Ittoni

Changelings are a non-binary society

I'm honestly surprised nobody has made any of the two jokes yet. 

1 hour ago, ggg-2 said:

The changelings aren't genderless because being genderless is a biological impossibility whether you're human, equine, dragon, griffin, hippogriff, yak or changeling.

Can't one argue that a show about magical ponies that solves friendship problem needn't be 100% biologically accurate? I mean, it's not like feeding on emotions or shapeshifting is biologically possible, yet the changeling race seems to have no problem doing either of those.

Badges

2 minutes ago, Black Sabbath said:

I'm honestly surprised nobody has made any of the two jokes yet. 

Can't one argue that a show about magical ponies that solves friendship problem needn't be 100% biologically accurate? I mean, it's not like feeding on emotions or shapeshifting is biologically possible, yet the changeling race seems to have no problem doing either of those.

Well, no. But that wasn't the purpose of that comment, was it?

1 hour ago, ggg-2 said:

The changelings aren't genderless because being genderless is a biological impossibility whether you're human, equine, dragon, griffin, hippogriff, yak or changeling.

That's oddly transphobic.

Whatever. 

Does anyone know how to delete a thread?

Just now, Ittoni said:

Whatever. 

Please don't - it's an interesting idea you had.

4 minutes ago, Spider Demon said:

That's oddly transphobic.

My first inclination was it was another resistance comment, but ggg-2 tends to come across that way in general since he is one of the resident contrarians of our site. I mean he’s dead wrong scientifically. Anyway back on topic. 

I do think they have genders, but if any of the species could be genderless it would be them. It’s also a new society in general so you have them adopting and adapting, which is why this is such a fascinating question even if I don’t agree because it is perhaps a plausible theory. The question did make me stop and go, “yanno, maybe” in the middle of actually arguing against a genderless biosystem. 

2 minutes ago, Ittoni said:

Whatever. 

You go to an Admin. But If you want yo delete it imma repurpose this because the conversation and topic is absolutely worth having a discussion about, and yes either theory of buggo gender can be scrutinized. It’s not often we have a passionate discussion about the show that focuses on lore so I’d be more keen to here other people’s thoughts. It’s a good topic! 

I haven’t known of sex changing insects, but fishes :huh:. Anyway, there’s no evidence changelings are such, but there’s no evidence they aren’t either, so... whatever floats your boat I guess