Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Will there even be a G5?

DivineMist1000

1 minute ago, Latecomer said:

Kids should always be the top audience. Which doesn't mean poor quality by any standards.

Honestly, i'd probably want at least some people on the production team who'd never seen any FIM.

I’m kind of weird in that I’d want it to stay a “kids” show not so much for the kid’s sake, but because I don’t want any dramatic, angsty BS poisoning it. If I’m in the mood for that, that’s what the fandom is for.

In reality, MLP is not a kid's show. It was designed as a family show. Or rather FiM was at least. The family of course includes kids, but there are absolutely things in the show that NO CHILD would understand.

• Brohoof 2

7 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I don’t want any dramatic, angsty BS poisoning it.

This. Also, real world politics. And I like that the main characters do not die in FIM.

It's a fun show about ponies who are good friends with each other and can overcome any threats by working together and the power of friendship and they all can be happy.

"Life is pain, I want to die" and similar stuff I can find elsewhere on the internet. I can find various multi-layer backstabbing plots in fanfics and in other shows or games.

One of the reasons I really like Lucky Star is that the characters are all happy and having fun most of the time there.

• Brohoof 3

17 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

I’m kind of weird in that I’d want it to stay a “kids” show not so much for the kid’s sake, but because I don’t want any dramatic, angsty BS poisoning it. If I’m in the mood for that, that’s what the fandom is for.

In reality, MLP is not a kid's show. It was designed as a family show. Or rather FiM was at least. The family of course includes kids, but there are absolutely things in the show that NO CHILD would understand.

Yeah, but those parts are invisible to kids, or should be.

• Brohoof 2

There is going to be a g5, and I think it will be amazing! :kirin:

I'm excited for more pony content coming out, and another MLP movie as well as a new generation of ponies sounds great to me! That's just my opinion though, and it might change depending on how good g5 actually is when it is officially released.

8 minutes ago, EpicEnergy said:

There is going to be a g5, and I think it will be amazing! :kirin:

I'm excited for more pony content coming out, and another MLP movie as well as a new generation of ponies sounds great to me! That's just my opinion though, and it might change depending on how good g5 actually is when it is officially released.

I guess, the only time to stay positive is now, when there is no information that says otherwise.

I am currently watching (for the first time) TMNT 2k12, which is completely (almost, except for some cool effects) rendered in 3D (That is the thing I am fearing G5 will do). The show start off kinda blah, but it picks up in the later seasons. Just because I don't like 3D rendered cartoons doesn't mean such a show could turn out great! I say, stay positive! :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 3

The Mane problem with 3D rendered pony is that TV quality 3D isn't really good with hair. We accept the ponies looking "smooth" in animation because it's simplified, but we know (from things like the gum scene in Ponyville Confidential if nothing else) that they actually have coats and are not made of plastic like the toys. I don't know if 3D modelling could support that balance of "realism" and toy accuracy.

• 1 month later...
On 10/1/2019 at 12:59 AM, Bakugou Is My Man ❤ said:

I’m fairly certain that generation five has been confirmed so yes, there will be a fifth generation of My Little Pony. Will it be as good as the fourth generation? To some, no. It won’t even come close. To some others, however, it may be amazing. It all depends on who you ask about it.

g4 is not sooo good as everyone says, so if Hasbro gets someone to develop a new world and writers who are committed, G5 could be a success.

On 10/1/2019 at 6:08 AM, Super Splashee said:

Good design means more than just good looking ponies.

the truth is that I hope that unicorns have slightly longer horns (like Cadence's) and larger wings like Twilight's, Cutie marks could take more importance in their designs, I like the idea of this.

Applejack.png.2b5318beb2e75898ceea471b4098c08b.pngPinkie_piee.png.e8e16e31e77a42171f038b676209d10d.pngsunset_shimmer___my_little_pony_g5_inspired_by_santamouse23_dd0pn3x-pre.thumb.png.879004269115e733a762f3e36303eeae.png

448 kb · Done

• Brohoof 1

Wether you continue with G5 or nor, is entirely up to you.

I am going to give it a chanche!
I know it is sad that MLP G4 ends, but it is better that people say: "i wish they made another season" instead of "Oh, is that still running?"

I know how we miss it though. 
It is painfull.

• Brohoof 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...