Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

First pony I've drawn since 2012!

Chann3l Chas3r

While my skills towards drawing ponies, specifically, have withered over time, they wound up being bolstered by everything else I'd learned in the intervening five years about color theory, shading, proportions, and good posing! I wasn't expecting this to turn out NEARLY as well as it did, to be honest. I guess drawing ponies is kinda like riding a bicycle! Now, may I present:

Dual Core

YzYQxWx.png

Dual Core is the creation of @superspyro3000 who let me use him for pony-drawing practice!

I really fell in love with this guy while drawing him, so here's a short Bio:

Dual Core was born with two horns, and eventually developed two cutie marks, on the matching side to each horn. One horn and mark are for an affinity with plants, and the others, an eye for art. Despite having double the horns and technically double the magic, he doesn't have double the power of your typical Unicorn. If he so much as tries to use both horns at once--or, more likely, if he gets startled while using magic and both go off at once--bad things happen. Most of his magical skill boils down to the simple spells, like levitation; it doesn't help that he was born into a small-town community with no real magic users.

Dual Core's creator is currently working on a story on him--you should totally follow him if this character's captured you interest at all!

...Oh, also lemme know what you think about the piece! Can anyone give me some tips or resources for drawing hooves at an angle?

Edited by Lagtim3
Spotted a couple coloring errors in the picture, corrected them and re-uploaded.
  • Brohoof 5

That's some great art design there @Lagtim3!
It is super fun to draw a pony design that you like! I have done a few myself for a friend and it is very rewarding!

Your over all design choice (not just the character) looks very specific. I can't put it into words. I am thinking napkin design at a coffee place. Mayan South America, modern,... Java (not the programming language).... Seriously I have no good references here! The design is very unique and high quality!

• Brohoof 2