Zenchi

Planning Outskirts of Canterlot (OOC)

Recommended Posts

(edited)

It's winter. The cobblestone roads of Canterlot have been freezing under your hooves; to or from, the main city was far away. The journey would have to be made tomorrow; the winds are beginning to blow hard. The frigid air has yet to begin gnawing at the skin, but the snow peppering your coat is increasing. 

A sign catches your eye. A start contrast to the environment, a massive black sign hangs next to a door. Double horns are shown, atop a pint of frothing cider. No words, no further advertisement is needed. Perhaps, this will be a good stopping point for now. A warm drink sounds nice.

The door is thicker than the sign. Opening it takes a focused effort; a blast of warmth meets the face, and the crackle of a hearth fire breaks over the cluttered chatter of the inhabitants. The smell of alcohol is everywhere, as well as others who's nights have either just ended, or just started. 

The gruff voice of the barkeep suddenly cuts across the room, drowning out the scattered talking with authority. 

"Would ya shut the door and get in already?"

---

RP link:

---

---

So. Lookin' for some people to have an rp with. I guess I have some experience. Looking for the adventurous type, though anyone can have a place in this story. When the rp thread kicks off, the scene will be limited to the tavern, since the weather outside is frightful, and the fire is, so delightful. 

But who knows? Maybe things will happen. 

Edited by Zenchi
  • Brohoof 1
  • Pondering 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zenchiroleplaya

Sounds like you've got quite the premise in mind, are you indicating that the player is the one who just walked in? Or would they already be in there? 

I think I can come up with a character that would fit in this story, I'll edit in a bit to put them in. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

12 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Zenchiroleplaya

Sounds like you've got quite the premise in mind, are you indicating that the player is the one who just walked in? Or would they already be in there? 

I think I can come up with a character that would fit in this story, I'll edit in a bit to put them in. 

The purpose of the intro was to signal how accessible this tavern is to any character. Ponies tend to have business in Canterlot at some point or another; to or from, or the character can just live near the tavern. It's not necessarily how your character must have been; it's just setting the scene. From the POV of some nopony, I'd guess. 

 

Any characters are welcome, my one point is the adventurous type would feel more at home :P no need for edits 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zenchiroleplaya

Now this is a level of prompt response I haven't seen in years, you impress me!

I have a few potential characters in mind, I'll let you choose which one you think you'll have the most fun with: 

'Snipes', a reindeer with thestral heritage (Has the bat pony eyes and teeth/diet)

Zeb, a changeling who's preferred disguise is an earth pony inspector named Hard Line from Manehatten

I could come up with another if neither of these intrigue you. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

15 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Zenchiroleplaya

Now this is a level of prompt response I haven't seen in years, you impress me!

I have a few potential characters in mind, I'll let you choose which one you think you'll have the most fun with: 

'Snipes', a reindeer with thestral heritage (Has the bat pony eyes and teeth/diet)

Zeb, a changeling who's preferred disguise is an earth pony inspector named Hard Line from Manehatten

I could come up with another if neither of these intrigue you. 

Shucks, I'm flattered. 

 

And you're not limited to one character, although character sheets would be nice to snoop through ;)

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zenchi

I'll have to write them up some time so you can learn about their backstories, there isn't much more to Zeb outside of my whole lore on the true nature of changelings (Mostly A Novel Tale on FiMFiction), but for Snipes I've got something.

He was once a member of an elite military organization called Scarves of Red, which dealt mostly in covert operations against mostly individual or small group targets, either assassination, kidnapping, or demolition/extraction against inanimate targets.

His father and trainer was Moon D, a thestral exiled from his clan for his relationship with a reindeer, who was Snipes mother. Moon D was part of a previous elite division of the Equestrian military called Bravo Luna Unity, or BLU.

 

I think I'll start with just Snipes, and potentially add Zeb in later if things go that way. I'm excited, it's been a while since I joined a fresh RP.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

56 minutes ago, Illiad Easle said:

@Zenchi

I'll have to write them up some time so you can learn about their backstories, there isn't much more to Zeb outside of my whole lore on the true nature of changelings (Mostly A Novel Tale on FiMFiction), but for Snipes I've got something.

He was once a member of an elite military organization called Scarves of Red, which dealt mostly in covert operations against mostly individual or small group targets, either assassination, kidnapping, or demolition/extraction against inanimate targets.

His father and trainer was Moon D, a thestral exiled from his clan for his relationship with a reindeer, who was Snipes mother. Moon D was part of a previous elite division of the Equestrian military called Bravo Luna Unity, or BLU.

 

I think I'll start with just Snipes, and potentially add Zeb in later if things go that way. I'm excited, it's been a while since I joined a fresh RP.

Ooh, that does sound nice :sunbutt: I'm sure snipes will feel right at home. Ill be sure to make the rp thread in a moment; as it is, the bar is a 'meet and greet' of sorts before the story kicks off ;)

  • Excited 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Zenchi

 

I'm game, I haven't rp'ed in a while, how do you feel about a younger character wandering/sneaking in?

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 I think that Shadow Star would fit this RP tho. She's a skilled gambler, fond of a drink and likes to chat to other ponies; tho, it would be advised not to challenge her to a game, cuz she will clean you out. XD

 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I would like to join! If you would like I can try to make a RP profile for my character.

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
1 hour ago, BroomsNHops said:

@Zenchi

 

I'm game, I haven't rp'ed in a while, how do you feel about a younger character wandering/sneaking in?

I'm feeling good about it, theres plenty of leftover drinks just laying around... :toldya: 

Id like some descriptions, a profile sheet isnt needed, but I do want more info than a younger pone. :catface:

1 hour ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

Could a lone mercenary fit into this tavern?

 

Ooh boi that's a lot of info to take in. Sadly, the cybernetic enhancements (while amazing for certain themed rp's like Fallout: Equestria, among others) cant fit into this setting. A large part of it is molded off the show, I'm trying to keep things generally believable...However, I sense great potential in the character. 

Edit a few things (not your character sheet, just keep in mind some things while in the rp) to make him more of a believable regular Joe and the mercenary will soon find work! :D

1 hour ago, Pripyat Pony said:

 I think that Shadow Star would fit this RP tho. She's a skilled gambler, fond of a drink and likes to chat to other ponies; tho, it would be advised not to challenge her to a game, cuz she will clean you out. XD

 

Every good adventure needs a loose cannon, she looks good enough to hop in. Lruf might have a few special drinks for her... :bedeyes:

44 minutes ago, ExplosionMare said:

I would like to join! If you would like I can try to make a RP profile for my character.

Glad to hear that! An RP profile is useful, but you can just as well give some descriptions and tidbits about your character via post. As long as I have a good idea of who they are!

---

Took a full day, glad the RP is catching momentum :wub:

Edited by Zenchi
  • Yay 2
  • Pondering 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Renegade the Unicorn said:

This RP still open? Because I have the perfect character.

Ye :catface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Renegade the Unicorn said:

Here you go.

Yeah, honestly kinda flat, but "eh".

Very contrary, I like it :P He'd fit in nice, even if as a tag along. 

Everyone knows an adventure isnt real unless theres someone that doesnt wanna be there :Fleur:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sounds good!!  @Zenchi

For the love of me I can't draw tonight so I'll have an image eventually

Our younger pony 

Spoiler

Name: Silver Duster

Age: 17

Male / Pegasus

Cutie mark :  A ring and hammer

Colors: Light gray body with blue and white mane and tail, he's rather tall for his age....

Silver Duster a colt looking for adventure instead of just staying in the jewelry shop all the time. Curious on the happenings with other ponies he can't help but sneak into places that he shouldn't be at. Granted he tends to find himself over his head on things very quickly.

 

 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, BroomsNHops said:

Sounds good!!  @Zenchi

For the love of me I can't draw tonight so I'll have an image eventually

Our younger pony 

  Hide contents

Name: Silver Duster

Age: 17

Male / Pegasus

Cutie mark :  A ring and hammer

Colors: Light gray body with blue and white mane and tail, he's rather tall for his age....

Silver Duster a colt looking for adventure instead of just staying in the jewelry shop all the time. Curious on the happenings with other ponies he can't help but sneak into places that he shouldn't be at. Granted he tends to find himself over his head on things very quickly.

 

 

It looks good, you can hop into the RP at any time. Lruf is suspicious, but nothing wrong with a youngun paying for some toast during the winter :toldya:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Zenchi said:

 

Ooh boi that's a lot of info to take in. Sadly, the cybernetic enhancements (while amazing for certain themed rp's like Fallout: Equestria, among others) cant fit into this setting. A large part of it is molded off the show, I'm trying to keep things generally believable...However, I sense great potential in the character. 

Edit a few things (not your character sheet, just keep in mind some things while in the rp) to make him more of a believable regular Joe and the mercenary will soon find work! :D

 

How about instead of cybernetics he’s just fully clad in armor? Still has the occupation as mercenary. Something like Goblin Slayer without the vendetta and just a mysterious merc with voices in his head. 

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
6 minutes ago, Kronos the Revenant said:

How about instead of cybernetics he’s just fully clad in armor? Still has the occupation as mercenary. Something like Goblin Slayer without the vendetta and just a mysterious merc with voices in his head. 

That can work! :D Hop into the RP whenever you're ready

Edited by Zenchi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Zenchi said:

That can work! :D Hop into the RP whenever you're ready

Thanks :3

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Alright, this is already off to a decent start, I'm off to bed, see you lot in the morning

  • Brohoof 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

For those still lurking, this RP is still open to join. :bedeyes:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.