Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I The Only One Who Finds Some Plushies/Figures To Be Unattractive?

Venomous

I use the word “unattractive” but I find some merchandise to be a bit ugly... Okay, a lot ugly. :twi:

I understand why some people purchase these. They are cheaper than commissioned plushies & figures.

I am not saying that you are incorrect for your purchases.

I just feel alone in thinking that some of these plushies and figures look pretty unappealing. I think it’s partially due to the look of the manes.

748544CC-3D9C-45E4-8DED-3E63A67F8418.pngF39D5B5D-4A7D-409D-9592-132AAA6F9785.jpeg

• Brohoof 3

35 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Just look at Maud. She looks like she has a cowlick:

I'm sure that's a strategically placed handle. :nom:

50 minutes ago, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

748544CC-3D9C-45E4-8DED-3E63A67F8418.png

full BALD! BALD! BALD! :blink:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

While some merchandise manages to look decent at best, a lot of them definitely don't hold up very well. I suppose that's given, since so many of them are produced, quality control is usually lacking.

My little ayylien, my little ayylien *cumbia starts*

I think its a matter of quality, like the plushie comission shop, thats high quality and good to look at. Even when i dont like plushies :mlp_icwudt:

I get the want to have flowing hair to brush and whatnot on a figure but I don't think I've seen one where the effort was put in to insert multiple strand bases/holes like some dolls do.

That Pinkie Pie plush's mane looks like it's made from mop material.

Actually went to a panel on this sort of thing. Past gens and their merchandise. And it was pretty unanimous that while G4 had the best show by a wide margin, they also had the worst toys by just as bad a margin. Even the G3 figures were done better.      

s-l1000.jpg

HLP92299Clg.jpg

3rd party stuff always seemed a bit better. The official toys always definitely seemed for girls, unlike the show which garnered much more appeal.

Ive seen your OC as a plush; now that is cute :pout: .

Well not really. I usually make their hair which actually helps a lot to make them look better than the original look in a package. 

Plus the build a bear ones doesn’t look bad either. It’s the only plush noncommissioned that looks like the characters.

Edited by TBD
  • Brohoof 1

I remember when the brushables (like the Twilight figure in the OP) and the small blind bag figures were pretty much all that's available. I saw instructions on how to make the brushable look more accurate and, since I am no hairdresser, I decided to just buy the blind bag figures at the time.

• 1 month later...

I will admit a lot of the official G4 pony merchandise were pretty darn terrible especially in the early days, although it did improve a bit towards the end. I really do like the 2017 style brushables I even own several of them.

The merchandise is pretty expensive where I live, especially when considering the (lack of) quality. I want to show the creators my support, but I don't know. If you look through the stores or the images in this thread, the merch just lacks the authenticitiy for the most part. The ratings on Amazon weren't that great either. Is there a recommended place where you can look for merchandise/Figurines?

I'm pretty sure the end-all result is that if the product comes directly from Hasbro / isnt part of some fancy collection / statue series, it's gonna look bleh when compared to the actual show characters.

• 2 weeks later...

A lot of mlp plushies are ugly imo, like sometimes their heads can be too big, they have a weird body shape, or they have not enough hair. Trust me there is a lot of MLP stuff I hate and make a fun of. You are not the only one.

On 9/28/2019 at 1:20 AM, ShadOBabe said:

Oh, no absolutely. Most toys look pretty terrible.

I mostly stick to the Friendship is Magic Collection. And even they aren't perfect.

Just look at Maud. She looks like she has a cowlick:

81NSa1DlUgL._SX466_.jpg

how come she has a bump on her head xD

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, BornAgainBrony said:

Its for Gummi to hang from. No idea why Gummi was packaged with her but... yeah.

But that's the thing! It's not just Maud. They kept that hair for MULTIPLE FiM Collection toys!

-600-height-files0_0blindbags0_0mylittle