Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

FIM season 10

Steve Piranha

2 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

Please don't get your hopes up too much for specific things like that. The comics team may not have any interest in them.

Season 10 might not be the ONLY season comic! If we're gonna have a chance to finally get unanswered questions answered, now is the best chance to do it! The series is given another chance, one that could very well be limited! It must not be wasted!

Besides, IDW still has their original comic series that could also very well answer our questions! They have soooooo many chances to do this! Why waste them?

Edited by FlareGun45
  • Brohoof 1

Just now, FlareGun45 said:

Season 10 might not be the ONLY season comic! If we're gonna have a chance to finally get unanswered questions answered, now is the best chance to do it! The series is given another chance, one that could very well be limited! It must not be wasted!

Besides, IDW still has their original comic series that could also very well answer our questions!

True. But some questions might not be meant to be answered.

I never really read the comics, and honestly I'm glad the show's ending after its ninth season. I can already see it deteriorating to some extent. Season 8 was an inconsistent hot mess and Season 9 is looking BETTER, but definitely not that great by MLP standards. Of course this is from somebody who's yet to see "2,4,6,8 Greaaat", and well even those biased for the last couple of seasons have really bashed on that one... :dry: 

All I will say is it's good for the fans that want an extension of the current story, and on that note, I doubt it will be considered canon.

Edited by Angus Delaney

Just now, Latecomer said:

True. But some questions might not be meant to be answered.

Zecora's backstory was a story that wanted to be touched upon on the show - Hasbro just disapproved, I guess for.... I dunno what reasons, but those reasons might not apply to the comics! And Spike's origins only didn't get touched upon cause the writers couldn't agree on a choice.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, FlareGun45 said:

Zecora's backstory was a story that wanted to be touched upon on the show - Hasbro just disapproved, I guess for.... I dunno what reasons, but those reasons might not apply to the comics! And Spike's origins only didn't get touched upon cause the writers couldn't agree on a choice.

If Hasbro doesn't want more zebras, then there won't be any. And as for Spike's backstory, I'm one of the one's who would only visit it to make clear he'll never know.

5 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

If Hasbro doesn't want more zebras, then there won't be any. And as for Spike's backstory, I'm one of the one's who would only visit it to make clear he'll never know.

How about this then: giving the fandom what they wanna see makes them more moneyzzzzz! $$$$$$ In the end, that's all it matters! ;)

1 minute ago, FlareGun45 said:

How about this then: giving the fandom what they wanna see makes them more moneyzzzzz! $$$$$$ In the end, that's all it matters! ;)

Could be. But that hardly makes for quality material.

IDW is going to have a field day. With the show ending, the comics will be as close to new canon content as the fandom will get, and it means they can go wherever they want from here, no holds barred.

It also means they're about to become even more popular. A lot of fans, probably myself, are going to start reading the comics now, since we might as well.

• Brohoof 2

1 minute ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

IDW is going to have a field day. With the show ending, the comics will be as close to new canon content as the fandom will get, and it means they can go wherever they want from here, no holds barred.

It also means they're about to become even more popular. A lot of fans, probably myself, are going to start reading the comics now, since we might as well.

They're still restricted by whatever the show establishes as an ending, plus whatever rules Hasbro sets.

5 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

They're still restricted by whatever the show establishes as an ending, plus whatever rules Hasbro sets.

Which isn't much. Hasbro is pretty lenient, and the show's ending is a pretty sized sandbox. Certainly more creative freedom than they've had while following in the show's shadow, actively trying to not delve into stories the show might just end up debunking.

• Brohoof 1

1 minute ago, ~C. Discord~ said:

Which isn't much. Hasbro is pretty lenient, and the show's ending is a pretty sized sandbox. Certainly more creative freedom than they've had while following in the show's shadow, actively trying to not delve into stories the show might just end up debunking.

Well it's not like that stopped it happening anyway. But it's true they're pretty much safe from that at this point.

On the subject of whether or not these will be show canon, I am leaning more towards them being show canon at this moment. After all, the comics already have their own canon, their own Friendship is Magic series to continue, there already exist show canon comics that recap special episodes of the show, and there is no more need to worry about new episodes of the show contradicting the comics.   

18 minutes ago, Latecomer said:

Well it's not like that stopped it happening anyway. But it's true they're pretty much safe from that at this point.

Inevitable before, impossible now, either way things are going to be more open now for them, which is my point.

2 minutes ago, CloudMistDragon said:

On the subject of whether or not these will be show canon, I am leaning more towards them being show canon at this moment. After all, the comics already have their own canon, their own Friendship is Magic series to continue, there already exist show canon comics that recap special episodes of the show, and there is no more need to worry about new episodes of the show contradicting the comics.   

But why would they not just be a continuation of the comics canon, especially if they are by the same people?

This was...unexpected. Well, I'm curious to see where this all goes. Of course, I'll probably try to get my hands on some of them when they come out.

• Brohoof 1

I may have to get a hold of these comics. Would love to see how they write the Mane 6 and CMC plus I remember they've thrown Diamond Tiara some relevance from time to time and I have been begging for that. Although I have heard the IDW crew have a disliking towards Starlight. Granted that was back during Season 6 and in the vein of the Accord arc I believe, so maybe things have gotten better for her.

Ah ok. Doesn't surprise me all that much. Even if it's canon, it will mostly be an afterthought for me.

I'll probably give it a read to check it out. It'll be like wondering what happens after Avatar and Adventure time ended :P 

• Brohoof 1

Ah so they are doing this. Hopefully previous comics isn't a nessecity to read because that is a ton to go through. Even then, I might not read this tenth season. 

I wonder if they will stretch it out like what DC did with Smallville. Extend it for seasons. And also, if they do, will run these comics even when G5 goes on? 

Also, they said that 'comics are canon unles the show says otherwise'. That should mean that this season 10 is canon right? (Unless if something contradicts that is)

Plus, will it be a continuation or like a mildly separate sequel, like a long epilogue?

Edited by Lulaypp
  • Brohoof 1

2 hours ago, VG_Addict said:

Having Season 10 be in the comics is a mistake, IMO.

The comics gave us such terrible stories as Reflections, Siege of the Crystal Empire, and Cosmos.

Well, the alternative is cancelling them when they still get readers, or restricting them to pre-coronation stories.

2 hours ago, Lulaypp said:

Also, they said that 'comics are canon unles the show says otherwise'. That should mean that this season 10 is canon right? (Unless if something contradicts that is)

I believe what they said is that it's up to the reader.

5 hours ago, Js250476 said:

I’m definitely excited for this unexpected revel. More pony is cool with me. Even if it’s via comics like Avatar and Adventure Time.

Let's hope they won't go the way of the Adventure time comics.

• Brohoof 1