This is it. The Endgame. On November 1st we will have our last Movie Night. The following is a schedule of all Movie Night and related events leading up to Nov. 1st.

tumblr_pcpictgcxr1wgt7nho6_r1_400.gif

All showings begin at normal Movie Night times. 5pm CDT. Equestria.tv will still be up, but movie nights will end Nov. 1st.

Wednesday Oct. 16th: The Blues Brothers and UHF

Friday Oct. 18th: Back to the Future Trilogy EQTV Supercut

Monday Oct. 21st: Rifftrax Live: Manos The Hands of Fate and MST3K: Space Mutiny

Wednesday Oct. 23rd: Lord of the Rings Extended Edition Trilogy ...... (Did a double take did you? I joke. I joke.)

Wednesday Oct. 23rd real movies: Space Jam and Hook

Friday Oct. 25th: My Little Pony The Movie, Spirited Away, and The Princess Bride

Monday Oct. 28th: Ghostbusters 1 and 2

Wednesday Oct. 30th: Hocus Pocus and The Nightmare Before Christmas

Thursday Oct. 31st: Ghost Stories (Eng. Dub) Marathon. All 20 episodes.

Friday Nov. 1st: Avengers Endgame

• Brohoof 1
  • teacup 1
  • Sad 1

Badges

(edited)

Will you be back in G5? Is EQTV gone forever? What are the times?

Edited by Muffinnz

Badges

Looks like I'll be missing out on the final night. I'll be at Ponyville Ciderfest. 

16 hours ago, Mr Dash said:

Wednesday Oct. 23rd real movies: When I remember what movies I was thinking of, they will go here.

It's the Gamera Trilogy, remember? 

On 10/11/2019 at 1:56 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Looks like I'll be missing out on the final night. I'll be at Ponyville Ciderfest. 

It's the Gamera Trilogy, remember? 

Haha. I still can't remember what I was thinking, so Gamera it is.

Badges

Looks like I won't be able to get Gamera, but I can get an MST3K Gamera.

Badges

On 10/14/2019 at 8:16 PM, Mr Dash said:

Looks like I won't be able to get Gamera, but I can get an MST3K Gamera.

Hard pass. Plenty of giant monster movies worthy of being made fun of. But the films of the Gamera trilogy deserve better. 

On 10/16/2019 at 5:34 PM, Denim&Venom said:

Hard pass. Plenty of giant monster movies worthy of being made fun of. But the films of the Gamera trilogy deserve better. 

I dunno, I liked those episodes... though hardly the only giant monster flicks to beam onto the screen at the Satellite of Love.

6 hours ago, Crater Labs said:

I dunno, I liked those episodes... though hardly the only giant monster flicks to beam onto the screen at the Satellite of Love.

I know that. But the Gamera films are actually very well done. They even put the prior Godzilla films to shame. 

(edited)
18 hours ago, Denim&Venom said:

I know that. But the Gamera films are actually very well done. They even put the prior Godzilla films to shame. 

Agreed. Having said that, while the "narrative" of MST3K is that all their movies are bad, I find the reality is that the movies tend to fall on this weird array of badness and weirdness. Like, Bill Corbett noted that he felt that MST3K's take on Hamlet used a Hamlet movie that was less "bad" than it was "older" and "German" to make it feel weird, and Time Chasers wasn't bad so much as it was "cheap" and "goofy." Heck, even Dr. Forrester himself admitted that This Island Earth was a classic film when he forced Mike and the bots to watch it during The Movie. It just qualified by being a sci-fi flick about aliens, mutants, spaceships, and interplanetary war. A fine film, but subject matter qualified it to be bad "in-universe", as it were.

Having said that, my comment about it not being the only other giant monster movie was meant to suggest that if we don't want Gamera, there's lots of other options from MST3K in that category. Reptillicus with the new stuff, for instance.

Edited by Crater Labs
Grammar!

@Mr Dash Since were doing a marathon today, will there be a special start time or is it still 5pm cst?