Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general Predictions for the year 2050

Muffinnz

These are just predictions of what we will have by the the year 2050 that we don't have today

I'v seen a few comments on these forums from years like 2013 or 2012 and a few of them said stuff like "can't wait till virtual reality becomes a thing" well, now stuff like that exists

You may add anything personal if you want (for example if you think you'll have kids by that time or something like that) or you can add anything the general public will have

The more predictions we have the better, try come up with as much as possible. The people of 2050 including ourselves will be able to read this and see what people's ideas of the future looked like 30 years before and compare it to reality about 30 years from now

• Brohoof 1

That nanomachines would be invented as to stop and reverse aging, and prevent from dying of old age. By 2050, basically most of my relatives (my parents included) will have long passed away, with every piece of me is gone as a result.

2050: 

• I would expect some amazing advances in medicine. Organs could be replaced with "printed" ones as a quick out-patient procedure.
  • Dark skies will be virtually gone by this time in the U.S., India and Europe. I am not optimistic about light pollution in the future.

As for myself, I'll be old and grouchy by then  ^_^

The Good

• The majority of first world countries will have most of their energy provided through clean renewable means. 
  • We'll have sent people to mars and might even have expanded our hand in space by starting an extraterrestrial colony or adding onto or building more international space stations.
  • Self driving cars will have become a full reality and be commonplace.
  • Our access to information and goods is exponential.

The Bad

• Climate change will continue and still developing countries or those that put less care into the long lasting effects of their industrial practices will likely continue those practices.
  • The opportunities of space will still largely not be taken due to the effort required and issues that need more immediate addressing on earth.
  • People will leave their homes less as everything can be brought to their door in an expedient amount of time.
  • We'll become so reliant on technology for day to day life that it'll be a vulnerability.

7 minutes ago, Angus Delaney said:

I think we'll probably either be in World War 3 (and will likely annihilate ourselves), or have already annihilated ourselves.

Just like i'm sure many people predicted 30 years ago. And 30 years before that.

On 9/25/2019 at 4:03 PM, Muffinnz said:

The people of 2050 including ourselves will be able to read this and see what people's ideas of the future looked like 30 years before and compare it to reality about 30 years from now

Hi Swirly of the future! :D 

Honestly, I don’t really know, but I suppose more advances in medicine and technology, the usual. 

I imagine various things going downhill by then, but that may just be my pessimistic outlook on life. As for me, I'd be old and would probably still be doing my own thing.

• 2 years later...

So much can change even in a year but the general trend of technological advancement is to be expected. But what I consider superior technology is likely already hidden from us - the likes of free energy, the ability to use, consume, and spend energy without taxation or a third party getting involved with your usage of said energy. 

• Brohoof 1

I would be 60 year old. Hopefully, these next 30s yrs (holy smokes that's not even long either!) would be good and the world improves for the better and not for the worse. I also hope that in the next 30s yrs, I will end up doing something I was meant to do and maybe can finally relax and be satisfy with my life. Maybe find a nice wife too who will grow old with me and be there on my toughest time. And most importantly, be more stronger when it comes to saying good byes and live to the fullest. because I know in the next 30s yrs it will rough but at the same, at least I won't have regrets. I'm current working on that now anyways. Better now than late.

I really couldn't care less about technology advancement, as long it is use to improve the world than that's one occasion. I'm more in for politics and its people trying and working toward improving itself in next the 30s yrs.  Hopefully I will be able to leave my current job and do something more worthwhile to help the world improve.

• 1 month later...

No. This is coming to an end. Just as described in the the first and only book of Enoch. I mean, this year is not even 2022 because I believe one day was added. And this is enough to take our current year out out of phase by one year per 365 years. People should be following the ethiopian calendar that is faithful to the Enochian calendar. But, many things will change drastically in this creation, just as Enoch has spoken about. This will be the death of everything you know about this great delusion of a world, the heliocentric model and the great deception that you have come to believe is your reality. The Son of Man is returning, and so is the branch of David, I believe. But some events must come to pass first.

(edited)

I retire :wacko: (I will have turned 65 the year before). Hopefully…. I’d want to keep working a little still.

Ohhhh crap, bad math. That would be 10 years later.

Edited by WWolf

• 2 months later...

Covid-49 had just been detected and preparations were being made.

People have definitely forgotten about the smart phones and the Apple products like iPhone, as a new different less advertising technology had long overshadowed this horrible social media generation.

More to come…

• 6 months later...

Well, I'd imagine there would be much more green energy usage than now as well as a significantly lessened use of objects that contribute to pollution rates. I think that AI would also have a larger role in society as well, and that technology in general would be more advanced.