Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

general What generation are you a part of?

JeyWiz

I'm gen z, from '02!

Weird how I never seem to hear about gen X (or really my own generation actually). Feels like it's all boomers complaining about millenials, and millenials complaining about boomers.
There's definitely something to the idea of generations, but it's mostly just stereotypes; feels like any 'information' about generations is just marketing advice, and outside of businesses trying to sell their products, it's all a bit unimportant :P

Edited by rikax97
  • Brohoof 2

Since there's only one other member of my generation represented here, I feel it only appropriate to speak up as a member of Generation X.

Let's see... I've experienced the birth of Star Wars (same year as myself), the Challenger disaster (which I saw personally from my own backyard), the debut of music videos on MTV (again, saw it with my own two eyes), the miracle of Saturday Morning Cartoons, the end of Soviet Communism, Desert Shield & Desert Storm, how Watchmen turned the comic book world on its' collective ear (I read the original newsstand comics), the Collectible Craze (and Crash) of the 90's, the wonder of the Internet, and so many other things I don't have room for here.

What a long, strange trip its been... and I can hardly wait to see what the future brings.  Excelsior! 

• Brohoof 3

3 hours ago, Sixamidnar said:

Since there's only one other member of my generation represented here, I feel it only appropriate to speak up as a member of Generation X.

Let's see... I've experienced the birth of Star Wars (same year as myself), the Challenger disaster (which I saw personally from my own backyard), the debut of music videos on MTV (again, saw it with my own two eyes), the miracle of Saturday Morning Cartoons, the end of Soviet Communism, Desert Shield & Desert Storm, how Watchmen turned the comic book world on its' collective ear (I read the original newsstand comics), the Collectible Craze (and Crash) of the 90's, the wonder of the Internet, and so many other things I don't have room for here.

What a long, strange trip its been... and I can hardly wait to see what the future brings.  Excelsior! 

I just have to say how much I love this thread now! For some reason I just get more connected to all of you when I know what generation you belong to, even though it's stupid grouping people into generations.

Also, listening to Randimaxis history is a wonderful walk down nostalgia road even though I wasn't there until a few years later, it is still crazy because people were talking about these events for many years!

• Brohoof 3

According to that measurement, I'd barely be considered Gen Z (being born in 1997). But I personally consider myself on the later end of the millenial generation (Gen Y). I normally go by 20 year intervals (as it's more consistent and less hokey), which would land the beginning of Gen Z in 2000.

Edited by Spider Demon

• 2 weeks later...

I guess technically I’d be a Millennial, although I don’t necessarily identify with any one generation, especially the times I was born into. I belong to a bygone era that I never personally witnessed. My time of birth is just a matter of circumstance. 

• Brohoof 1

15 minutes ago, Treeglow Flicker said:

1983. I have absolutely no idea what generation that falls in. So I'm just going to say that I fall into the Star Trek: The Next Generation category.

That makes you a millennial mate. 
Check the years in ops post. Millennial is 1981-1996. 
Which coincidentally is my own generation at 1991. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...