Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nine Years of Friendship

Jedishy

When I first started watching My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in 2013, I thought it was just going to be a show I would only enjoy casually...a show to watch when bored, if you will. However, the further the series went, the more interested I became in it. It went beyond that when I started taking the lessons the show provided to heart. The show taught me to be positive and appreciate the healthy relationships I currently and will have. An episode airing weekly got me so excited ~

The show may have not impressed me all the way through, but I remember nothing but good things when looking back on it. I will, without a doubt, re-watch episodes. This show will never leave me. I will always love it. My favorite character in the series is Applejack but every character contributed in their own, unique way or had a positive impact on the fandom; main or background. 

It’s a shame that not more people have opened up to watching this show and watched it along with us. This was truly an experience to share with fellow fans. Regardless, even if someone begins the series after its end, that’s awesome too. 

After watching episode twenty-six of season nine, it really hit me that this show has ended. I cried. That is the only time this show has caused me to do such a thing. I don’t blame any of you if you also shed some tears. 

Thank you so, so much for making me a better person, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy. 

9D124673-CB9D-4802-B112-BF35C5740C86.jpeg

• Brohoof 8

Never before had I thought pony would take over my life. At first, I just thought it was your everyday little-girl TV show, but boy was I wrong. I can still remember the day I first got hooked into MLP. Making fun of my sister for being such a baby for watching MLP. But after showing me the first episode of the series, I was instantly hooked, watching episode after episode until today. I can even still remember the time when my sister would call out "I'm going to watch the next episode", and immediately I'd quickly run (excitedly) and sat next to her in front of the screen, screaming to not start without me. Unfortunately, my sister has kinda moved away from MLP, but still watches episodes from time-to-time. For me, MLP opened up a new chapter in my life. I had never thought I would be a brony. In fact, during that time, I had no idea that this fandom exists (nor what a fandom was) until only recently. I'll be honest though, before becoming a brony, I hated G1-G3 MLP, and that's what always come to mind when someone mentions MLP. I had no idea G4 was a thing (which shows how far behind in life I am). If it wasn't for my sister, I would have never found out about MLP:FiM. But I'll say this, from G1 to G4, MLP has really come a long way.

It's amazing to think that I've only been apart of the fandom for three years, yet this year celebrate its Nine Years of Friendship. It's been such an amazing journey and I'm proud to be apart of it!

Happy Birthday MLP:FiM!

Related image

• Brohoof 4

So many memories. But the following hit me the hardest 

The CMC getting their cutie marks

Pinkies Smile Song 

Rarities Art of the Dress & Rules of Rarity songs. 

The Development of Trixies & Starlights Friendship 

Discord slowly becoming a teacher in his own way. 

Princess Lunas learning to forgive herself and let go of her Tantabus 

This last season has a few hard hitting moments that I cant discuss yet but so far not even close to disappointed. 

• Brohoof 2

Well, I had always been an avid fan of cartoons in general, so when I heard about a My Little Pony cartoon that was actually good, I knew I had to check it out. I was never particularly overwhelmed by the show's quality, but at the time (2010 or whatever it was), it was one of the better shows in production. The 00's had very few good cartoons in my opinion, so when I saw Friendship is Magic, that seemed like a long-awaited glint of hope on the horizon. Flash Animation had always looked like garbage, aside from the works of a few indie animators (Bitey of Brackenwood, anyone?), and My Little Pony blew my mind with how good it looked for a flash cartoon. All the hype surrounding the show just made it even more fun to get involved with the fandom, and a lot of the memes were legitimately hilarious - at that point, the juxtaposition of dark and edgy stuff with the pastel colours and sugary sweetness of MLP still hadn't worn out its welcome.

I had a lot of spare time back then, so I got in pretty deep pretty quickly (you'll notice I joined this very forum back in 2011, even though I was much more active in other places), and the first episode I caught on a stream was Over a Barrel. I followed the episodes weekly for a couple of years, lost most of my interest around season 4-5, then came back for season 8 to watch the end. Now at the end, I really regret not making more art, writing fanfics and all that stuff while the show was still at the height of its popularity. I had so many ideas, but you know how it is.

This show has spawned an incredible wealth of fantastic fanworks, and there are still a few fans that produce mind-blowing content. I expect the whole thing will peter out soon, now that the show is over, and I doubt generation five will generate anywhere near the same interest. Back in the day, the idea of grown men liking a show for little girls was so revolutionary that the phenomenon made the news, and I'm sure that a lot of fans felt that they were somehow rebelling against society by being fans of MLP - an element of the fandom that is surely dead and gone by now. I also have this creeping suspicion that generation five will be all about lazy gags and meme faces.

• Brohoof 1

9 years huh?.. it was all compacted in one single year for me, and i still find burried treasure from the early days from time to time, it's an interesting process, and since that is what made me decide to watch this show, to see what's inspiring all these, a special thank you is in order, so Thank you Ponyphonic, Melodic Pony, Artem Yegorov, Ellie Montie, Duo Cartoonist, Carbon Maestro, Skybolt, L-train and 4everfreebrony. there list can go on for forever but those were the first i found and really helped me fall in love with this show

• Brohoof 4

9 years, wow, so much frienship. Well, what made me watch the show you ask, simple me wanting to see what all the craz was about MLP:FIM, no idea what to expect except ponies. But and I watched and watched I became hooked, it was cute and happy. As the years went on I met amazin people including artists, musicians, just regular fans of this wonderful amazing show. I have met L-Train, Evdog who is a champ, Faulty omg he is amazing, I have met lots, too many to list but also the lovely people here, just wow you all are amazing and all you do here. May this fandom never die and we keep frienship alive 

Edited by CosmicSpark
  • Brohoof 3

If you know me at all, you know that, while the Mane 6 and most of their close friends are the "mane" attraction, it's really the background ponies and side characters that are my favorite. The introduction of new and interesting characters all throughout the series just kept the whole world of MLP fresh and interesting, and provided the fandom with much-needed fanart of both popular and underappreciated ponies. :) There are honestly way too many to name so I'll just leave it at that.

I've been a fan of this show since 2013, and while my interest in the show has kinda waned (mostly due to me being busy with real life and other creative projects), I still love this generation. I hope to finish season 9 soon and maybe catch up with fan creations.

• Brohoof 2

The horse show was randomly on and I was like "yea this is alright", proceeded to act like an annoying try hard knobend for like a year, stopped associating with Fandom for 2 years, kinda came back last year but then stopped because ew Fandom.

Decent show fr fr tho it could sincerely be worse

I finally got down to draw something real quick in regards of the finale ;w;

tytwi1a.thumb.jpg.7d068ab6d1136518f43af1b1ef317832.jpg

I personally kept seeing pictures of the show and found them just really cute. So I started streaming it (the german dub was just.. awful). For most years I kept to myself though as the local community seemed rather.. odd. Whenever I started talking to somebody about it at a convention they started to get seriously creepy. :X

I'm glad I decided to come out of my shell eventually though because the online community is so sweet <3 

• Brohoof 2

I remember when I became a fan and joined the forum in Spring 2012. And I don't regret it one bit. It's had its ups and downs and I'm not quite as big of a fan as I used to be but this show and fanbase, in spite of its flaws, will always be in my heart. And I hope everyone can go into G5 with the same open mind that thry did with G4.

I love you all.

• Brohoof 3

On 10/12/2019 at 11:31 AM, Trix or Treat said:

Thank you Ponyphonic

Posting one of the less shared songs just because you mentioned them

Well, the whole charm and lightheartedness made me love the show, and I just wanted to say, these characters, although fictional, accomplished a huge goal. They united a whole fandom. :) They spread a lot of friendship in real life, and saw many of us through dark times, which makes them not only heroes in their world, but heroes in our world.

Never forget FiM!

• Brohoof 1

53 minutes ago, Say my name said:

Posting one of the less shared songs just because you mentioned them

that one's actually my favorite of theirs, and there is some serious competition

It's been great! But don't fret hopefully when the next gen comes out it'll be just as magical as g4! And with that let all the flashbacks commense! :yay:

• Brohoof 1

On 10/11/2019 at 11:19 AM, Prince Doopliss said:

Also these fan made AMV of FiM with Weird Al's polka mixes. Little did I know back in 2011 how much I would love the show and how much I :wub: this show. Nor did I know Weird Al would eventually actually appear as a voice on the show either.

And eventually, made a Polka medley with brony songs entirely!

• Brohoof 2

When I started watching this show back in 2013, I started to love the show and the characters. The fan made songs, art, animations, and etc. They are amazing and how far the show became.

9 YEARS OF FRIENDSHIP

d4yx2fv-6ac7d0b3-4559-4175-924f-0aa73915

• Brohoof 2

Hey, I'm rewatching the series right now but watching it with someone else and we need English subtitles, is there any site that has English subs that you don't have to download or pay for? We're on Season 2 episode 5 as of now, but help with it would be appreciated ^^; thnx

Well I Guess I should start my story how I got into the series. before I joined the forums, I happened to come across the fan club of the show and get a little information on the show series and then I looked into the videos and see what or how the show was like to get a quick look of it. Before my TV cable was gone, I decided to watch the series from the TV and I kept watching it every day and week and I couldn't stop watching it. I started watching the show series like about 2 days before secret of my excess which is around December 10 2011 so it's most likely that secret of my excess was my 1st episode to watch and then my parents were asking me about who recorded it so I told them it was me that I recorded the show series on the DVR and then I joined up with other fans that are into the show.

The Characters were cute and adorable and as a biggest (or huge) fan of fluttershy, it's mostly Fluttershy that became my favorite mane6 pony and the reasons why I like (or love) her is the she's cute, adorable, great singer, kind, and a loveable pony and I couldn't resist her. My favorite moments about (or with) fluttershy is that her singing, and her care for animals and creatures. My other favorite moments is Twilight Sparkle and one of the biggest moments is becoming a alicorn, princess of friendship. Both fluttershy and twilight sparkle are my favorite duo(s) mane6 when it comes to certain episodes.

It's been a wild ride for me on the show series. I've been fan of the show for 7 years now and still continue to watch and it's been 9 years since the show series has started.

The show series has impacted my life so I can get to learn more about friendship and start making friends with people or kids that are into the show series and who their favorite characters are and talk about the show series. It was pretty much noticeable to me since some kids (or mostly girls) wear MLP clothes, but It's hard for me to walk up to these children and tell them that i'm a fan of the show. Sometimes I ask my nephews and nieces and see if their friends are into the show series so I ask if they can introduce or refer them to me so When I hear one of their friend's names, I just talk to their friends and be friends with them when it comes to the show series.

on April 22, 2012, I confessed or make it official that i'm a brony (or fan of the show either way), I liked or loved everything about the show when I 1st watched it, It was very good and made me learn the importance (or magic) of friendship and then I learned a lot about that. It's the songs, characters, laughs, and everything that I love about the show.

so That's pretty much of my story (if it counts though), but I will stay and stand strong for the fandom.

• Brohoof 1