Steve Piranha

Season 10 comic’s villain will be.....

Recommended Posts

Well, since we are not allowed to put spoilers in the tittle, I had to make it vague. But yes, let’s discuss the almost certainty that the villain in the upcoming season 10 comics will be Grogar. It’s almost guaranteed it will be the case. Despite the twist you are likely aware given that you are reading this in the first place, them folks at IDW have quite a lot to work with with Mr Satan Goat: personality, power, and backstory. They just need to work on elaborate how much of a direct threat he is

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Ganondox said:

Why do you think this is almost certain?

Because they want to follow a similar structure to the show’s seasons, plus with Grogar being actually Discord in the final season, yet having enough material to have some slack cut from IDW, I’m sure we’ll be seeing the real Grogar in the pages

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

I definitely hope so. That would be awesome. 

Edited by JH24

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

@Steve Piranha

I wonder how much of "Grogar" (Discord in disguise) exposition at his introduction episode in S9 premire actually does apply to the real Grogar in this continuity?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

36 minutes ago, Wolf Guide said:

@Steve Piranha

I wonder how much of "Grogar" (Discord in disguise) exposition at his introduction episode in S9 premire actually does apply to the real Grogar in this continuity?

I’d imagine Discord read the story and somehow found out to be true, or he’s ancient enough to know the veracity. After all, the bell was where it was supposed to be 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

What I'm wondering is how they're going to juxtapose having more villains after having the big finality in the show. They have to set the next comics before the future. They have to, for a bunch of reasons. (one of which being that I'm not ready to leave the ponies's present for further pony happenings, and I see the future as a glimpse but not a continuing point.)

A good frame of reference is Final Fantasy 4. It had its story happen, but then they made Final Fantasy 4 The After Years and introduced new threats.

This comic could be like MLP The After Weeks.

I'd love to see some more kirin going on too!

Edited by Toastypk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Badges

I'd love to see the real Grogar make an appearance even if it's limited to the comics given the obvious. Then again, there is that CGI movie Stephen Davis hinted at during the final minutes of the 'Decade of Pony' special so there is an opportunity there.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think King Vorak might make an interesting villain! But him being the villain would mean reformation for Tirek.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)

I hope not, he should be dead by now(I think tireks dad king vorak and and brother scorpan are dead and the reason why tirek isn't is because time works differently in tartarus, so he doesn't get older while staying there and can survive without food or water), although it has a pretty good chance of happening. Its possible there would be some made up villain(s?) out of nowhere, maybe the villain will appear only in the finale. 

Edited by Rushing cash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Rushing cash said:

I hope not, he should be dead by now(I think tireks dad king vorak and and brother scorpan are dead and the reason why tirek isn't is because time works differently in tartarus, so he doesn't get older while staying there and can survive without food or water), although it has a pretty good chance of happening. Its possible there would be some made up villain(s?) out of nowhere, maybe the villain will appear only in the finale. 

I'd rather at least Scorpan not be dead. THAT there is a waste of great story opportunities! Not only with trying to rekindle with Tirek, but perhaps a possible connection to the Tree of Harmony and/or Spike! If they found a way to bring Starswirl, I'm sure Scorpan can find his way into the present - at least in comic form, which is better than nothing. He was supposed to be in the Movie as the previous owner of the Staff of Sacanas, but he didn't make it in for some reason, so that implies he's still out there!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

I'd rather at least Scorpan not be dead. THAT there is a waste of great story opportunities! Not only with trying to rekindle with Tirek, but perhaps a possible connection to the Tree of Harmony and/or Spike! If they found a way to bring Starswirl, I'm sure Scorpan can find his way into the present - at least in comic form, which is better than nothing. He was supposed to be in the Movie as the previous owner of the Staff of Sacanas, but he didn't make it in for some reason, so that implies he's still out there!

Well, I disagree with this, if they bring scorpan it will probably also mean reformation for tirek, and I don't really like the idea of so many creatures capable of living for thousands of years, alicorns and dragons are enough. And regarding what they wanted to do with scorpan in the movie, it didn't happen in the final version so it hasn't happened, what some writers say or think dosn't make it necessarily canon, I mean they also wanted to lightning dust have a change of heart in the wonderbolts academy and it didn't cut it to the final product and eventually she returned once again as an antagonist(which I am glad for) for example. Of course everything is possible unless it was stated otherwise, so its fans perspective on everything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Rushing cash said:

Well, I disagree with this, if they bring scorpan it will probably also mean reformation for tirek, and I don't really like the idea of so many creatures capable of living for thousands of years, alicorns and dragons are enough. And regarding what they wanted to do with scorpan in the movie, it didn't happen in the final version so it hasn't happened, what some writers say or think dosn't make it necessarily canon, I mean they also wanted to lightning dust have a change of heart in the wonderbolts academy and it didn't cut it to the final product and eventually she returned once again as an antagonist(which I am glad for) for example. Of course everything is possible unless it was stated otherwise, so its fans perspective on everything.

That's not true! Scorpan appearing does not hafta mean reformation for Tirek! Scorpan can fail, but only this time, he would volunteer to turn himself into stone next to Tirek, in hopes that it will make amends with him in the future, cause he wouldn't abandon him this time.

Too each their own though! I'm sure there are ways for Scorpan to be involved without directly being in the present - like Spike finding out that he brought his egg to the ponies, or that he looked after the Tree for the Pillars after they disappeared. Still though, I'd prefer if he did come. But like I said, too each their own! ;) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

That's not true! Scorpan appearing does not hafta mean reformation for Tirek! Scorpan can fail, but only this time, he would volunteer to turn himself into stone next to Tirek, in hopes that it will make amends with him in the future, cause he wouldn't abandon him this time.

Too each their own though! I'm sure there are ways for Scorpan to be involved without directly being in the present - like Spike finding out that he brought his egg to the ponies, or that he looked after the Tree for the Pillars after they disappeared. Still though, I'd prefer if he did come. But like I said, too each their own! ;) 

Of course it doesn't mean there are no ways to include scorpan without reforming tirek, but that what the writers will most likely do. But, I think scorpan returned to his land after the fight with his brother and eventually became king and... thats it, I mean their kingdom didn't come to fight the ponies after, so maybe he changed the ways of his kingdom and they became more civil. But its just me, I understand why many people want to see scorpan, it does a lot of interesting ways to go.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Rushing cash said:

Of course it doesn't mean there are no ways to include scorpan without reforming tirek, but that what the writers will most likely do. But, I think scorpan returned to his land after the fight with his brother and eventually became king and... thats it, I mean their kingdom didn't come to fight the ponies after, so maybe he changed the ways of his kingdom and they became more civil. But its just me, I understand why many people want to see scorpan, it does a lot of interesting ways to go.

You REALLY think it would be THAT easy for Scorpan to just move on with his life after abandoning his brother? Y'think he could just waltz back home all alone without there being a problem? 

Who's to say he even returned home? The princesses mighta said that, but they're only offering their POV. Maybe Scorpan was too chicken to return home alone, and lived a life of shame.

That's why I wanna see Scorpan's story happen! We know so very little about him. And with Starswirl back into the present, why didn't he go out looking for him, or at least find out what happened to him? He went out journeying through Equestria and beyond, you'd think maybe he'd try to at least find clues of what happened to his oldest friend.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, FlareGun45 said:

You REALLY think it would be THAT easy for Scorpan to just move on with his life after abandoning his brother? Y'think he could just waltz back home all alone without there being a problem? 

Who's to say he even returned home? The princesses mighta said that, but they're only offering their POV. Maybe Scorpan was too chicken to return home alone, and lived a life of shame.

That's why I wanna see Scorpan's story happen! We know so very little about him. And with Starswirl back into the present, why didn't he go out looking for him, or at least find out what happened to him? He went out journeying through Equestria and beyond, you'd think maybe he'd try to at least find clues of what happened to his oldest friend.

I think if he didn't come back home, their father would have gone and faced off the ponies, so my head canon is that he tried to reason with his brother, but tirek was jealous of him(from what discord said it does feel like tirek was the less successful brother and so he tried to take more power to himself then his brother, its possible that they didn't have a great relationship in the first place) and went on his own once his brother "betrayed" him, eventually lost and scorpan, now a friend of the princesses leaves and returns to his home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just now, Rushing cash said:

I think if he didn't come back home, their father would have gone and faced off the ponies, so my head canon is that he tried to reason with his brother, but tirek was jealous of him(from what discord said it does feel like tirek was the less successful brother and so he tried to take more power to himself then his brother, its possible that they didn't have a great relationship in the first place) and went on his own once his brother "betrayed" him, eventually lost and scorpan, now a friend of the princesses leaves and returns to his home.

I guess that's possible, but it sounds way too simple and boring. Feels like so much more can be added to that!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, FlareGun45 said:

I guess that's possible, but it sounds way too simple and boring. Feels like so much more can be added to that!

Doesn't have to be simple or boring, it could include a sibling rivalry, proving himself to his father and maybe even taking his throne from him, I didn't think of every detail but I think its an interesting story from scorpans point of view, but it has little to do with the time the show began. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Though I do believe they'll have Grogar in the comics, it should also be pointed out that, as reported, there will also be new villains in the comics.

https://graphicpolicy.com/2019/10/11/nycc-2019-my-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-continues-with-season-10-in-comics/

I hope we'll get him in the comics too, but keep in mind that for now, nothing has been confirmed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

(edited)
30 minutes ago, Rushing cash said:

Doesn't have to be simple or boring, it could include a sibling rivalry, proving himself to his father and maybe even taking his throne from him, I didn't think of every detail but I think its an interesting story from scorpans point of view, but it has little to do with the time the show began. 

But what about the peace between the centaurs and gargoyles? Scorpan and Tirek may be brothers, but they could be step-brothers, and their parents coulda had a political marriage. Scorpan might not be the biological son of Vorak. How could a gargoyle and a centaur make a gargoyle and a centaur respectably, and not as hybrids? It wouldn't make sense.

Edited by FlareGun45

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

On 10/14/2019 at 5:43 PM, Ganondorf8 said:

I'd love to see the real Grogar make an appearance even if it's limited to the comics given the obvious. Then again, there is that CGI movie Stephen Davis hinted at during the final minutes of the 'Decade of Pony' special so there is an opportunity there.

That’s has been officially known for a while before, add about two years more due to the 2017 leak were we first learn S9 would be the last. Though the original release date was next year instead of 2021. Anyway, it’s possible for Grogar to appear there, but I doubt it’ll have anything to do with FIM :sunny:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Steve Piranha said:

That’s has been officially known for a while before, add about two years more due to the 2017 leak were we first learn S9 would be the last. Though the original release date was next year instead of 2021. Anyway, it’s possible for Grogar to appear there, but I doubt it’ll have anything to do with FIM :sunny:

Big Jim did say in his Q&A that they knew the show would be cancelled as early as Summer 2017. How strange that everything regarding the end of the show stems back just over two years. If that is the case with Grogar, the comics are now his best bet and his only one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, FlareGun45 said:

But what about the peace between the centaurs and gargoyles? Scorpan and Tirek may be brothers, but they could be step-brothers, and their parents coulda had a political marriage. Scorpan might not be the biological son of Vorak. How could a gargoyle and a centaur make a gargoyle and a centaur respectably, and not as hybrids? It wouldn't make sense.

Genetics work in a weird ways in this show, we don't know how their races really work in this universe, maybe their father is something completely different or maybe their dad was a centaur and mom a gargoyles? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Villain's I think that could be great threats in the S10 comic would be, An G4 incarnation of the G1 Witches, Catrina From G1, and maybe even a rogue/anti-hero Majesty from G1.  Those too me could be good choices, with the real Grogar debuting towards the end of S10, (whenever that would be)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.