Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Dawn Of the Final Day

Sun Princess Celestia

Good Morning My Little Ponies 
Today is the dawn of the Final Day of my most beloved students adventures 
Please share kindness and warmth with each other as we all know that letting go can be hard.

Tell me what lessons have you learned in this long journey? 
Who have you walked with along the way? 
What unexpected ponies have brought you joy? 
Image result for Princess Celestias sunrise

• Brohoof 17

• This topic was pinned and featured
Spoiler

Sorry, I couldn't resist. :D

Me? I've learnt many things along this journey. Like Twilight, I also learnt the value of friendship and how having other people in your life can be much more wonderful than you could ever imagine. Of course there will always be bumps along the ride, but there's always something to loook forward to, especially when you have others by your side.  I am sad to see the show end, as it honestly feels like I'm losing some of my oldest friends. But remember - in a way, it will never truly end, in our hearts.

Edited by Cash In
  • Brohoof 1

That’s quite a hard question. I’ve took in so much from this show but I really can’t think of something I’ve learned. :worry:

Most of the friendship lessons I can think of I already knew about. I’ve just never ran into friendship problems in real life as that’s not a luxury I have.

If anything this show has offered a lot of humour. Characters like Discord, Fluttershy, Spike, Pinkie and Rarity have all given a variety of jokes, some obvious and some very subtle. :laugh:

I don’t know if that’s the awnser you wanted. I like the show and I’m glad it’s lasted this long. I can’t feel bad for something ending as it had a beginning. Without that, we’d have nothing to share, enjoy and remember. :fluttershy:

• Brohoof 2

Good morning, @Princess Celestia

It really feels odd that today is really the day this journey is completed. However, it's a journey that I'm really grateful to have gone on. Even now, it still feels like the journey towards the future has only just begun.

I feel as if I've learned a great deal of lessons, while being on this adventure. I learned that it's better to try and fail, instead of never trying at all. It's better to talk about your problems with friends, instead of bottling up your emotions. That it's better to give something that you've never participated in a chance. As you never know that you might actually like it in the long run. I've also learned that some friendships can really come from anywhere. Just like your student, Twilight Sparkle, had once said. Friendships aren't always easy, but they're no doubt worth fighting for. Life is never easy and that bad times will always be present. As long as you have your true friends by your side, then you'll all get through it together, one step at a time. One important lesson I've learned is that hope is never really gone forever. As long as you hold onto hope, then the light of the future will help cast the shadow of fear, doubt and sadness away.

The friends that I've walked alongside this journey are:

@Etched Daydream @VinylWubs @DivineFear1000 @Mothra @Dixie92 @TBD @Stardust* @Bakugou Is My Man ❤ @Arid_Blitz @DwhitetheGamer @Tacodidra @SolarFlare13 @PoisonClaw @JoeScoutK9 @Orchid_Bloom @Lektra Bolt @Spooky Emerald @Wolf Guide @Rising Dusk @Twilight Luna @Trix or Treat @ambergerr @Catpone Cerberus @Soren Peregrine @The Demon @MidnightFire1222 @FeatherStream @Jedishy @Spooky Brony 42 @Sixamidnar

Thank you all for being such amazing friends and making this journey worth going on. I know I haven't talked much with some of the ones I mentioned. Even as the series draws to a close, I honestly hope I can change that.

Some ponies that have brought me unexpected joy were: Twilight Sparkle, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, Octavia, Derpy Hooves, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Mistmane, Coco Pommel, Scootaloo, Ocellus, Yona, Button Mash, Bulk Biceps, Lyra Heartstrings, Moondancer, Vapor Trail, Dr. Whooves, Princess Luna and Marble Pie. 

Another pony in particular that helped in bringing me unexpected joy, is also a part of the friend's that I've walked alongside on my journey. That pony is @Starlight Glimmer. I remember seeing her first appearance in the season 5 premiere. The same time that I have joined and became a part of the forums. I thought she was an interesting villain and I loved how she became a reformed character. I enjoyed the episodes that she starred in and loved the path she walked on her road to redemption. As season 7 had rolled around, I remember watching the "All Bottled Up" episode. It was at that episode that made me wonder if Starlight and I had some sort of connection. During season 7, I had lost my father due to lung cancer in that summer. A convention was set to be opened the week after his passing and I didn't know if it was the right thing to go. I was worried that if I had gone, then I would be desecrate my father's memories of him. In his final words before he passed, his last request to me was to go to the convention and have the best time I could ever have. I told him I would, while also promising to win a tournament in his honor.

As I went to the convention, I remember buying a dog-tag necklace that had Starlight's face upon it. As I sat down to fight in the tournament, I held the necklace close to my heart and said, "Please guide me and please show me the way." As I played, I felt like my father was watching over me, while it felt like Starlight was sitting right next to me giving me strength and guidance. I guess I can see why she was perfect as a guidance counselor and head mare, haha. At any rate, I was able to win the tournament, but the prize and glory didn't matter to me in the slightest. All that really mattered was that I was able to do something special to honor my dad's memory. It was then at that moment, I told myself that Starlight was one of my most favorite characters. I felt as if I could relate to her and understand her, while she learned similar lessons that I had learned. Even if she's just a cartoon character, she's real enough for me to call her one of my best, true and dearest friend's. It's why I'd like to thank Starlight, as well. As she was the one to help give me hope when I felt that all hope had been lost.

My Little Pony has really helped in shaping me to be a better person in life. To enjoy and appreciate the things I have in life, while also not taking anything for granted. I've been a part of the series for seven years and those are years that I will never regret. Thank you so much, My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic. For teaching us the Honesty, Kindness, Laughter, Generosity, Loyalty and the Magic of what Friendship is all about. Thank you for being an amazing show and series that helped bring so many friendships and camaraderie together. While it is saddening to see you go, I know that you will always hold a special place in both my heart and the hearts of others. No matter what the future may hold, I look forward to both the adventures and whatever Generation 5 may hold for everyone. 

Edited by Dynamo Pad
  • Brohoof 8

1 hour ago, Princess Celestia said:

1. I've learned that your true, true friends will always be there for you no matter what! :rarity:

2. Too many amazing ponies to count! :squee:

3. You can be pretty funny (Sometimes.), @Princess Celestia:P

• Brohoof 2

@Princess Celestia When it comes to the ponies I have loved and admired, there are no ponies better than yourself and your sister, @Princess Luna!

The two of you have been through so much and have suffered far too much and I’ve learned a lot from you two! Both of you are the most amazing and beautiful ponies ever and I will always love you both equally!

I am sad to see you two leave, but I know that the kingdom will be in safe hooves with Twilight and all of her friends! And now you two can have what you’ve been wanting for so long: Peace

Thank you for everything you’ve done for the ponies of Equestria and thank you for being there for me in my time of need!

Now, in addition to my beautiful princesses, there are so many other people that I’d like to thank for the incredible journey I’ve had on these forums!

@Tacodidra @Twilight Luna @Rikifive @Rising Dusk @PoisonClaw @Phosphor @CloudMistDragon @TheTaZe @Spooky Emerald @Dynamo Pad @Mellow Mane @lyrabetes3939 @PartialShriek514 @Sparklefan1234 @Cash In @Batoloratura and @Trix or Treat

I thank every single one of you for always being so awesome and friendly and I’m thankful that I can always talk with awesome people like you!

*hugs for everyone and everypony*

IMG_0583.thumb.PNG.e05e3cb639a8218c6b6c72eb903e611f.PNG

Edited by DivineFear1000
  • Brohoof 10

we may not see her, but her adventures just begun, as ponyphonic once said, "with a closing door, another surely opens, just you wait and see.."
the lessons i learned are many and i'm not as fond of long lists as Twilight, so i'll just say that there were times i referenced some episodes when i wasn't sure how to act
i met many people along the way, some are still around, some aren't, but i'm glad i met them all, after all they are the real magic of this show, and the reason that this isn't really the end, as long as as the comunity stands strong mlp will live on, and hopefully even get stronger once the next gen hits

• Brohoof 1

1 hour ago, Princess Celestia said:

Good Morning My Little Ponies 
Today is the dawn of the Final Day of my most beloved students adventures 
Please share kindness and warmth with each other as we all know that letting go can be hard.

Image result for Princess Celestias sunrise

@Princess Celestia I simply must give you and Luna the biggest hugs in the universe!

*hugs for the most beautiful and amazing ponies in Equestria*

• Brohoof 2

I made alot of awesome friends on my way, enjoyed you and your worlds adventures over the years ad loved to see new characters added. And while it has it ups and downs, i never ever ever met my best online-buddy @BastementSparkle, my best friend and all the beautiful, awesome etc. arts and animations and all that stuff coming along with beeing a part of this show, of this family, of this friendship. Who knows how my life would been otherwise, but honestly cant imagine it would been better then it is with beeing a fan <3

• Brohoof 1

I learned that even a kids show meant for little girls can handle such realistic topics. The show has been nothing short of a fantastic experience. I've become fans of all 6 of the Mane 6, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, Sunset Shimmer, Trixie, Derpy, and Big Macintosh. I've lost count with several fellow bronies and pegasisters who I've interacted with. I'm glad this fandom came to be and I'm proud to have been a part of it. 

Good morning, or afternoon for me as I type this.

There is so much I could say on the topic, but I fear I just don't possess the vocabulary and articulation necessary in order to fully divulge what I'm feeling right now.

I suppose to start, I will admit I've already seen the ending. I've seen something of what comes after, and depending on the way you look at it, it's only the beginning. A chapter closes, another opens, or one story ends while another begins. Even then, does a story really end? Just because we reach the end of a book from cover to cover, or reach a series finale, or watch the end credits roll on a movie or a video game, can we not go back and replay, rewatch or reread? Still more, can we not continue to create our own stories after the telling of one ends? As long as there exists out there the people dedicated to keeping the fandom alive, through stories, drawings, or other media, can we really say it's 'over'?

I don't believe we can, and that's why I'll continue to draw, why I'll continue to look at fan-made stories and animations and whatnot, and why I'll continue to love this show and the people in it.

As for what lessons I've learned along the way? That's hard to sum up in a few words. I suppose, being an adult, it's more like relearning the concepts rather than learning them for a first time. We all need reminders from time to time, to be patient, to listen, to be understanding, to not just tolerate but to accept, to celebrate our differences while we share what brings us together.

To the people I've met along the way:

@Crecious @PathfinderCS @Spoopy Horse @Arc Flash @Trix or Treat @Dynamo Pad and to all the others whose names I don't recall,

Thank you all so much. I love this forum and I love all of you, and I hope we'll all be around in this fandom for yeahs to come.

And to @Admiral Regulus especially. You've done so much for me, and in you I've slowly been able to find someone i can love, and someone that loves me in return. I know you put up with a lot with me, so I can't even begin to thank you for everything you've done for me since we first met here on the forum over four years ago.

So to everyone, everypony, I hope we'll all be around in the coming years even as we say goodbye to generation four and look to what the future has to offer with generation five, all the ups and downs.

And I implore you all; remember this: to be kind, to be generous, to laugh, to be loyal, to be honest,

And most of all, remember this: that no matter what, friendship is magic.

Edited by MidnightFire1222
  • Brohoof 2

MLP FIM Gave me a chance to socialize and make freinds along the way. I"m sad to see it end but at the same time I"m glad we got what we did.
I don't know what MLP really taught me but it was qut the adventure.

My lessons have been more about myself than anything else, the show itself didn't really teach me anything, but the fandom, the community, it has shown me lot more than I could even start listing here. But there is a one direct lesson that I learned thank to the forums that has ended up having a quite a big effect to my life, and that was a warning from a staff member.
In short, in the start of my mlp journey I traced a drawing to submit it in a request threat to certain user, and got a warning, like I should have, and now, 4-5 years later, I'm pumping out OCs like a machine, making my own art :D

There's too many people to say any names, but those who are still here know who they are, and for those who have moved on, or in some cases sadly, left this realm, I can only wish the best where ever they are. But for all of them I'd like to give thank you, they have had bigger impact in my life than most of them know, and I'm forever thankful for that. 

Not sure about what exactly last one is asking, but honestly the whole mlp thing was unexpected, if you were to tell the past me about this, he wouldn't believe you. 

It was a fun adventure, almost 5 years for me. MLP helped me learn to value friendship, and I learned that it's OK to be who you are and to enjoy things you like even if people around you say those things are not meant for you. Over the years I met many interesting people, and grew as a person, and I think MLP played a significant part in this growth. The show may be over soon, but it's certainly not the end of ponies. They will live as long as we remember them, and the impact the show made is too strong to just fade away when it ends. So, let's not be sad that MLP is ending, let's celebrate its existence and all the good things it brought into our lives!

If I didn't know about MLP, I wouldn't have known that much about friendship as I do now. Sure, I might get it, but MLP has taught me a lot and pretty much has been there for me through tough times. It's sad to see it end, but I'm glad it exist. A show that has exceeded everyone's expectations and change some people for the better. It may have its ups and downs, but the ups are all worthwhile.

Of course, Gen 5 will be here sometimes soon. Whether or not I will stick around is for myself to decide. At the end of the day, Friendship is Magic will always be considered to be the best thing to ever come out of MLP as a franchise.

It's been a wild time.  I've met some wonderful people, and some complete jerks, but overall things have somewhat balanced themselves out.  I am hoping that I can continue along with the friends I made in this fandom, and to those that have disappeared or drifted away, I wish you well in whatever you are doing now.

• Brohoof 2

I've learned no such lessons given how I'm way older than the intended age demographic for My Little Pony. Granted, I do have a new appreciation for old lessons, and it makes me wonder what could have been had those been around when I was younger. To think that all of this happened to me by sheer accident. Life can be funny like that though in my case it was mired in some tragedy. No... I have no intention of explaining why. Some things are best left unsaid for personal reasons.

Also, the title of this thread gave me The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask vibes, minus the 24 hours remaining part.

• Brohoof 2

When I rediscovered the show on Netflix about 1.5 years ago, I didn't actually know it had a 8th season since at that point MLP was only up to the seventh season on Netflix.  Then I was looking up images and one of them said to not miss the premier of MLP season 8 on a day that already passed and I was like, "Wait, there's a season 8?"  So I look it up, and turns out, yes, up to episode 13 of season 8 was out already, and that's when I found out MLP still had new episodes coming out.  Then at the beginning of season 9, I learned I could watch the episodes live, and fast forward to now on the brink of the finale, and I'm sad I stopped watching MLP at one point, but happy I was able to rediscover it, if I hadn't, I wouldn't have been able to meet Sunset Shimmer, Smolder, or Flurry Heart, or so many other characters.  One of the things that MLP helped with was my bad days, or problems with friendship I'd need to think about.  So, I used many lessons from the show.

For most of the journey, it was just me and my brother, and that was it.  But for the last 3-4 months, I've had other users on this forum that I love talking to and interacting with.

I really never expected to like Sunset as much as I do now.  Sure, she was the first character from EQG I liked more than others, but I didn't start to be a huge Sunset fan until I watched Forgotten Friendship, which solidified her position as my favorite.  Other characters I never expected to like as much would be Spike, Trixie, and definitely Chrysalis.  Characters I have discovered would be Smolder, Yona, Flurry Heart.

Man, where do I even start. 

I entered the brony fandom late, just when Season 3 was just about to begin. I had quite a bit of catching up to do, but it was so worth it. I learned so much just from watching MLP, and really, looking back, I beieve everyone should watch just one episode because there was so just so much impact. 

It's hard to believe that it is almost over.  I first started watching midway through season 2 all the way back in 2012, and I really can't believe that it's been this long.  I have had my ups and down with the show and fandom over the years, but I am glad I got to experience this ride.  The show lead to my first real venture into the world of fandoms and social media (through these very forums) and for that I will be grateful.  I have had a lot of fun with the show, and while I will be a little sad to no longer see new episodes of it, I will always appreciate the time I spent with it.

• Brohoof 1

39 minutes ago, C. Thunder Dash said:

I entered the brony fandom late, just when Season 3 was just about to begin.

You called that late? I officially join the Herd after season 3 aired and that was only one third of the whole show. Ha ha. You're funny.

:laugh:

The road to this point has been a long and winding one for me. I first discovered FiM through G1 many moons (and no, I still have absolutely no idea what length of time a 'moon' technically quantifies in Equestria) ago and gradually slipped into bronydom over the course of several months - as one would expect,  by the second half of season 2,  I was firmly along for the ride (although the infamous Twilicorn and EQG debates admittedly led me to question this at times) and, while I wouldn't claim the show has remained at the consistently amazing level of quality it upheld when I began watching, it's been a great ride, and I will always have fond memories of my tenure in this unique, diverse, creative and culturally affecting fandom (and the many people I've met willing to tolerate some guy constantly nitpicking facial expressions and plot structures between episodes). 

Now we're at the end, I have one final yet-unanswered question, the likes of which could shake the universe from its foundations - chimicherry or cherrychanga?  Could it be chimicherry or *propels railroad cart into the sunset*

Edited by Them's Seeing Ponies
  • Brohoof 1

I've learned so much throughout this journey I've watched it for a while not been as active as I have been though really being at high school had no friends really had a tough time felt very depressed then this show brought me a little brightness in my life and this community increased my confidence in trying to make friends. Suddenly I felt the desire to try to make friends, I wanted to be more creative I would draw, try making music, videos and everything. Would spend hours here talking to people on equestriadaily I'd listen to all the music, watch the videos follow the arts I loved all of it and was really fun time. So thankful for this show as it encouraged me to keep on going I've had so many good friends and people that I would only have met thanks to this show.