Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM season 10

Steve Piranha

No, it’s not a joke. No, it’s not a wishful thinking. No, it’s not a a false hope. We’ll get some season 10 of horse... at least in comic form. At least that’s how IDW is marketing it’s next series of pony comics. 

https://www.equestriadaily.com/2019/10/idw-my-little-pony-season-10-comic.html

intereting, it will start at April 2020. Funny, because I was expecting pony comics to END by then :mlp_yeehaa:

Edited by Steve Piranha
  • Brohoof 6

6 minutes ago, BastementSparkle said:

Something like that, yeah.

Thanks for helping me ^^

It's been a really long time not reading the comics. Maybe it will be a good time for it again :squee:

Edited by jorge123esp

Hot take: I actually have more faith in the comics than the show at this point.

Hell they managed to salvage RD’s Wonderbolts arc where the show set it out to die

Well, call me a hound dog. I once thought the comics would end with the show, and even when I learned they wouldn't, I was not expecting this. A Season 10 for the show is something I would've liked, not desperately longed for, but I do love that the comics can now make what fans wanted but didn't get to see come to life. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 1

I've seen this coming for a while now.

Andy Price and Tony Fleecs did announce they had a script waiting for them following BronyCon. 

Even then I didn't think it'd go as far as to officially be Season X (yes that's what I'm gonna call it because it sounds cool). Now with no mandates or guidelines from the show staff, I can only wonder what the IDW crew will concoct now that the reigns have been taken off. 

Though I wonder if this also extends to EQG. Fingers crossed that we get a graduation special and answers about human Sunset. 

• Brohoof 4

Well, that's a surprise. I hope I can access to these comics in ebook form and I don't necessarily have to read all the comics that were already released to enjoy this new comic continuation 

• Brohoof 1

(edited)
32 minutes ago, Ganondorf8 said:

This will either be a success or a failure depending on how it's handled and how fans respond to it.

I’ll be happy as long as they don’t get some woke BS in it as their Adams Family is heading to

edit: I’m wondering if DHX had a script for a tenth season in case they were going to make it :huh:? If that’s the case, I’d love if they handed it to IDW and see how they can work with it. Anyway, I’d like an overarching plot, possibly with a.... “certain” villain and bring some backstory. I’d ABSOLUTELY LOVE having rabbit and bat horses as well :unamused:

additionally, this is quite a surprise. Not as much for an official tenth season despite the change of staff, company, and medium, but to keep seeing FIM way past than I expected. It kinda brings me hope the second special mentioned in the leaks two years ago has not been cancelled :yay:

Edited by Steve Piranha

9 minutes ago, Oleks said:

So, they are doing what Adventure Time has done recently. I'm fine with that. One more reason for me to catch up on the comics.

Speaking of wish, I haven’t bought horse comics in a while, plus I got some I haven’t began reading  :muffins:

2 hours ago, BastementSparkle said:

I'm curious about if these are going to keep the rest of the continuity from the comics as much as possible, or if they're just going to mostly ignore them and just start fresh to keep continuity from the show itself and nothing else.

I imagine much as always, they'll treat everything that happened in the comics as true except where it's been contradicted in the show. It's the same production team after all.

I expect to ignore them like the rest of the comics so far, but who knows, they might surprise me.

I wonder if they'll get as far as Season 11 or 12?

1 hour ago, Latecomer said:

I imagine much as always, they'll treat everything that happened in the comics as true except where it's been contradicted in the show. It's the same production team after all.

I expect to ignore them like the rest of the comics so far, but who knows, they might surprise me.

I wonder if they'll get as far as Season 11 or 12?

I think they’ll get to season 11 at most. 2021 is the year we know G5 is premiering, and I’m expecting Hasbro to start promoting it in advance

I REALLY hope these can live up to our expectations and answer our unanswered questions! This is probably our last chance to get stuff like Zecora's backstory and Spike's origins! Hopefully that "over arching story arc" will be super exciting and be well-organized! 

• Brohoof 1

3 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

I REALLY hope these can live up to our expectations and answer our unanswered questions! This is probably our last chance to get stuff like Zecora's backstory and Spike's origins! Hopefully that "over arching story arc" will be super exciting and be well-organized! 

Please don't get your hopes up too much for specific things like that. The comics team may not have any interest in them.