Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Paramount Pictures register new pony movie site

Steve Piranha

To be honest, this feels a little fast to me.  Like given that everything the leaks from a while back had in it, turned out to be true, it was inevitable that there was going to be another MLP movie, with it being the start of g5.  With FiM, aka G4 ending pretty soon, it shouldn't be surprising that Hasbro wants to start the next generation soon.  But due to the fact it is supposed to be released in 2021, I wasn't really expecting to get any news on it anytime soon.  But than again as someone who is willing to give G5 a chance, I am interested in seeing what the movie has to offer, and I wouldn't be opposed to getting some information about it sooner than I expected.

While it maybe a bit soon, it's still a better move than what Hasbro did, releasing a film for G4 very late in it's life cycle when all the hype was dying down. 2013-14 would've been the right time. The movie coming out in 2017 didn't really contribute much to the growth of the fandom or franchise. Launching a G5 movie early on may not be optimal. Risking a theatrical release on an unproven series and fanbsae. But it wouldn't exactly hurt G5 prospects either. 

TL:DR. Releasing a movie too soon is better than releasing it too late. 

• Brohoof 3

Technically this isn't even really official "news", at least in the sense of Hasbro publicly announcing something. This is just something fans picked up on and ED ran with. If you know you're going to be making a movie related to that domain name, it makes sense to snatch it up as early as possible and is pretty normal business strategy.

Since it is going to be introducing a new generation, I'm hoping there's more incentive on Paramount's part to produce quality that will draw a decent box office take. MLP17 was pretty much released with the franchise already on its way out. 

Edited by n1029