Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

health Showering Weekly?

HeavenSunset

Is showering weekly bad or good?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Gross or Not?

• Ew
    • Okay

I suppose it would depend on the human. It certainly would be gross for me. My skin produces WAAAAY too much oil to let it go for more than a couple days, if that.

Not to mention all the dead skin cells humans lose. In 24 hours you lose over a million. Now times that by seven? Yeah you got millions of dead pieces of yourself flaking off or building up. And then there's all the dust, pollen and germs in the air landing on you. And of course BO.

So while it's not like it'll kill you, you'll be pretty unpleasant to be around.

• Brohoof 6

It really depends on the person. Some people can go a week without showering and their hair won’t get the slightest unkempt while others have hair that goes unguent after a day or two of taking a shower. My mom only showers once weekly and it really isn’t a big deal to my dad and I. Then again she has short hair so it’s easy for her to keep it neat. She also keeps up with using deodorant and washing her face.

• Brohoof 1

I personally get paranoid of BO if it has been over a day without showering. My skin gets oily before too long, and I'm pretty sure I sweat more than the average person. But that's just me, maybe there are people who can pull off not showering for a whole week. No one's body is exactly the same.

• Brohoof 2

My record is probably 2 or 3 months? But that was when I was a kid. I average every 2 to 3 days now, daily if I'm not busy at all just because it feels nice to be clean, but if I've been super busy and have to choose between showering and sacrificing sleep then I just crawl into bed. That doesn't usually go on for longer than a week.

If it's not hot, you're staying indoors, not doing much, changing clothes, still putting on deodorant and other general care, then I think you're ok. Best to do it more often, but you should be alright until you start feeling the grime, in the form of grease or dry skin.

• Brohoof 3

I have lived with someone who rarely showered and it was BAD! Then there's my current live in partner, he showers not as often, but he can still be pretty bad sometimes, luckily, if I ask him to, he will have a shower. As for me, I try to shower daily.

• Brohoof 3

The only times I've never showered daily were during fielding events. It's surprising how gross a human body gets after a week without proper cleanliness. Like, it's not completely unbearable, but it's reaching the limit. I'd say weekly showers at the very least if you can, obviously if you're in a field environment you can't, but you should at least try to do something to clean your body.

Not only is it unhealthy, but it's very annoying to the people around you if you don't take care of yourself.

• Brohoof 3

Honestly, it really depends on the person and the circumstance. I personally sometimes not shower for two or even three weeks and actually be perfectly clean when I'm not really exerting myself and I'm not in warm/humid conditions. Sure I have to clean specific areas like my hair and my crotch or else they get nasty, but most of the rest of me is actually fine. Though there are people I know that really need to do it every single day... I really should be doing it once every couple of days or so now, but my dad's so disorganized and everything that it's influenced my hygiene in a very negative way...

That isn't to say I  find male BO attractive to some extent :sealed: 

• Brohoof 3

I begin feeling gross after a day of not showering. I can't imagine going a whole week! How is that even possible to tolerate unless you don't have a choice?

• Brohoof 6

I shower every morning, can't imagine going a few days without showering, let alone a whole week. I can understand people maybe showering once every couple of days, but going for WEEKS without showering? Nah, that shit's just nasty in any circumstance. 

• Brohoof 5

I think it's kind of gross. Depending on how active a person is, I think everyone should shower at least once every two to three days depending on activity level and temperature, unless they're just staying at home. In that case it doesn't really matter. I usually shower 6 out of 7 days a week, but I'll do more or less depending on how many days I work that week. Most people don't want to smell your body odor. Please keep up with hygiene if you're going out in public.

And, of course, shower at least once a day and use plenty of deodorant at conventions. Especially if you're cosplaying in a heavy or insulative costume. In that case, shower at least twice a day.

Edited by Booker
  • Brohoof 1

One's bathing schedule does tend to vary quite a lot depending on the individual and their lifestyle. That said, I don't believe there is ever much reason to go any longer than 2 days without bathing (or every other day). Some people simply don't get dirty very much, thus don't need a very strict bathing schedule, while others may need it daily, due to climate or career. That said, it is worth mentioning that it is possible to over-bathe, especially if very hot water is used. Our naturally occurring oils are good for our skin and hair, so you don't want to scrub them all off. That said, you don't want them to linger for too long and accumulate bacteria and other unpleasant things either.

Personally, my bathing schedule is that I bathe every other day with tepid water; I don't exert myself very much, nor do I live in an extremely hot climate, so I can afford to skip one day, as long as I apply deodorant and such. I also use cool to tepid water to be sure my skin and hair aren't damaged, as hot water can burn off natural oils and dilate your hair follicles.

• Brohoof 3

It depends on the person and how much they keep up with personal hygiene in between bathing. I only shower 2 - 3 times a week, and that's also when I wash my hair. But in between that I attend to common personal hygiene every day and multiple times a day even. I wash my face every morning, brush my teeth twice a day, shave particular areas every other day, and because I sweat so damn much I've had to put on deodorant multiple times a day until I started using the expensive antiperspirant stuff. 

So yeah.     

• Brohoof 3

Just imagine living in the southeast and only showering once a week. Gross!  :crackle:

I prefer showering daily. I sweat like crazy during the summer months, so skipping a day is out of the question. 

• Brohoof 1

I couldn't go that long, I would agree that this would really have to depend on the person for this. At the most I can do about 4 days if I'm staying home and doing absolutely nothing. But if I'm working or going out its every other day as my hair starts to look yucky after the second day.

If you're alone and away from other folks along with other variables go for it, but if not wash up.

I used to have to shower every day or I would probably have some BO. After estradiol, though, I can get away with not showering daily. Sometimes I go two or three days during the winter, and even a day or two in the summer. I sweat a ton less. Kinda nice.

Just be cognizant and don't be gross, really.

It doesn’t sound like a good idea to shower only once a week. Not only is it stinky but it’s not very healthy either. The body needs to be cleansed of bacteria and excess oils where it can flourish. And often times, even when we can’t smell our own odor it can be painfully obvious to others. So please, out of consideration for the rest of humanity, don’t forsake one of the things that makes us civilized and set apart from the animal world. Bathe regularly! I bathe twice a day on work days and once a day otherwise, and sometimes I still don’t feel it’s enough.  

• Brohoof 1