Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Am I The Only One Who Finds Some Plushies/Figures To Be Unattractive?

Venomous

Just now, JingLBabe said:

I get that, but darn it, GET IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME YOU HACKS!! :glimmer:

That's why I rely on fanmade plushies and such for good content ^^ (even if they are like 10x more expensive)

• Brohoof 1

I agree. I've got a Hasbro-made Spike, Rainbow Dash, and Twilight and a Beanie Boo Pinkie and I like them, although the Beanie Boo Pinkie isn't the best-looking thing. The newer pony toys are just nasty....like the Starlight plushie.....that's nasty..

• Brohoof 1

• 5 weeks later...

I definitely agree. There's a lot of crap looking stuff out there. I only get stuff that looks show accurate, or very close to it. Sometimes I have to get some kind of set to get a particular item. If it comes with something that looks bad, the bad item ends up condemned to a special "sad" box that stays closed to keep the ugly in. :yay:

Edited by Cirrus.

Some of the newer small models for the brushable ponies are pretty cute! :squee:

Nurturing-Friends-Reboot-Series-1-Fluttershy.jpg.06f718596c3c9dec6085033f43111636.jpg

But I agree, most of the merch is pretty awkward-looking, especially some of the official plushies. The 4DE plushies are awesome though!

You got to do some looking. Early on especially the toys were pretty bad. I especially hate the plushes with hair strips, it just looks really ugly. 

Personally I wish they did more toys in vein of Guardians of Harmony, just give me regular toys that are highly posable that look like they came straight out of the cartoon. And drop the super edginess, seriously Twilight's super angry face looks really dumb

Give me something more along the lines of the AJ, RD, or Pinkie Pie’s toys 

BAB86960-AC58-4FBF-964F-550CB6745A78.thumb.jpeg.bd281c3379b4853d28dab01eb028b379.jpeg

D480AECC-2C7C-489C-9E99-A27D0798AE6D.thumb.jpeg.5f23f41599a2f2dcbfaeee33ccf3def4.jpeg

9E5167CF-C735-487E-913C-8A85E51C8913.thumb.jpeg.54ce4c77c0e0a4ea5709df47b9ea07d6.jpeg

Edited by Megas

On 12/10/2019 at 7:58 PM, applesjck said:

This specific Starlight plush drives me mad. What in the world is going on with her mane/tail?!? :scoots:FFC756CB-56BE-481B-A77B-8B21A58795C2.thumb.jpeg.fb5d118c9386780a11a40916ab825c64.jpeg

It’s like a Wild Berry Pop Tart sliced into strips.

BE55BB9F-0E55-4441-A9AE-F82A79244076.jpeg

I am pretty fussy about which pony merch I want. I love the 4th Dimension releases, but they're hard to find these days (and are so expensive!). Hot Topic figures aren't bad either. But I don't really see the appeal of the Build-a-Bear plushes, they look like doll-ified versions of the already crappy Hasbro Blind Bags. Some of the bootleg plushes have more variety on which pony you want, but being bootlegs, the poor quality shows more. I don't have much pony merch because of my fussiness, lol. But if I find a Rarity 4DE plush one day, I will be very happy :please:

32 minutes ago, Odyssey said:

I am pretty fussy about which pony merch I want. I love the 4th Dimension releases, but they're hard to find these days (and are so expensive!). Hot Topic figures aren't bad either. But I don't really see the appeal of the Build-a-Bear plushes, they look like doll-ified versions of the already crappy Hasbro Blind Bags. Some of the bootleg plushes have more variety on which pony you want, but being bootlegs, the poor quality shows more. I don't have much pony merch because of my fussiness, lol. But if I find a Rarity 4DE plush one day, I will be very happy :please:

There’s a Rarity 4DE plush on Amazon! It’s quite pricy, though. :kindness: