Muffinnz

Is the Earth flat?  

57 users have voted

1. 1. Is the Earth flat?

• Yes
    • No

• 10 months later...
On 9/29/2019 at 8:59 PM, ShadOBabe said:

Unfortunately, there are ABSOLUTELY people that legitimately think that. I don’t have that kind of mindset, nor do I spend enough time around them to get a lot of insight, but I do have some theories.

My main theory about conspiracy theorists is that they have an overwhelming desire to feel special and more intelligent than the majority of people around them. After all, what could possibly be more special than seeing through a ruse set up by THE MAN, yo? All the other “sheep” fell for it, but not you! You’re too clever for that.

I think a mindset like that is the cause of it honestly.

I once saw a video of a girl who legit thought we lived INSIDE the Earth.

Yeah, isn't the flat Earth thing just the friggin' best?  If aliens showed up and observed us for awhile and saw the flat Earth movement, I wouldn't blame them for just glassing our planet from orbit and exterminating this miserable species.  I really wouldn't.

What I don't understand is why the flat Earth movement isn't instantly quashed by this:

Spoiler

I just want to take a second to say how incredible this is.  Watching this kind of stuff is the only thing that makes me feel better about this planet and our species.  So, it will be different when you're looking at it, because it's live, but when I posted this video, it was showing an astronaut floating outside the station, working on something, and also just sort of chillin' and waving at the camera.  I cannot describe how mindblowing that is--to realize that you're looking at a dude in space right now.  I mean, we're so desensitized to movies that it can be easy to forget that this isn't a movie.  This isn't George Clooney in Gravity.  That's a real frigging guy (or woman, no way to tell in the EVA suit) floating in space right friggin now.  IT'S A GUY.... IN SPACE... RIGHT NOW.  And I'm sitting at my desk in my room lookin' at him.  LiveRight nowIn space.  And he's waving at me.  From spaceRight now.  Just blows my f*ckin' mind.

If we accomplished this, just think how much farther along we'd be if we weren't being shackled and dragged down by things like flat-Earthers and other... um... belief systems... of various sorts... that I'm not allowed to mention on this forums anymore...  :dry:

• 3 weeks later...

And we're just gonna say that all the pictures and all the movies that clearly show a round Earth like every other planet are forgeries? :derp: Come on, everypony! :unamused: Wake up! :glimmer: This theory is a load of rubbish! :dry:

Edited by TomDaBombMLP

1 hour ago, You said:

The very one. :worry:

Okay, I know that he is a qanon, a corona denier, a right wing extremist, a reichsbürger and a christian fundamentalist. But that he also is a flat earthler was new for me. But to be honest, it would be not a surprise for me.  

1 hour ago, You said:

I don't think I know a single song of him though.

I know a few songs who are ok, but not something I would like to hear all the time. And most of his music is in my opinion nothing special. 0815 RnB what was never my favorite music. 

• 4 weeks later...