Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Daring Do, Ahuizotl, and Dr. Caballeron

ShadOBabe

(edited)
7 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Have you ever wanted to fly like a griffon?" 

Ahuizotl: I had not thought of it before. But that would have certainly made dealing with Daring Do easier. I could just chase her instead of jumping as high as I could and hoping I could pluck her out of the air.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Daring Do, what do you plan to do when you retire?"

Daring Do: Hmm, I’m not sure. I figured I’d keep doing the adventuring thing until I’m so cripplingly old I can barely move.

Ahuizotl: *chuckles and murmurs to himself* Si, that sounds about right...

Daring Do: But then what..? I’d keep writing I’m sure. And I suppose I could go back to volunteering at various museums in my spare time. I’ll just have to see what life has in store for me.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Hmm, I’m not sure. I figured I’d keep doing the adventuring thing until I’m so cripplingly old I can barely move.

Ahuizotl: *chuckles and murmurs to himself* Si, that sounds about right...

Daring Do: But then what..? I’d keep writing I’m sure. And I suppose I could go back to volunteering at various museums in my spare time. I’ll just have to see what life has in store for me.

You could always open an "Adventure Camp" for aspiring explorers, does that sound like something you would be interested in pursuing? 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
6 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You could always open an "Adventure Camp" for aspiring explorers, does that sound like something you would be interested in pursuing? 

Daring Do: Hmm... that’s hard to answer. On one hoof, I love the idea of inspiring kids to get out and explore... on the other hoof, I’m not the greatest at dealing with other ponies for an extended period of time. However, we’re talking YEARS in the future. Maybe I’ll have gotten over that by then.

Dr. Caballeron: *murmurs to Ahuizotl* Doubtful...

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Hmm... that’s hard to answer. On one hoof, I love the idea of inspiring kids to get out and explore... on the other hoof, I’m not the greatest at dealing with other ponies for an extended period of time. However, we’re talking YEARS in the future. Maybe I’ll have gotten over that by then.

Dr. Caballeron: *murmurs to Ahuizotl* Doubtful...

Auhizotl seems to be doing well interacting with ponies since he decided to venture outside of the jungle, maybe he can give you some pointers?

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Auhizotl seems to be doing well interacting with ponies since he decided to venture outside of the jungle, maybe he can give you some pointers?

Ahuizotl: To be fair to Señorita Do, that es only because I’ve had years of practice leading the Neighuatl. Story telling to a bunch of ponies? I was doing that around a bonfire when I was still a child.

Daring Do: *chuckles* So what do you say? Think you can help me mend my deeply seeded antisocial personality?

Ahuizotl: Mmm, I don’t know Daring... *pulls a very tragic face* You might be too far gone...

Dr. Caballeron: *pulls an equally tragic face* Lo, the sad fate of the Byronic Heroine...

Daring Do: You’re both a couple of clowns.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
5 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Auhizotl, how does it feel knowing that you are the calmest member of your trio?" :maud:

Ahuizotl: *booming laughter* Ah haa haha!! Oy, well I doubt that es true OVERALL. I still have my temper. But I have been in such a good mood lately. No thieves, no dressing downs from my superiors, Daring has been returning artifacts... My life es the least stressful it has been in a very, very long time.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
2 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

I know I've asked what you are afraid of but now I'd like to know: "What is the scariest thing you've ever seen on your travels?"

Daring Do: Well it used to be Ahuizotl. *grins* But that was when I was a greenhorn and didn’t know any better...

Ahuizotl: “When you didn’t know any-?” And just what es THAT supposed to mean?

Dr. Caballeron: *suppressing laughter*

Daring Do: But then I went to Neighpon and had a run-in with a ghost called a “krasue”... Sweet Celestia, nothing comes CLOSE.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

14 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Dear Daring Do,

I’ve seen that you’re no stranger to a good scrap. Do you have any formal martial arts training?

Daring Do: I do actually. I got up to a Brown Belt in Krav Pega. Naturally, I’d like to get to Black, but I’ve been kind of busy.

7 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: I do actually. I got up to a Brown Belt in Krav Pega. Naturally, I’d like to get to Black, but I’ve been kind of busy.

Krav Pega? Badass! Suppose that makes sense the descendants of Commander Hurricane would have that style. Do they teach it in Cloudsdale or did you have to look for a teacher With a long beard and mustache  mediating on a mountaintop?

6 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Krav Pega? Badass! Suppose that makes sense the descendants of Commander Hurricane would have that style. Do they teach it in Cloudsdale or did you have to look for a teacher With a long beard and mustache  mediating on a mountaintop?

Daring Do: Haha! No, no, nothing like that. I learned in a studio setting. They do have schools in Cloudsdale, but despite it originally being developed by Pegasi for Pegasi, it’s grown in popularity, and there are plenty of studios located in ground based towns and cities. And disciplines more geared towards Unicorns and Earth Ponies have been developed.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Haha! No, no, nothing like that. I learned in a studio setting. They do have schools in Cloudsdale, but despite it originally being developed by Pegasi for Pegasi, it’s grown in popularity, and there are plenty of studios located in ground based towns and cities. And disciplines more geared towards Unicorns and Earth Ponies have been developed.

Might have to give it a try aside from my own style.

Other question, and this is for you about Ahuizotal not for him. Since he is so much bigger and stronger than you, not to mention the hand tail, why does he insist on the death traps when he could easily overpower you? (No offense.) Especially when you’ve proven time and again you’re smart enough to get out of any situation he puts you in?

(edited)
43 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Might have to give it a try aside from my own style.

Other question, and this is for you about Ahuizotal not for him. Since he is so much bigger and stronger than you, not to mention the hand tail, why does he insist on the death traps when he could easily overpower you? (No offense.) Especially when you’ve proven time and again you’re smart enough to get out of any situation he puts you in?

Daring Do: Heh, you’re gonna have to ask him that. I don’t know his train of thought.

Ahuizotl: The question may not be for me, but I can still sum it up for you. Three words: She es slippery.

Daring Do: Come on Ahuizotl, he raises a good question. Yes, my main tactic was to never let you grab me, but you still did. Why didn’t you ever just snap my neck?

Ahuizotl: *flinches at the idea* I... it’s just... the death traps are far more interesting!

Daring Do: Uh huh... here, one second... *puts on her A.K. Yearling glasses* Look... it’s my SKEPTIC-ales.

Ahuizotl: !! *blushes and buttons up* ... I am done with this question.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Must try to curb my initial impulses here.... and yes, this is me curbing it, but I'll try to be brief all the same. I'll have to address a separate question to each.

To Senor Cabelleron:

If you must forgive my terseness, I am rather unacquainted with the exploits you & your fellow... compatriots follow. Mostly due to a short attentionspan/memory. What precisely is it you, specifically, DO? After all, I'm sure not all your time is spent chasing Miss Doo. A man requires funds, does he not?

Oh, and if you could clear up how you pronounce your name. ...slowly, phonetically and written out if you can. I'm sure you've ran into this gag  problem before.

To Madame Doo:

Is it one O or two? Are you aware of your name being Doo? As in "Miss Doo", "Written by Doo," or "Look, there goes a bunch of Doo." Has this been a point of irritation for you in the past?

To Senor Ahuizotl:

Why the long face?

Iswear,Widdershins!Get back in your box!

*Ahem!*

Much the same as I posed to Senor Cabelleron. If you have been known to work with prior godlike entities then surely you must be in a position of much Magic to grant you such a long life span; what position or job do you hold that draws you into such contention with Miss Doo? And regarding as such...

You know Quetzelcotl?!!? I am SUCH a huge fan!!!

(edited)
14 hours ago, Widdershins said:

To Senor Cabelleron

Dr. Caballeron: It es fine, compadre. You are correct in your assessment. In fact, rarely do I actually chase after Daring. I have more initiative than that. Usually she es the one trailing me. As for what I do, my passion es locating and excavating priceless artifacts. I’ve said it before, but I love that feeling of holding a physical piece of history in my hooves. And would it not be unfair if I did not allow others to feel that same excitement? All I ask for is a... finder’s fee.

Ahuizotl: *growling and muttering in the background* Filthy, black-market profiteering, son-of-a-...

Dr. Caballeron: Ah... ahem, anyway, the pronunciation of my name goes like this: ca-ball-air-on. Just string it together quickly.

To Madame Doo

Daring Do: *forcibly level voice* It is spelled with one “O”, thank you. As in “I have things to do”. And and yes, I was harassed by other children when I was a filly.

To Senor Ahuizotl

Ahuizotl: I am not inherently magical. Or rather, no more so than your standard creature living in this world. My life is not magically extended. Ahuizotls just live a very long time, and any magic we have es from outside sources like artifacts and potions. And I am not actually very old. I am a Guardian Spirit and am, in fact, the youngest of them and have only held this position for about two decades now... *looks embarrassed* ... That es the only reason I have not gotten in more trouble for failing to stop Daring in the past. They were being lenient with me.

And si, I know The Feathered Serpent. He’s my direct supervisor and has been my tutor for years. I’ll tell him you said, “Hola”.

8 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"Do you have any pets, A.K.?" 

Daring Do: Sort of. I have an Zebrican Grey parrot that lives at my family’s Estate. His name is Grail, and he’s actually my late father’s pet. I don’t have time to take care of an animal, but I just couldn’t get rid of him, so I hired caretakers for him. They send me letters with updates and photos of him... *holds up a picture of Grail being all floofy*

Ahuizotl: Aww, que lindo.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

27 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Sort of. I have an Zebrican Grey parrot that lives at my family’s Estate. His name is Grail, and he’s actually my late father’s pet. I don’t have time to take care of an animal, but I just couldn’t get rid of him, so I hired caretakers for him. They send me letters with updates and photos of him... *holds up a picture of Grail being all floofy*

*Squee's at the floofyness*  Neat! Does Grail do any tricks? :squee:

Quick question Daring, why pass your adventures off as fiction? Why not claim they’re true accounts (which they are) but still keep the disguise going? A.K. Yearling could still be Daring Do’s biographer instead of her creator.

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

*Squee's at the floofyness*  Neat! Does Grail do any tricks? :squee:

Daring Do: He does! He’s a very smart bird. He can talk of course. If I point my hoof at him and go, “bang”, he’ll flop over on his back. He likes to play peek-a-boo, even when I don’t start it. Oh, and if you do that trick where you hide a toy under some cups, and swap them around, he can usually find the toy first try.

8 minutes ago, Steel Accord said:

Quick question Daring, why pass your adventures off as fiction? Why not claim they’re true accounts (which they are) but still keep the disguise going? A.K. Yearling could still be Daring Do’s biographer instead of her creator.

Daring Do: Honestly, because it creates an extra degree of separation from my two lives. No one is going to come up and pester me to introduce them to Daring Do, because to them, she’s as real as Shadow Spade.

• Brohoof 1