Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

How's your physical health?

Reecejackox

At this exact moment I’m wearing a Holter monitor on my chest to track my heart rate. I don’t think a slow heart rate is the problem but hopefully I can tick that one off the list once I get this blasted device off me in the morning.

• 1 year later...

Hard to put my finger on it. I don't want to say "bad", because a lot of things are fine and I'm not in a hospital or anything. Alas, I have some health issues that aren't expected at my age, arthritis being one of them. Before it was treated, I was very miserable, and at my lowest point was suicidal (after a surgery that didn't fix the issue - because we didn't know it was arthritis at that point). Even treated, I'm still limited. It's hard to put that in words, it's different from before it was treated, but I do still avoid being on my feet much because it does still flare up (even though it is different and resides much faster).

I'm also a bit overweight. People laugh at me when I say that because apparently I don't look it? I kinda get that, but I already have some features of my body I dislike, like wide shoulders, so I'm VERY sensitive about my size. I am truthfully overweight, my doctor has acknowledged it and started me on medication and I am trying my best to change my diet for the best... It is a struggle.

Overall, I am trying to take better care of myself than I ever have. I have made great strides - went to the doctor about my ears after being scared for nearly two decades that something was horribly wrong and found out that perhaps it isn't and got cleared to return to playing music. And...Hey, I'm doing a lot better than I was in 2018 and 2019. Soooo much better. The misery of that pre-treatment time for my arthritis... I'm so unbelievably happy that's been treated.

• 1 month later...