Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

If you were stuck in a Groundhog Day Loop

Will Guide

If you stuck re-living the same day or 3 over and over like how in the Groundhog Day Movie with Bill Murray or Legend of Zelda Majora's Mask, what would you do? If you were would like to change the period of time you would relive go ahead and explain the new setup as well

Me? As long as the moon doesn't fall, I would try to see what would happen if I had made different choices. A part of me has always been curious by different causes and effects.

Well realistically freak out and try to fix it.

But if I was in control of it I would skip work without even calling off and read and watch movies and cartoons and eat as much as I wanted without consequences. And I would do some stupid and illegal stuff just for the hell of it.

• Brohoof 1

Better be at least 3 days because my girlfriend goes to school on the other side of the state and my only way of reaching her realistically is by riding a bus for 8 hours. I could spend several days learning to drive to finally get my license but that won't exactly shorten the ride, and I'll never get my passport in that short of time to take a flight.

Somebody did the math for Ground Hog Day once and I think that went on for like 10,000 years. I could be way off but it was a ridiculously long time, so I suppose I'd do nearly everything within my means eventually.

I'm curious how long it'd be till laws start being broken since the consequences are no longer the same.

I suppose the first thing I'd do is grab myself some milk since I've been wanting some all day. Maybe burn my old school papers that I've been sorting the past three days out of frustration since I'd never get the task done now. Catch up on all of the movies and TV and go visit my favorite places and explore some new ones.

Edited by SharpWit

8 minutes ago, SharpWit said:

I'm curious how long it'd be till laws start being broken since the consequences are no longer the same.

Yea, at first I would be afraid that this is the last iteration and whatever I do will stick. Though after some years in the loop I'd probably start losing that belief.

2 hours ago, Will Guide said:

If you were would like to change the period of time you would relive go ahead and explain the new setup as well

During a vacation, so I do not have to call my workplace every iteration to say I'm sick.

• Brohoof 1

22 hours ago, Pentium100 said:

Yea, at first I would be afraid that this is the last iteration and whatever I do will stick. Though after some years in the loop I'd probably start losing that belief.

In Majora's Mask, they mentioned a Godesses of Time who helps take Link and most of the important stuff back in time when he plays the Song of Time. It's implied that even if Link does nothing but stop the falling moon on the last run through, all the good deeds he did on previous loops merged into one definitive ending, where there's mostly happiness. So his, as by extension, the players' efforts are NOT ultimately pointless

Go out to eat at a fancy restaurant every day :P. Then when the loop ends I’m only out of money from the meal the day before.

And find other things to spend money on too, not sure what though, I’d like to travel but 1-3 days isn’t really enough time to travel somewhere far.

Edited by SparklingCaps

12 hours ago, SparklingCaps said:

Go out to eat at a fancy restaurant every day :P. Then when the loop ends I’m only out of money from the meal the day before.

And find other things to spend money on too, not sure what though, I’d like to travel but 1-3 days isn’t really enough time to travel somewhere far.

Don't forget. If you would hypothetically want the numbers of days to be more than 3, go ahead

The more I think about this the better it seems. I might spend years and years of days in a loop. I don't really want time to move forward. And think how much you could learn and experience without having to bother supporting yourself or even taking care of yourself because it's just one day.

I would consume so much media, learn so many new things, eat as much restaurant food as I want every day.I could still go see the family whenever I choose. I think the only reason I would restart time is when I finally run out of books and tv/anime/movies. And if I could pick the day it would be the day they draw the lottery numbers so I could buy a ticket on the final loop.

I would attempt different things at different times, to see what impact it would leave. I would try to fix the situation, though I would imagine that would lead to a string of tiresome days on repeat.

Edited by Cash_In

since i'm in the middle of a heavy project right now and will have to work all day and night to get it done for the third day i would probably loose my mind first realizing i'll be working for the rest of my days without rest until i finally break and let everything fall apart and see how i become the bad guy for not doing my job. Then i'll get more used to it and will try to see new different ways to break the system and the reactions of everyone to me increasingly getting more and more uncaring, and then finally i'll probably leave and do whatever i want every day, maybe even travel or kill myself, or spend all my money one day and the next become a criminal. It wouldn't be that bad to be that free.

• 4 months later...

I love that movie and that game ♡

I'd probably go through the same phrases Phil did in the movie. Disbelief at first, then go crazy and try everything once, then have fun with people and mess with them, see all the different things I can get away with and then finally get depressed and start to go insane. I doubt I'd try to have an absolutely perfect day but I'd definitely be trying different things while I'm still stuck.

For me, it's weird but knowing what's gonna happen makes me feel more comfortable, like I actually have control in my life, but alas it would get boring after awhile.

Any aspiring Phil/Link/Okabes out there, just be careful what day you get stuck on

Edited by Pastel-chan
  • Brohoof 1

Well, at least I'd be stuck in Winter! This Groundhog Day is no good, though, because it's supposed to get up in the 70s. Yuck. I can already feel the heat in my room. T.T How about I choose Groundhog Day 2011? That works out perfectly because it's the last time we had an actual snow storm. There was over a foot of snow on the ground that day IIRC. It would be so weird to see that again, given the trace of snow we only get nowadays.

Probably spend the first few loops trying to figure out what was happening and trying to break the loop, after that would probably stop bothering trying to break the loop and just doing whatever.

Failing that though the next step would be to lose it and go nuts :wacko:

357b4c710ac8d8bc54da4a4d2b1d2877.gif

• 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...