks me off. I don't tolerate fakers.

• Brohoof 1

Keanu Reeves is someone who nobody has anything bad to say about. As someone in a recent video said, he’s breathtaking, and he thinks we’re all breathtaking

I have to say Stephen Fry is a great person, and his views on the world are not all too far from mine. I've heard nothing but good from his mouth or from anyone else for that matter and I've yet to see him do anything that's remotely close to bad.

Being a celebrity doesn't make you a bad person automatically :P And there are also different ways of being a good person, whether by being kind, generous or just nice towards others.

John Cena (over 500 Make-A-Wish wishes he's fulfilled), Keanu Reeves, Bill Gates (Gates Foundation) are three I can think of. Even if they somehow aren't as nice as they seem to be, they're still doing a lot of good deeds.

Edited by Kamii

Jameela Jamil is a wonderful person. She started a campaign called "I Weigh"  to promote positivity for woman's bodies. So many ladies out there are influenced by social media how they need to appear, (I'm looking at you, Fit Tea) and it ends up harming them in the end. So it is wonderful to see someone promote something like this. 

https://www.iweighcommunity.com/

Edited by Emerald<3

Well everyone screws up from time to time, but we hear about it more often with celebrities since everything they do is watched by the public.

Of course there are plenty of celebrities who are generally good people like everyone else.

Edited by SparklingCaps

I love celebs and following them, so it’s safe to say they’re just people and they may be good or may be... well... not the best.

There are some celebs I follow who really are amazing people, they donate to good causes, are philanthropists, and make use of their fame to bring awareness to environmental issues, animals rights, etc.

A lot of this drama you hear is set up, just to gain attention from us. So it’s hard to say if all this drama is totally legit. I’d just focus on the stuff they do secretly, like giving money to good causes and helping others.

It is not something I think about nor is it something I care about. There's good and bad people all over the world, far more bad than good I might add, but to society celebrities are viewed on a different level. Celebrity worship culture 101. Us ants hopelessly clinging to celebrity lives, hoping to find something to live for. Celebrities being "good people" shouldn't be any different than anyone else being the same, but our culture is fucked.

• Brohoof 1