Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

8 Years and counting - Happy Birthday MLPForums

Jeric

A very special shout out to my best friend on the forums: @Tacodidra!

He has been my greatest friend on here ever since I joined a year ago. He is always so awesome and friendly and amazing and I am so happy to know someone as awesome as him. Pretty much everyone else is my awesome friends too, but Taco is my absolute best friend!

He deserves the warmest of hugs and the widest of smiles, because he always brings a smile to my heart!

So Taco, my awesome friend, thank you... for everything!

IMG_1219.thumb.PNG.469868cac32f295260bce40ffca2b0fa.PNG

• Brohoof 4

Happy birthday MLPF and thank you for making a place where all of us could chat about the show and build new relationships. I may not be online anywhere as often as I once did, but this place still is very close to my heart.

Thank you MLPF. :wub:

• Brohoof 1

Of course this occurs when I am stuck in bed! D:

Well, I feel like I've said this before, but I really don't know where I would be without this community. By the time I got here I had grown apart from most of the previous friends I made back in the early 2000s on an old Spyro forum, and had also left the FurAffinity forums after not really connecting with anyone. I did join PonySquare for a time, but didn't have many connections from there after some time there. Then I can here and...

...well, for one, I found my girlfriend and my one true love @Bakugou Is My Man ❤! Never thought I would find a romantic connection again and...I just love her so much. <3

I've also made a few friends for life! People like @Jer, @Troblems, @Crecious, @~C. Discord~, @FancyHorse, @Dark Horse, and others.

I really don't know what I would be today without these people; you mean so much to me! I'm sorry if I didn't mention everyone! ;_;

Happy anniversary MLPF!!!!

• Brohoof 3

5 minutes ago, Bas said:

We didn't have much interaction yet TBH, but you seem to be like a handy guy to have around!

Gee thanks.

5ab15e5836f13_Thorax_grinning_widely_S7E15(1).thumb.png.0a3d4a06c45ea292438ffea74046bd64.png

• Brohoof 2

16 minutes ago, Bas said:

OK, since the rules of this topic seems to have changed, I will just add a couple of current users I interacted with and remember for different things, and trying to write a  sentence about each. I mean...how many could they are?

Maybe I slightly group them.

The personal interactions, socials, emotional, the ones I relate to mentally;

@FFF @Muffinnz (Try to spell that one "correctly" for mentioning ._.) @Kyoshi @Phasereale @TheRockARooster @Ganondorf8- Life isn't always easy, but worth going on. Whatever might scare you...I BELIEVE YOU CAN OVERCOME IT ❤️. Feel free to hit me up if you just want to talk.

The ones I am  looking for advice and always forward to talk when something bothers me mentally:

CHOOSING ONE RANDOMLY especially recently...no, I am not putting one over the others. They all provided great support for me, esp. when I needed it!

@PathfinderCS  @LadyMercury @skysweep

The ones I am looking for talking and seeing as equal as well...idk, just compare and look how their life is going, you could say somewhat my...peers:

@BornAgainBrony @ShadOBabe @Sweet Palette @Treeglow Flicker @The Historian @Etched Daydream @Dark Qiviut @quinch

@Envy @Rocco @CinnamonSwirl

@Shiki - Please don't change your nicknames again or I won't recognize you again. :) Also...I really liked the first avatar you used when I first saw you methinks.

@Thuja - You are the guy who seems to be always so relaxed and lay back to me!

@Twisted Cyclone - Enjoyed the recent chats at discord. :)

@Splashee - The new one in this group and I also interacted quite a lot with! ❤️

icky @Etched Daydream - Bite me! Or better not, sharkponies got the teeth. :(You will always be Scarlet Rose to me (i believe that was the nick at that time)

Kindness over 9000! ❤️ here they are:

@Totally Lyra @PartialShriek514 @Fasu

@Rikifive @KH7672 - Kind, technical interest like me, and even sharing some loved games!

The chit-chatters and status updaters, vivid people! :P:

@qwerE - Heh, not fully fitting into this group. I think one of the first users I interacted with, blasted hat and a coder.

@Scar/Califorum @Cash In @Renegade the Unicorn @Prospekt @Phosphor @Heir to the Monado

@Sparklefan1234 @Tacodidra

@Lucky Bat @Cyclone1066 @Misty Breeze @Meemayfox (Sausage Party? :bedeyes:) @Dawn-Sunlight  @ultrairongorilla

@Wolf Guide - We didn't have much interaction yet TBH, but you seem to be like a handy guy to have around!

@Bakugou Is My Man ❤ - Has cats and likes anime. Nuff said.

@Spooky Emerald @Light Blade  @Heir to the Monado @CosmicSpark @DripMoondrop @DivineFear1000  @AlexanderThrond@Divine plywood@EpicEnergy

Carefree talk about the random, simple things in life, and giving positivity to others!

The cute OCs:
@Envy @Lil'Cinnamon @Sweet Palette

The Magic cards crew:

@Trix or Treat

@dawn sunchaser

The German - or German speaking buddies:

@SparklingCaps - Cultural exchange, and feel free to hit me up for anything German or Germany related - but you guess just use for BF for that.

@Deae Rising Shine~

@DasSwirlschen

The debaters:

@Spooky Brony 42 @Jedishy

Some artists:

@valtarart

@IronM17

...oopsy. :please:

Wow. This really shows how many people are here and I interacted with! ❤️

Don't feel excluded if I didn't mention you!

Everyone for a different things...that's really wow. Like a lot.

Only 62 mentions. :blush:

Of course, I will loose my mind if IPB just says now oopsy your post is gone lol pls write again thx.

Awww! Thanks!

I like chatting with you too, @Bas

To anyone who has mentioned me, thank you, I feel incredibly honored that you would think of me.

I don’t generally like to post in threads like this because I feel like I’m either going to miss someone, overdo it, or misconstrue relationships. So rather than make a massive list, I’ll keep it short. Everyone that I met at BronyCon is incredible. You’re all great. I appreciate every single one of you, and especially the ones that said I’m not as intimidating as you thought I might be. The term “ice queen” has been used many a time to describe me. Eesh.

So this person didn’t get to go to BronyCon, but I would have loved to have seen her. @Bakugou Is My Man ❤. She’s seen so much growth and I appreciate her so much, even if I don’t know her that well, I watch from afar as I always do, and you’re doing so well. I’m truly impressed.

There’s a few more I want to call out specifically. My three people, @Creamy Arty, @PathfinderCS, and @Jer. All three of you saw me cry. And it was 100% worth it. Love all three of you, in the most platonic fashion imaginable.

One final shout out, I only spoke to her once, but @Just Jessi. I wish I knew her better. She was a good lady. And to Jer’s kids. I know they lurk, but I don’t know their forum names, and I adore them. 

Edit because I’m a goof, and shouldn’t type when tired and in pain, all of the MLPF staff, you’re amazing. A couple of people that were at BronyCon that I met, and an extra shout out to @Odyssey for being just the coolest darn goose around, and @Batbrony for being cool with letting me blather about anime.

• Brohoof 4

On 10/3/2019 at 1:29 PM, SparklingCaps said:

The MLP wiki crew, my first friends: @The Mystical Writer @Blue Snowfire  @CandleCandleCandles

I wonder what happen those three...Well I wondered what happened to @Naiya The Brony, as well.

There was @MJNSEIFER who at the time had gave me some help to stay in contact with the wiki at the time. 

Also making a shout out to @LeafFerret.

Though I kind of wish I have interacted with more than people from the wiki here.

Edited by Prince Doopliss
  • Brohoof 2

15 hours ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

A lot of history for me in this place. Though most regulars of today won't remember me (I was gone from late 15' to 18'), I put more than my share of time and energy into helping look after this community. Years later, I'm humbled and happy to see that it's mellowed into something that retains the sense of community that I saw when I first joined in '12.

Happy birthday, MLPF.

You're still my forum BBFFF, @~C. Discord~. I think you were an admin while I was a mod, but correct me if memory fails. Still love ya! :mlp_grin:

On 10/4/2019 at 2:09 PM, Dark Qiviut said:

Well, how time flies! :P This "oldbie" has been on the MLPF since mid-season 2 in 2012. During that time, I became one of the loudest haters of EQG (tho it's apathy instead of hate these days for this spinoff), Fame & Misfortune, Princess Spike, and the EQG Holiday Special comic, and then one of the loudest supporters of Season 8, Starlight (plus her reformation), FIM's post-S4 direction, and Shadow Play. During that time, I became a prolific FIM reviewer. Whereas the reviewer/analysis community here shrunk, I stuck around, refined my craft, gained better understanding of some episodes I was more cynical towards (i.e., Look Before You Sleep), and shed my more negative, caustic shell despite writing an occasional negative review still.

During my time, I gained quite a few friends, and at BronyCon this year, many of those same people I met face to face IRL. Folks such as @~C. Discord~ and @Creamy Arty I met before, but @Dark Horse, @Egg-3, @Jedishy, @PathfinderCS, @skysweep, @Jer, @Troblems, @Spooky Brony 42, @Denim&Venom, @Dynamo Pad, @Senko, @BornAgainBrony, @Soren Peregrine, and (the Man!) @Randimaxis I met for the first time. ( @Nas, I think we met before, but I don't fully recall now; either way, you're really cool. :P )

I wanna give a big shoutout to some of those who I don't see too often anymore on here, but are all awesome people: @Nyactis Mewcis Catlum, @MLPFanatic34, @Captain Clark, @Wind Chaser, @Nuke87654, @Guest90210, @Miles, @DryGuy84 (Inactive), @DND, @Batbrony, @TailsIsNotAlone, @Wingnut, @Gone Airbourne, @Dolphanatic, @Captain Whirlwind, @Eloquence, @Cleverclover, @Hibiki Kuze, and @Querch.

And I wanna give another big shoutout to a bunch of other great friends in this forum: @Mesme Rize, @ShadOBabe, @Tacodidra, @Sparklefan1234, @Cash In, @Cwanky, @ChB, @Renegade the Unicorn, @PoisonClaw, @VG_Addict, @ggg-2, @Snow, @Meemayfox, @TheRockARooster, @Wolf Guide, @Nightmare Recherche, @Twilight Luna, @Kyoshi, @Bas, @Phosphor, @Anti-Villain, @Passion, @Fhaolan, @strongwilled_pegasus, @TheAnimationFanatic, @Buttonmash1973, @Sunny Fox, @Ganondox, @Frostgage, @Music Chart Fan, @Justin_Case001, @Lightwing, @Odyssey, @KH7672, @Lambdadelta, @Alexshy, @Adamgreen (happy birthday! :D), @Truffles, @OptimisticNeighsayer, @Dark Rider, and @Angus Delaney.

I apologize for missing some folks.

It's been a fun seven and a half years since joining here. I intend to stay. Happy 8th birthday, MLPF! :yay:

Right back at ya, @Dark Qiviut, ya lug. ;) We've had our disagreements in the past, but where I'm not actively disagreeing with you, I tend to be nodding in complete agreement 90% of the time. (90% of the time, it works every time). PS - Sunset Shimmer pwns Starlight Glimmer (what, what?) :D

Myself, I joined in March of 2012 (literally the day after DQ, as it turns out - wow! :blink:) and I've had a ball here ever since. I was a contentious member at first, but I chilled out and even became a Moderator for a while (what were you guys even thinking?! :P). Lately, I've been more Believer than Brony, but hey, liking one doesn't mean I have to like the other less, right? Right.)

Hell, I still think sometimes think I should get my ol' blog out of the mothballs, blow off the dust and cobwebs and review every Celestia-damned episode, spin-off and comic this phenomenon we call "Friendship is Magic" has ever produced. Because whether it ultimately worked or otherwise, it had some freakin' amazing talent behind it and it deserves to be a classic, talked about for decades to come.

PPS - Don't mind the smiley to sentence quota, I'm just trying to distance myself from these emotions...:(

tl;dr - it's been a wild ride, and I feel priviledged to have been a part of it.

• Brohoof 3

Special shout out to @Phosphor, @TBD and @Tacodidra. You all have been great friends to me over the past year, and cannot wait share many more awesome years of MLPF with all of you! :mlp_yeehaa:

And also a shout out to remember some of my favourite users who've left the forums:

@lyrabetes3939, @Midnight Solace and @Dashiefan50

Really miss you guys and hope you will return one day. :(

• Brohoof 5

3 hours ago, Batoloratura said:

Special shout out to @Phosphor, @TBD and @Tacodidra. You all have been great friends to me over the past year, and cannot wait share many more awesome years of MLPF with all of you! :mlp_yeehaa:

same goes for you! You have been great in participating in  the game forum too,  my friend :mlp_smug:

• Brohoof 1

A shame I joined really late. But i’ve Lurked MLP Forums several years back. And it’s thanks to this show I met and bonded with my best friends of all time. And I wish a happy birthday to this wonderful site and community I hope I’ll be able to make new friends here to. And I hope we’ll be for each other when the grand finale of MLP FIM arrives 1E8E3825-B0A9-42DD-8FD0-E1EB41B8BCD5-270

• Brohoof 7

It's a shame that the show itself is ending but the forums will still be alive and kicking, at least. It's been 7 years since I first joined this forum and even though my activity has been on the on & off side, things has been doing well, even though there are notable people like @Arylett Charnoa who was quite nice years before despite sparse activity. Just thought I'd give a shoutout is all.

• Brohoof 2

23 hours ago, Prince Doopliss said:

I wonder what happen those three...Well I wondered what happened to @Naiya The Brony, as well.

There was @MJNSEIFER who at the time had gave me some help to stay in contact with the wiki at the time. 

Also making a shout out to @LeafFerret.

Though I kind of wish I have interacted with more than people from the wiki here.

Imma here, just barely active.

I did forget to mention one person; someone who is also very special to me and I'm sick that I didn't them in the previous post. Considering how much we talk that was inexcusable.

Sorry @Zero; my bad totally. <3

• Brohoof 3

5 hours ago, Bas said:

AND THE ALMIGHTY; JUST-HAS-RETURNED, WELCOME HERE THE GREAT, POPULAR AND ALMIGHTY @Kevin Tang

You are like the most eager-to-learn-for-knowledge youth/pupil I know on board, for sure! Especially when it comes to languages, I believe.

Don't be exagerating, I'm not even popular.... :please:

But yeah, here I am, still acquiring new knowledge and learning till the sun sets for the best future

Had a great time here at the RFC back then ghostface and Obsidian made it possible. lot has changed since then but those times will always hold a special place in my history.

Like i said lot has changed and many things were learned but it was for good. 

Its because of this place that i am who i am today. 

• Brohoof 1

Ok so, MLPF....

8 years do sound really long right?

I can't consider myself as a veteran or something similar and I acknowledge that I'm not really as active as I used to nowadays, but what I know is that this place has given me a lot of social interactions and life lessons. And I feel grateful to be a part of this community

Back in 2017, when I was still a new brony, I felt really weird for liking this show. But that's until you all showed that it's ok to like something different and there is nothing wrong on doing so (although it was my mom that really made me came out from the closet :adorkable:)

Anyways, this place also taught me how to behave better on the internet and increased my awareness with my words. I couldn't thank more for that!

And now, some people that played a major part during my time here :
- @Haunt-A-Brony for being one of the first kind people who greeted me upon my arrival here. You are also a nice and interesting friend and I'm grateful to have you in my friendship circle. Wish you the best for your future and stay awesome!

- @Tacodidra for being a kind person that makes me never feel alone, as he literally checks everyone's status updates and posts everyday. You are one of those people who really brings smile to my face. Keep spreading kindness and have a nice day!

- @Rikifive for being a really helpful person! Most of our interaction might not happen directly inside the forum, but I know you from this place so it counts. Your help and feedbacks are really helpful as it makes improving easier for me. Thank you! Your assistance is appreciated.

Also several other people that I've met and interacted with, like @Sherbert MGS, @Splashee, and @Bas. Thank you for your kindness and friendliness!

And finally, other forum members that I forgot, sorry about that, I just couldn't remember all of you, since I rarely interact nowadays and my memory is pretty much getting more and more vague. But what I know is that this place is full of kind, helpful, and friendly people which is a characteristic that I won't always find in other communities!

Thank you MLPForums!

(Ok, that's all! Sorry if it sounds a bit too repetitive, especially at the end. School was tiring today and I can't think clearly right now, so sorry if I made any mistakesin my words!)

• Brohoof 3

• This topic was unfeatured and unpinned
On 10/6/2019 at 10:53 AM, PathfinderCS said:

I did forget to mention one person; someone who is also very special to me and I'm sick that I didn't them in the previous post. Considering how much we talk that was inexcusable.

Sorry @Zero; my bad totally. <3

it's all good, thank you for mentioning me, you're a wonderful person! <3

also the forums allowed me to reconnect with an irl friend I lost contact with ( @Najenda ) so that's really neat!

Probably the chillest site that I have engaged in when it comes to online activity and the one I have been most active rather than anywhere else. 

Cheers to @Lightwing, @Kamii, @Buzz and @Bojo.  

Also @Fluttershyfan94 and @Twiggy yo mah dudes. 

No other attachments were formed, perhaps due to not getting out there or spending more time here, sorry~

• Brohoof 3

1 hour ago, Bas said:

HUGS TO THE ALKINDLY @SkyPie

You thought to be having been forgotten forever, didn't you?

You are a kind and nice person to others! ❤️

Wow, this came as a surprise. :o Thank you so much! :wub: I really appreciate it! :kindness:

• Brohoof 1

I've been on here for some time now although not that active although have had my reasons this is the site that has given me many of my fondest memories the people I've met here have all been incredible some of which have become my very best friends. @The Dandy Is one of them, remember Feld0 sorry bro never did donate to the site like I promised though. @Alastor Thank you my dude for the mention, you're a great friend of mine. @Luminance, @Denim&VenomBrechard and Eureka man I haven't heard from Eureka for years now. Many more great friends I had on here but your usernames sometimes are another now so sorry if I didn't mention you though I've had so many friends on here. Love you all, you were all there for me during my toughest moments the times where I felt I wanted to give up you were always here for me and this what I love and do love about this community, this forum and the fandom. Natasha I also feel I should mention I was very inspired by your banner that I'm posting here rest in peace Natasha. 

I've never been as involved in a community other then the car community like this one and I love it.

PPmXaQv.png

• Brohoof 3