Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Ask Daring Do, Ahuizotl, and Dr. Caballeron

ShadOBabe

(edited)
9 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

You pay your henchponies? :o

How much? :ticking:

Dr. Caballeron: Of course! You think they are going on expeditions for their cardio? I pay pretty well actually. I get the biggest portion of the course, as I organize everything, but currently, we split profits with 31% going to me, and 23% to each of my henchponies.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Dr. Caballeron: Of course! You think they going on expeditions for their cardio? I pay pretty well actually. I get the biggest portion of the course, as I organize everything, but currently, we split profits with 31% going to me, and 23% to each of my henchponies.

What a great "evil mastermind" of a boss, you are. :kindness:

Do you think Daring Do is jealous of your success & that's why she paints you in such a "menacing" light? 

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

What a great "evil mastermind" of a boss, you are. :kindness:

Do you think Daring Do is jealous of your success & that's why she paints you in such a "menacing" light? 

Dr. Caballeron: Haha! As much as I appreciate the compliment, it es merely smart business. You get what you pay for. Cheap help equals cheap results. More to the point, I you may be onto something...

Daring Do: *reclining against Ahuizotl, who has curled up for a catnap* Yep, you got me Caballeron. As I write my best selling book series from my family's estate, occasionally glancing up at my Literary degree from Pranceston University, I am WRACKED with intense jealousy for your unscrupulous life of black market smuggling.

Ahuizotl: ZzZzZz...

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: *reclining against Ahuizotl, who has curled up for a catnap* Yep, you got me Caballeron. As I write my best selling book series from my family's estate, occasionally glancing up at my Literary degree from Pranceston University, I am WRACKED with intense jealousy for your unscrupulous life of black market smuggling.

Have you ever played, "Lana Clop: Grave Pilferer"?

1 minute ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Have you ever played, "Lana Clop: Grave Pilferer"?

(Heehee, I see you've picked up on the Tomb Raider vibes I put into Daring...)

Daring Do: Lara Clop? Is that a fan game? I though the series was called Lara DRAFT: Crypt Looter? To be fair, I don't play a lot of video games. I do remember you kill a LOT of endangered animals though...

• Brohoof 1

Just now, ShadOBabe said:

(Heehee, I see you've picked up on the Tomb Raider vibes I put into Daring...)

Daring Do: Lara Clop? Is that a fan game? I though the series was called Lara DRAFT: Crypt Looter? To be fair, I don't play a lot of video games. I do remember you kill a LOT of endangered animals though...

(:mlp_smug:)

That's "Second Draft: The Final Revision", have you ever read the first book in that series, "First Draft: Writers Block"?

2 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

(:mlp_smug:)

That's "Second Draft: The Final Revision", have you ever read the first book in that series, "First Draft: Writers Block"?

(Lol, I was using draft as a pun on "draft horse". Also has three of the letters "Croft" does. Not sure if I get this reference though. XD)

Daring Do: I have not. I read a lot of writing textbooks in university, but that's a new one for me.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ShadOBabe said:

(Lol, I was using draft as a pun on "draft horse". Also has three of the letters "Croft" does. Not sure if I get this reference though. XD)

Daring Do: I have not. I read a lot of writing textbooks in university, but that's a new one for me.

(I meant draft as in writing a first draft of something.)

Now that a majority of Equestria knows who you are, why don't you travel Equestria giving talks about your adventures?

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

(I meant draft as in writing a first draft of something.)

Now that a majority of Equestria knows who you are, why don't you travel Equestria giving talks about your adventures?

(no I got that, but I didn't recognize the books you were referencing)

Daring Do: Definitely not. I took the A.K. Yearling penname so I wouldn't have to deal with celebrity status in my day-to-day life. I prefer most of the population thinking I'm just a kid's literature character. The majority actually still believes that. I've been getting a lot of fan mail from ponies ragging on how dumb they think the "she's a real pony rumor" is. That line came from Dr. Caballeron, who is also thought to be fictional, not "Groom Q.Q. Martingale". So ponies are just interpretting it as "well yeah, one fictional character WOULD say that the other is real".

• Brohoof 1

(no I got that, but I didn't recognize the books you were referencing)

(I wasn't referencing anything in particular. I made those up. :twismile:)

2 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Definitely not. I took the A.K. Yearling penname so I wouldn't have to deal with celebrity status in my day-to-day life. I prefer most of the population thinking I'm just a kid's literature character. The majority actually still believes that. I've been getting a lot of fan mail from ponies ragging on how dumb they think the "she's a real pony rumor" is. That line came from Dr. Caballeron, who is also thought to be fictional, not "Groom Q.Q. Martingale". So ponies are just interpretting it as "well yeah, one fictional character WOULD say that the other is real".

So, signing autographs at conventions is a "no", too? 

• Brohoof 1

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

(I wasn't referencing anything in particular. I made those up. :twismile:)

So, signing autographs at conventions is a "no", too? 

Daring Do: Ehhh, I RARELY visit conventions. When I do, I do sign autographs, but they're all as "A.K. Yearling".

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Ehhh, I RARELY visit conventions. When I do, I do sign autographs, but they're all as "A.K. Yearling".

"How do you expect fans to sell them on eHay if you put your real name on them?" :orly:

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"How do you expect fans to sell them on eHay if you put your real name on them?" :orly:

Daring Do: Heh, not sure how to answer that. But this is a good opportunity to just state for the record that "Daring Do" is, in fact, my birth name. I've known some people from your world that think "A.K. Yearling" is my birth name, while Daring Do is like a super hero alias. It's not.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

8 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Heh, not sure how to answer that. But this is a good opportunity to just state for the record that "Daring Do" is, in fact, my birth name. I've known some people from your world that think "A.K. Yearling" is my birth name, while Daring Do is like a super hero alias. It's not.

Wow! That was an unexpected reveal. :wacko:

Hmm..."How did you earn your Cutie Mark"?

(edited)
15 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wow! That was an unexpected reveal. :wacko:

Hmm..."How did you earn your Cutie Mark"?

Daring Do: It's thanks to my uncle, Gallant True. Or as I used to call him as a filly, "Uncle Adventure" or "Uncle Ad". When he would come to visit, he would set up special treasure hunts and little mysteries for me to solve. I'd run all over the estate, solving riddles and putting together clues, that would all eventually lead to some treasure my uncle had stashed.

But I did that many times, and while I loved it, my cutie mark didn't show up. It was just a fun game, not a passion. Until one specific treasure hunt, where I took a wrong turn looking for my next clue. I got lost, and eventually fell through a hole hidden in the undergrowth. I came tumbling to a stop and when my head stopped spinning, I looked around to see where I was. I was in a small underground cave, little crystals dotting the walls and water leaking down from the ceiling. And most incredibly, I found pre-Equestrian pottery shards and arrowheads.

I scrambled back up the way I came and ran-flew-hopped home to tell everyone what I had found. Wasn't until tell that I found out I'd gotten my cutie mark.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

11 hours ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: It's thanks to my uncle, Gallant True. Or as I used to call him as a filly, "Uncle Adventure" or "Uncle Ad". When he would come to visit, he would set up special treasure hunts and little mysteries for me to solve. I'd run all over the estate, solving riddles and putting together clues, that would all eventually lead to some treasure my uncle had stashed.

But I did that many times, and while I loved it, my cutie mark didn't show up. It was just a fun game, not a passion. Until one specific treasure hunt, where I took a wrong turn looking for my next clue. I got lost, and eventually fell through a hole hidden in the undergrowth. I came tumbling to a stop and when my head stopped spinning, I looked around to see where I was. I was in a small underground cave, little crystals dotting the walls and water leaking down from the ceiling. And most incredibly, I found pre-Equestrian pattery shards and arrowheads.

I scrambled back up the way I came and ran-flew-hopped home to tell everyone what I had found. Wasn't until tell that I found out I'd gotten my cutie mark.

Wow that sounds like quite the adventure. Did you use parts of it in any of your books? :ooh:

Edited by Sparklefan1234
  • Brohoof 1

(edited)
3 hours ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Wow that sounds like quite the adventure. Did you use parts of it in any of your books? :ooh:

Daring Do: I did actually. Cutie marks are a near universal part of the pony experience, so most fictional characters eventually explain how they got theirs. As A.K. Yearling I’ve actually been approached by publishers asking if I would be interested in writing story books for even younger foals from the perspective of a filly Daring Do. It’s a cute idea honestly. I might actually consider it.

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

Daring Do: I did actually. Cutie marks are a near universal part of the pony experience, so most fictional characters eventually explain how they got there’s. As A.K. Yearling I’ve actually been approached by publishers asking if I would be interested in writing story books for even younger foals from the perspective of a filly Daring Do. It’s a cute idea honestly. I might actually consider it.

"What about a gritty movie adaptation starring the decades most popular actress & her talking anthropomorphic sidekick?" :mlp_icwudt:

4 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

"What about a gritty movie adaptation starring the decades most popular actress & her talking anthropomorphic sidekick?" :mlp_icwudt:

Daring Do: Hahaha!! You know what? That actually sounds great. It would be hysterical to watch a film interpretation of what I’m like in the eyes of Fillywood. And if history is anything to go by, the stink my fans put up will be absolutely LEGENDARY. But instead of a talking animal sidekick, how about some kind of artifact that I discover that talks throughout the ENTIRE film? *cracks up*

• Brohoof 1

7 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Daring Do: Hahaha!! You know what? That actually sounds great. It would be hysterical to watch a film interpretation of what I’m like in the eyes of Fillywood. And if history is anything to go by, the stink my fans put up will be absolutely LEGENDARY. But instead of a talking animal sidekick, how about some kind of artifact that I discover that talks throughout the ENTIRE film? *cracks up*

(John Cleese to play the artifact or I'm not bothering. :P

"How would you feel about the film being animated?" 

(edited)
11 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

(John Cleese to play the artifact or I'm not bothering. :P

"How would you feel about the film being animated?" 

Daring Do: It would actually probably work even better that way. Appeals more to my main fanbase of kids and teens. And the adults that like my books are likely not the kind of ponies that look down on animation as an art form. Also Ahuizotl would look less out of place since everything would be animated, and not live action with a CGI version of him.

Ahuizotl: *ears perk up slightly at hearing his name, but continues napping* ZzZzZz...

Edit: Said “people” instead of “ponies”... SACRILEGE!! XD

Edited by ShadOBabe
  • Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Sparklefan1234 said:

Auhizotl, are you part lazy cat? :P

Ahuizotl: *wakes up more and gets less saucy* I suppose you could say I am part-cat. In the same way you could say a griffon es part-bird.

• Brohoof 1

9 minutes ago, ShadOBabe said:

Ahuizotl: *wakes up more and gets less saucy* I suppose you could say I am part-cat. In the same way you could say a griffon es part-bird.

"Have you ever wanted to fly like a griffon?"