Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Limestone-Pie

12 minutes ago, Limestone-Pie said:

"Uhh, working? Just because it's a holiday doesn't give you an excuse not do your job."

I understand. The thing is, Nightmare Night festivities traditionally take place at night, couldn't you make an exception one night out of the year? 

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I understand. The thing is, Nightmare Night festivities traditionally take place at night, couldn't you make an exception one night out of the year? 

"No! We work into the night, if we don't we'll miss our quotas and it'll throw all my charts off. I can't have that, so we don't take breaks!"

• Brohoof 1

5 hours ago, Limestone-Pie said:

She's nice when you get to know her, honest.

*writes another note and passes it back*

”I believe you. You seem like a really good sister. Hope you don’t mind answering questions like this. I really want to get to know you. What places would you like to visit the most if you didn’t have to worry about the farm?”

• Brohoof 3

9 hours ago, Limestone-Pie said:

"Oh course I know, I wouldn't be Ponyville's #1 Party Pony if I didn't know everypony's birthdays! I'll be sure to throw you the most amazingand awesome birthday bash you've ever seen! I hope you like Party Cannons, ehehe!"

Score! It'll be a birthday wish come true! :pinkie: But of course! There will, be singing, and cake, and--- Did you say party cannons? As in your legendary, signature, noising making, glitter-and-streamers-firing party cannons? ... :orly: ♫ Pour some confetti on me~ Ooh, in the name of fun! Pour some confetti on me~ C'mon, fire it up! ♫

9 hours ago, Limestone-Pie said:

"First off, yeah, quartz is a mineral and not a rock - but we do sell it if you want some. Anyway, we mine your three basic types of rocks: igneous, sedimentary, and metamorphic. That's really simplifying it, but because the farm sits on a volcanic plane there's a good variety in what you can find. How we price is based on how much you buy, because most often we get bulk orders for construction projects."

Ah, I see. Well, I don't want to inconvenience anypony, so I'll stick to what you specialize in. I'd like to order a chunk of obsidian, one fire opal, a quartz diorite, a sample of argillite, and... Hmm... Should probably order one more kind of rock... What does Maud suggest? She's a good judge of rock character.

• Brohoof 1

21 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

*writes another note and passes it back*

”I believe you. You seem like a really good sister. Hope you don’t mind answering questions like this. I really want to get to know you. What places would you like to visit the most if you didn’t have to worry about the farm?”

She returns yet another note, "I would really want to see Canterlot, Maud has told me so much about it from her rock summits she likes to visit, it sounds so very beautiful. If I could see any of the princesses while I was there I might just faint!"

17 hours ago, Samurai Equine said:

Score! It'll be a birthday wish come true! :pinkie: But of course! There will, be singing, and cake, and--- Did you say party cannons? As in your legendary, signature, noising making, glitter-and-streamers-firing party cannons? ... :orly: ♫ Pour some confetti on me~ Ooh, in the name of fun! Pour some confetti on me~ C'mon, fire it up! ♫

--------------------------------

Ah, I see. Well, I don't want to inconvenience anypony, so I'll stick to what you specialize in. I'd like to order a chunk of obsidian, one fire opal, a quartz diorite, a sample of argillite, and... Hmm... Should probably order one more kind of rock... What does Maud suggest? She's a good judge of rock character.

"Those are the ones! It'll be the biggest and bestest birthday bash you've ever seen!  I can't tell you what else I'm going to bring though, that'd be spoilers! Shhhhh!"

"Try Rhyolite. It's a white volcanic rock with over seventy percent silica composition. They sometimes have opals in them, because they have trapped gas deposits. It's as good find as far as igneous rocks go." 

• Brohoof 4

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"What do you think about apples?" 

"I guess they're alright...is this some kind of trick question?"

"Applies are amazing! You can make so many different treats with them! Apple pie, apple strudel,  apple cider, caramel apples , all the apples! Oh! And don't forget that Applejack, she farms apples, so that means they're automatically amazing!"

"We never had apples on the farm, I only had them after I moved to Ponyville. They're decent. Not as good as rock soup, it has more calcite."

"Mm-hmm!"

• Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, Limestone-Pie said:

"I guess they're alright...is this some kind of trick question?"

No. If it were a trick question I would have asked if you liked rocks. :nom:

"Maud, do you prefer living on the rock farm or in Ponyville?" 

• Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Maud, do you prefer living on the rock farm or in Ponyville?" 

"Ponyville. I like my family, but I wouldn't have met Mudbriar or any of my friends if I didn't leave." 

• Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, Limestone-Pie said:

She returns yet another note, "I would really want to see Canterlot, Maud has told me so much about it from her rock summits she likes to visit, it sounds so very beautiful. If I could see any of the princesses while I was there I might just faint!"

(Heehee!! She’s so cute! I’m so happy I found a way to actually communicate with her!)

*passes note*

“Awww!! Well I hope you definitely get to go! At least once! What are some of your favorite kinds of stone/rocks? Is marble one of them?”

• Brohoof 2

17 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

(Heehee!! She’s so cute! I’m so happy I found a way to actually communicate with her!)

*passes note*

“Awww!! Well I hope you definitely get to go! At least once! What are some of your favorite kinds of stone/rocks? Is marble one of them?”

Marble again passes another note, "I hope so too, but our work seasons are so long I would hardly be able to find the time...and all those ponies, I wouldn't be able to get so much as a word out! 

You'd be surprised, even though I'm named after marble it's not my favorite rock. My favorite is Breccia, even though it's just really a bunch of smaller rocks clumped together I find that they can make some of the most interesting patterns and compositions...I really enjoy collecting them." 

• Brohoof 2

18 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Do you like music & if so, what is your favorite song?"

"Ugh, I could go without music thanks. Every time we visit Pinkie in Ponyville it's all singing all the time, it gives me a migraine!"

"I don't really listen to music much either, but I find myself enjoying rustic country tunes. The twang of a banjo cord captures the feeling of greenschist, it has a low intensity. Not that a banjo could survive the 300 °C metamorphic process." 

"Showtunes! Oh, oh, and yovidaphone music! The yaks really know how to put a song together!" 

"Mm-hmm."

• Brohoof 1

20 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Are you planning on celebrating Hearth's Warming Eve with the Apple Family again this year?" :applehat:

"It's been obligatory since we first met several years ago. I don't think Pinkie would let us go a Hearth's Warming without seeing them anymore but they're good ponies. Just as long as they don't touch Holder's Boulder!"

• Brohoof 1

6 hours ago, Limestone-Pie said:

"Those are the ones! It'll be the biggest and bestest birthday bash you've ever seen!  I can't tell you what else I'm going to bring though, that'd be spoilers! Shhhhh!"

"Try Rhyolite. It's a white volcanic rock with over seventy percent silica composition. They sometimes have opals in them, because they have trapped gas deposits. It's as good find as far as igneous rocks go." 

Ah, Pinkie... if you weren't throwing me such a great party for my birthday, I'd throw you a party for being such a great friend. :mlp_yeehaa: 

They sometimes have opals in them... Sounds like a winner to me! I knew I asked the right pony for a recommendation. :squee:
Well Limestone, I guess that settles that. Rhyolite, obsidian, fire opal, quartz diorite, and argillite. What's the total? I'm feeling like a big spender today. :secret:

By the way, Pie family... Since you live on a rock farm, do you know any folk songs or hymns about rocks? I sure would like to hear them, if you do. I imagine Pinkie has to get her love and talent for music from somewhere.

• Brohoof 1

21 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

Ah, Pinkie... if you weren't throwing me such a great party for my birthday, I'd throw you a party for being such a great friend. :mlp_yeehaa: 

They sometimes have opals in them... Sounds like a winner to me! I knew I asked the right pony for a recommendation. :squee:
Well Limestone, I guess that settles that. Rhyolite, obsidian, fire opal, quartz diorite, and argillite. What's the total? I'm feeling like a big spender today. :secret:

By the way, Pie family... Since you live on a rock farm, do you know any folk songs or hymns about rocks? I sure would like to hear them, if you do. I imagine Pinkie has to get her love and talent for music from somewhere.

"Three hundred bits. I expect cash up front, we don't give IOU's!"

----------------------

"I write poetry about rocks. Does that count?" 

"I think there were a couple, but I can't remember. We were supposed to work all day without singing, dancing, or parties! It was awful!" 

"Mm-hmm."

• Brohoof 2

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Why is your last name "Pie" if you're a family of rock farmers?"

"I answered this question before, but because I'm nice I'll tell the story again. Ponies around Rockville are arranged into marriages from this sacred rock called the 'Pairing Stone' or whatever and are wed in a fortnight. Somewhere down the line we picked up a baker on my Pa's side and we've just been keeping 'Pie' in our names ever since. I don't know why it's that way but you don't question tradition." 

• Brohoof 1

"I answered this question before, but because I'm nice I'll tell the story again. Ponies around Rockville are arranged into marriages from this sacred rock called the 'Pairing Stone' or whatever and are wed in a fortnight. Somewhere down the line we picked up a baker on my Pa's side and we've just been keeping 'Pie' in our names ever since. I don't know why it's that way but you don't question tradition." 

Oh, I'm sorry. :sunny: Thank You for telling the story again.:kindness:

"Pinkie, rock candy or normal candy?"

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Pinkie, rock candy or normal candy?"

"Rock candy isn't normal candy?! No way! But if I did have to choose it'd be cupcakes with rock candy in the frosting! Does that count? It does now!"

• Brohoof 1

19 minutes ago, Limestone-Pie said:

"Three hundred bits. I expect cash up front, we don't give IOU's!"

:mlp_blink: ...*Checks wallet. Only has 170 bits* Ehehehe... Open mouth, insert hoof. :twismile:
Umm... In case I'm unable to pay the full charge, could I get a discount if I offer to help harvest the rocks myself? I might be willing to help out with other rock-harvesting tasks, with some supervision of course. I've never done it before, but I'm no stranger to hard work. ...Would a unicorn with fire magic be of any use on your farm?

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, Limestone-Pie said:

Rock candy isn't normal candy?!

Not when the secret ingredient is...NO SPOILERS! :okiedokieloki:

"Pinkie, which of your siblings do you get along with the best?"

3 minutes ago, Samurai Equine said:

:mlp_blink: ...*Checks wallet. Only has 170 bits* Ehehehe... Open mouth, insert hoof. :twismile:
Umm... In case I'm unable to pay the full charge, could I get a discount if I offer to help harvest the rocks myself? I might be willing to help out with other rock-harvesting tasks, with some supervision of course. I've never done it before, but I'm no stranger to hard work. ...Would a unicorn with fire magic be of any use on your farm?

"I don't see why not, it wouldn't be the first time we had a unicorn help us out. We had this bigshot magician working here a few harvests back, going on and on about how "great and powerful" she was. Thank Celestia she's outta here, but I wonder where they ended up..." 

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Pinkie, which of your siblings do you get along with the best?"

"Maud and I have been bestest sister friends since we were little, and now that she's in Ponyville we hang out all the time! I love everypony in my family though."

• Brohoof 2

"I don't see why not, it wouldn't be the first time we had a unicorn help us out. We had this bigshot magician working here a few harvests back, going on and on about how "great and powerful" she was. Thank Celestia she's outta here, but I wonder where they ended up..." 

"Maud and I have been bestest sister friends since we were little, and now that she's in Ponyville we hang out all the time! I love everypony in my family though."

"Was Marble a talkative filly?" 

• Brohoof 2