Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

open Outskirts of Canterlot (RP)

Zenchi

Silver couldn't help but eye the glass of water warily when it was first slid his way. But seeing on how there was no smell to it and it was cold to the touch he took a small sip before relaxing once again.  Perhaps he was glad that the Yak didn't give him cider or another glass of whatever that brown stuff was.

Hearing the door open and close again Silver looked over his shoulder to see who came in hoping that it wasn't anyone he knew.

• Brohoof 2

@Zenchi Shadow Star grinned. She levitated the glass with her magic, and took a gulp, sighing with pleasure. "Well, I figured it was just the right time for this," she said. Smirking a little, she stroked the soft leather of her coat. "Won this off a stallion who I cleaned out a few hours ago. Silly boy, he thought he stood a chance at winning a hoof of poker with me."

• Brohoof 1

@Renegade the Unicorn

He spared a glance at the unicorn as he finished his first bite of the meat, "No offence, but I've noticed that most pony communities are more tolerant of dissidents than thestral colonies. It's hard to be 'clandestine' as you put it, when your son is clearly impure." He took another bite. "I don't blame him of course, He had the option of staying with his clan by disowning my mother and I, but he chose us over them. Family was always more important to him than honor."

"Beside that, he's the second most clandestine creature I've yet heard of, there's a reason he's considered a master assassin."

• Brohoof 1

Kronos was chowing down at his fine meat and drinking his grog, satisfying his inner voices’ appetites. 

Mmm, they replied, this is the best tavern food we’ve had in a while. 

As he ate and drank, he spun around and scanned the room yet again, wary of everyone that he thought was bound to cause trouble. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 2

The mare had only just made her way to Granite Rose's table. Silver barely had any time to finish his water. Lruf had just poured Shadow Star another drink, before noises began to sound outside. The warm atmosphere seemed to almost die off, as yelling was heard beyond the door. Slamming was heard. Carriages being sent across town, in every which road, it wasn't long before everyone could hear the hoofsteps approaching the door. 

Meanwhile a cloaked figure escaped through the backdoor...

The massive oak doors swung open, slamming loudly against the stone wall. A royal guard, elite by the insignia of the sun over his heart, flew in--rising higher, before speaking over the tavern. 

"The Princesses have decreed a quest. Our allies call for aid across the waters, more than what we can spare. She has ordered that we search every corner of Canterlot, for..."

He raised the paper he'd been reading from, the seal of the alicorn flashing for all to see. A royal-tier job, usually reserved for the likes of the Elements.

"Heroes!"

The decree resounded through the room. The proposition hanging in the air, refusing to budge regardless of any silence that followed. The guard glared down at all of them, and one by one ponies began to duck their heads...Shuffle in the shadows, stare at their drinks. Clearly fearful of what might lie in wait...

• Brohoof 1

Renegade had intended to say more to Snipes before seeing the mysterious figure enter and proclaim that the Princesses were searching for heroes on a quest.

His response was to down the rest of the Appleloosan whiskey in large chugging motions until the bottle was empty. The now thoroughly drunk unicorn promptly fell into the tavern floor in a heap, as if trying to protest about the entire situation.

Edited by Renegade the Zombiecorn
  • Brohoof 3

@Zenchi

Snipes looked only a little surprised at the declaration, and at Renegade knocking himself out with alcohol in response. He rolled his eyes, "Across the seas? It better not be Kuzco looking for someone else to do his job for him."

He stood up though, if it was Emperor Kuzco of East Cervidas calling for aid, he wanted to be one of those getting paid to fix it. "You're not getting any 'Heroes' here, nor mercenaries for that matter unless we get some more details. Where's the trouble? What's the problem? And most importantly, What's it worth to the crown that it gets done?"

He took another bite of the meat, more to be intimidating than anything, while staring down the guard with the decree from behind his mirrored glasses.

• Brohoof 2

Silver jumped as the door to the tavern was slammed open and spun around in his chair only to spot the royal guard and ducked down slowly.  Thankfully he wasn't the only pony who was doing so, but he was still the youngest one there.

Looking nervously around he couldn't help but glance at the reindeer who spoke to the guard.

• Brohoof 2

Why would anyone want help from ponies from a barGranite thought to himself.

Most ponies here were drunk or were trying to get drunk, so most of them would be rather useless in this overseas quest the strange figure was talking about. Not that he was here to get drunk, of course. Regardless, he wasn’t sure if he could even go on the quest, at least not without knowing why he was going.

Granite quietly shuffled his hooves on the table, eying them as he moved them around. He had hoped silence would ensue for awhile, but for him that was not the case.

Leave this place. Do not be seen. Penetrate your scars.

Thorns, his hallucination, had appeared at the wrong time once again. He had a way of appearing during suspicious situations, intentionally or not. He felt a strong distrust for not only the cloaked figure, but everything about this place. Granite Rose felt unable to disagree with him, so he pushed his hoodie over his ears, hoping to block out the anxious sensation he felt.

• Brohoof 1

Kronos overheard the guard’s decree with his ear twitching. 

Heroes, they say? his voices said, Let’s go and accept whatever they have. It’s better than wasting away in here. 

Kronos finished his meal and chugged the last of his drink. He shook his head and walked up to the guard and kneeled in respect. 

“You mentioned a quest from the princesses themselves?” Kronos asked the guard. 

Edited by Kronos the Revenant
  • Brohoof 2

Silver swallowed hard as he turned back to glance at the Yak not sure if they themselves were aware on what was happening in his tavern. If the guard spotted him then who knows how much trouble either one of them would get into. 

Perhaps it would be best to sneak out?

Sitting up a bit higher in his chair he shifted before getting out of it. Perhaps he could sneak past the guard while he was distracted by the other pony who was talking to them.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...

Shadow Star smiled slightly. "Now, if you're looking for heroes," she drawled, taking another gulp from her glass, "Just why are you here at this dead and alive place? Of course, I'm always up for an adventure, if the price is right. I have, shall we say, gotten to know some very shady characters in my time so might just know something about whoever is causing trouble overseas."

The unicorn mare spoke the truth in this, tho there was one stallion that she would not care to meet again. More years ago than she cared to remember, when she had been a young and innocent filly, she had been seduced by an older stallion, one who had immense magical power. When she became in foal by him, he had abruptly left and Shadow Star had never seen him again, nor wanted to.

• Brohoof 1