Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

What then after the show ends?

PCutter

I feel your issue. I am super new to mlp, I was vaguely aware of it's existence through my childhood but due to circumstances I never really got to see it until now.

When first watched a few episodes a couple months back I was blissfully unaware that the final season was airing, I didn't even realise how long the show had been on for.

When I did find out I had a bit of a panic, I hadn't started talking to people I hadn't even gotten past season 3! Even now looking back at the points I could have started watching the show brings me a a great disappointment in myself. But this is an issue I'm dealing with outside of mlp.

The fact is that I joined this forum after the show and I have started to create an interest amongst people I know.

I guess it's how you approached the show in the first place. I approached it as a medium which I can relate to, it allows me to express something I've been hiding for wahtever reason. But this is possible through the fandom without the show.

If you approach as it 'being your personality' then the end of show becomes a major problem. At this stage you may need to get professional help.

• 4 months later...
On 10/11/2019 at 8:53 AM, PCutter said:

Will newcomers to the show still be welcome even after it's ended, including those who never heard of it all this time or those who had no interest initially?

FIM has the potential to bring new people to enjoy MLP just as much as us. If it was new to us one day, it will be new to others another day.
Will it give them as much joy as it gave us? It depends how good and timeless it really was.

It is never too late to go back and watch it again. I will do a run myself after I am done with Star Trek TNG and Deep Space 9. And I am sure I will fall in love with Rarity (or whatever pony it will be depending on the episode) again.

• 3 months later...