Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

Nine Years of Friendship

Jedishy

To be completely honest, I don't remember exact details. But I do know I've been around since... Well, not the very beginning, but pretty darn close, right around the time the name "Brony" was being whispered around on the internet. 

Eventually I just couldn't take it and wanted to find out why this show seemed so popular, at the time, it just looked like another simple kids show, nothing special.

After watching a few episodes, I was pretty much hooked. The characters I found were super likable, and had depth to them. My favorite at first was RD, but I eventually moved over to Twilight, since I felt I could relate to her better.

After that, I went further down the rabbit hole. I started playing fan games, watching MLP based channels, and I think the final thing that sealed the deal were the fanfictions. Or, at least, the good ones. :wub:

It took forever for me to actually start interacting with the fandom though, and even then, I never got out of my shell much. What I did experience was pretty positive though.

And now, well, I'm here. Still loving the show, eagerly awaiting Gen 5 while also worrying if it will be good or not. I like to be positive though. :P

• Brohoof 3

I first encountered the ponies when I stumbled across Lesson Zero in the wee hours of the morning in my desperation for anything on TV that wasn’t an informercial. I thought the animation style was cute, the characters were very engaging and Twilight getting unhinged was really funny. The next day I told my brother I’d found the next great show. He looked it up online and later told me there was a huge following of adult male fans called Bronies. I thought that was cool and kept watching the show, loving it more and more with each episode. Little did I know this little pony show was going to become a central fixture in my life for years to come. What a journey! I’d never been on an online forum before but MLP started that for me as well, so this experience went beyond the TV screen and into regular life. During the ‘dark years’ when Derpy was all but banned from the show I made it my mission to make t-shirts exalting her and wearing them everywhere I went. But central to all was watching the ponies develop and live their lives; Twi getting her wings blew me away like nothing I’d ever seen on a TV show, and the CMC getting their Cutie Marks still summons tears to this day. I could go on and on. Suffice to say, MLP has made, and continues to make, a huge difference in my life and I love it with all my heart. I’ll never stop watching it, ever!  

• Brohoof 3

I can't believe it's been nine years since the show had first aired on TV. I remember I started watching the show because a few card game players had told me about it. I believe it was around 2012 during the Autumn season. They had kept telling me to watch it, while I kept telling them that I wasn't going to watch it. Making up excuses and wondering why they would watch a show for little girls. After several months, I finally conceded and told them that I would watch the show. I even told them that if I didn't like the show, then they would stop pestering me to watch it. After their agreement, I had begun to watch the episodes on YouTube. After watching the first three episodes of season 1, I was instantly hooked into the series. I remember watching marathons of the first three season that was out at that time. I remember I was worried about what my mom, dad and sister had thought about me watching the series, but I decided to let them know. I remember it was the last day of family vacation after visiting my sister, who lives in California. I remember my dad was okay with it, but he didn't really say much about it. My sister was against that idea, at first. Even though she grew up watching the show since the first generation and collected the figurines. My mom, however, was completely okay with me being into the show. I remember her telling me that if this is something that I love and I don't get hurt from it, then it would be okay in her book.

It was then that I had begun to wait, until season 4 would air on TV. I remember being in a Skype call with a couple of friends, while discussing what anime we would be planning to watch individually. I remember naming anime from a list and then called out My Little Pony. One of my friend's had instantly freaked out and asked me if I was serious. The reason being was that he was also into the show. I couldn't believe what I had heard as I honestly thought I was the only one who watched the show. The two who had introduced me into the series had stopped watching as the first Equestria Girls had aired. I chose to keep going as I was still hooked into the show. My friend and I had decided to watch all of season 4 together as a dual reaction and give our overall thoughts. After season 4, we decided to make it a sort of tradition for each of the seasons that would be airing on TV. Around February of 2015, that very same friend had mentioned about MLPForums to me. I wasn't sure what it was, but he explained the gist of what the forum was all about. After giving the idea some thought, I decided to try and make an account on the forums. Over time, I kept watching the show, while also making new friends, who I'm still friends with today.

Over time, I went to pony conventions, made more friends and discovered one of my favorite characters from the show. I remember Twilight Sparkle was one of the characters I considered to be a favorite. As the seasons progressed, she became my favorite of the mane 6. Around season 6 and 7, my favorite character had become Starlight Glimmer. I felt as if I could relate to her, I loved her personality and I felt as if I could understand her in one or another. She has given me hope when I felt I had lost hope within myself. Even if she's a cartoon character, she has become a true friend and has become an important part in my life. All in all, MLP has really made a huge difference in my life. The lessons the show has taught have really helped me to better myself, while learning lessons that I may not have thought about. The show has helped me to feel happier, while learning to not take things for granted and to be thankful for what I have. I will never forget or stop watching this show and I can only hope that the future series will be just as awesome as this. Thank you for nine wonderful and memorable years, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic.

• Brohoof 2

As my signature would suggest, I've been a brony since November 2, 2012. However, a close friend of mine where I used to live was a brony, and he tried getting me to watch the Season 2 finale one day in April 2012. I watched part of it, but brushed it off. I went travelling for a month and when I came back, he was gone. (We lived in Fort Hood, Texas; a military base, so it was common for people to leave as they were either retiring or being stationed to another base.) I was pretty sad that he was gone, and as November rolled by, I watched a YouTube video on MLP, and finally got hooked on it; I realized that this is what my friend was trying to show me all along. I feel like if it wasn't for my friend, I wouldn't have been as interested in the show and the fandom as I am now. The following year, 2013, I showed another friend of mine some clips from the show, and as far as I'm concerned, he's still a brony to this day.

Edited by Cyandashie
  • Brohoof 2

My first episode was the first episode, because though it 2015 when I gave the show a chance, I believe in starting from the beginging, since it's the job of the first episode to hook you in. But even though I started there, the first appearance of Discord is what sold the show to me. 

I also have said that boredom is ultimately what brought me to give the show a chance, and though it's true, I believe Aviators - Revenge is what caused my interest towards the fandom at first. 

It has been a great ride, and I'll be riding along until I'm the last one riding. 

• Brohoof 2