Muffinnz

Technical Issues Why is everything start to crash when I open the website?

(edited)

Sometimes when I open the forums website my whole computer starts to crash? Especially at night time. Is this normal? Am I the only one?

Edited by Muffinnz

Badges

Certainly not normal, and likely unrelated to MLPF.

In which way does it crash? Power out?

Bluescreen?

Or freezing?

Fairly sure it's a problem on your end and not the sites fault.

1 hour ago, Bas said:

In which way does it crash?

mouse slows down a lot or stops moving entirely, fails to close window, cant scroll or click on anything. even if i get to close the window the desktop freezes. this has only happened when opening mlpf

Badges

Here's a dumb question. How many windows are you opening? My tablet doesn't like when I open too many windows. (It runs Windows Ten) It surpasses the memory and things go south on me.

(edited)

Sounds like it more of a problem with the computer, But this ONLY happens when you open the forums?

Edited by HeavenSunset

Badges

(edited)
3 hours ago, Muffinnz said:

mouse slows down a lot or stops moving entirely, fails to close window, cant scroll or click on anything. even if i get to close the window the desktop freezes. this has only happened when opening mlpf

Before you open the forums the next time, open the Windows Task Manager. Is CPU, memory or data storage high? For data storage, better check on performance tab on each HDD because they are condensed otherwise (if you have 4 HDDs, and one is at it's maximum, it will still only show 25% there).

How does this change when you open the forums? Better put the taskmanager in the foreground right after you start your visit.

The Resource Monitor might give even more insight.

Feel free to attach screenshots of these values if you are able to.

Edited by Bas

2 hours ago, cuteycindyhoney said:

Here's a dumb question. How many windows are you opening?

I usually have about 3-5 windows with multiple tabs open in each

2 hours ago, HeavenSunset said:

Sounds like it more of a problem with the computer, But this ONLY happens when you open the forums?

It was but now im starting to see it on other sites now too since my last comment

Badges

See my previous comment. This will help to diagnose the issue, and whether it is hardware related.

I will go to sleep now, but if you are willing to I can take a live look with control by www.anydesk.com after I am in the next day, hit me up on discord for that.

Also, try to use tabs instead of windows because to my knowledge each window might be instanced as a separate process and might take more resources than if you collect them all as tabs within the same window.

(edited)
On 9/23/2019 at 1:33 AM, Muffinnz said:

It was but now im starting to see it on other sites now too since my last comment

Sounds a lot like a problem on your behalf, I don't think the forums has the "abilty" to completely crash your computer

If you have downloaded many Antiviruses or other programs one could be corrupted and messed up your BIOS witch slows down your machine and restarts from time to time, it's the same thing happening on my device

Also,It could be damaged hardware from mishandling, etc. messing up your motherboard 

There are many reasons why this might be happening

hope this helped:D

Edited by HeavenSunset

Badges

The only thing MLPF can do to impact your computer is through your browser and that’s it, and that is dictated by RAM.