Banner by ~ Ice Princess Silky

The Dawn Of the Final Day

Sun Princess Celestia

What can I say that hasn't already been said a thousand times over? This show has honestly helped me in so many ways, whether that's making me laugh and or smile when I need to, or encouraging me to start writing again, to overall making me a more outgoing person. I've met so many amazing friends because of this show, and I wouldn't trade them for anything else in the world.

• Brohoof 1

Letting go is indeed going to be very hard, but the memories will last a life time.  Growing up I had a different view of friendship.  Due to my father's work, I had to move everything 3 years, different states, different countries, like clockwork.  Betraying my age, this was during a time before the internet was a common house old staple, even less so using it for social connections.  So keeping connected after moving was more difficult to keep up with.  I learned early on how to make friends quickly, but was sadly detached because I knew 3 years from then I wouldn't likely see them again.  Enjoy it while it lasted, as it were.  Things I learned along this journey was that there are many different kinds of friendships, different kinds of kindness, etc.  Even adults can learn a thing or two to pass along to others.  And Smile, the power of a Smile is God-Tier.

Ponies I've walked this journey with?  Too many and for the sake of not just relinking my Boop list, if you're Booped by me on a weekly basis, then the answer to that is ya'll.  I joined for the smiles that the show brought, but stayed because of the community.

Unexpected ponies?  That's a tough one, but really it comes down to the sheer enjoyment of background ponies.  Derpy, DJPon3, Octavia, Coco Pommel, Lyra, Bon Bon, so many.  Few shows have a cast of background characters that give such a life to the show that can at amusing times, shine a little brighter than the mane cast.  I consider all the mane cast, and most of the secondary characters, to be more expected an unexpected.

While I settle in to watch the last of FiM, I reflect on the great joy the show and the community has brought to me.  I looked forward to the adventures ahead and will always remember the roads already traveled.

• Brohoof 2

9 hours ago, Princess Celestia said:

Tell me what lessons have you learned in this long journey? 
Who have you walked with along the way? 
What unexpected ponies have brought you joy? 

-To always find good in everypony around me, no matter who it is!

-Friends like @Tacodidra and @Mellow Mane and many many more!

-The most unexpected pony would be @Xeltor. He and @Meemayfox have brought much joy!

• Brohoof 2

I am going to post what I did in the Nine Years if Friendship thread. I will spoil it in case you have already seen it ~

When I first started watching 

My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic in 2013, I thought it was just going to be a show I would only enjoy casually...a show to watch when bored, if you will. However, the further the series went, the more interested I became in it. It went beyond that when I started taking the lessons the show provided to heart. The show taught me to be positive and appreciate the healthy relationships I currently and will have. An episode airing weekly got me so excited ~

The show hay have not impressed all the way through, but I remember nothing but good things when looking back on it. I will, without a doubt, re-watch episodes. This show will never leave me. I will always love it. My favorite character in the series is Applejack but every character contributed in their own, unique way or had a positive impact on the fandom; main or background. 

It’s a shame that not more people have opened up to watching this show and watched it along with us. This was truly an experience to share with fellow fans. Regardless, even if someone begins the series after its end, that’s awesome too. 

After watching episode twenty-six of season nine, it really hit me that this show has ended. I cried. That is the only time this show has caused me to do such a thing. I don’t blame any of you if you also shed some tears. 

Thank you so, so much for making me a better person, Twilight Sparkle, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, and Fluttershy.

• Brohoof 4

I may be a little late to this, seeing as how it's no longer the dawn of the final day, but..the night, heh. But, I will still say what I have to say about this journey of pony.

I've come such a long way since I started watching back in 2011....that's 8 years. Whew....yeah, these past 8 years have been quite the journey...and MLP FIM has been with me every step of the way, through the good and bad. I've met some really cool people through this fandom, learned some valuable lessons, and have really grown emotionally and matured as a whole since I first started watching FIM.

The ponies of FIM have cheered me up and put a smile on my face through my saddest and darkest times, when no one else would...or perhaps couldn't, that's just because I hide my feelings/emotions from the world which forces me to deal with them on my own. FIM has been there, always, those cute ponies putting my mood into a good one every time. That all being said....

Thank you, My Little Pony Friendship is Magic. Thank you for the smiles, the friendship, the lessons, and everything else. 💜

• Brohoof 2

I never expected to love the show this much. It and its characters have meant so much to me. I was surprised that the show was watchable.With the My Little Pony name. Then I started watching the first episode andlearned that the show could have some pretty  badass tones to it. And since then I became more invested.

The only real goal for me now is to break out of my personal social wall. It's not easy for me to connect. But since watching the last episodes, I was compelled to tell the one friend I talk to the most online that I'm grateful that I do.

I saw this image posted, and I feel based on the name of the thread and what it's referencing, I feel it's appropriate.

JvGTuWn.jpg

Even if the show is over, With the comics continuing the mantle, a couple of potential new things in the works, and the fan made games and other things,the train doesn't stop.

Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 2

Dear @Princess Celestia.

My Little Pony has made me so happy and changed my life in so many ways, I heard of the show and bronies in 2012 when I soon became one after watching an episode.

I never thought I would still be a brony after so many years but nothing has changed and I regret nothing.

The show has made me look at many things differently to before and I really appreciate those who are important to me as well as inspired me to wanna reach out and be friends with others.

• Brohoof 4

On 10/12/2019 at 7:44 AM, Princess Celestia said:

tell me what lessons have you learned in this long journey? 

1.  I have learned to always letting go of the past and your fear.
  2.  I have met a lot of good folks here and friends along the way in mlpf, I don't want to make a list but you guys know who you' are! B)
  3. Tempest shadow and princess Luna. They are best and I can relate to them in so many way.
  • Brohoof 1

On 10/12/2019 at 9:44 AM, Princess Celestia said:

Guess I should answer this proper.

1. Being a stallion who isn't very open with others, and one who was like this all his life, this has made me very introspective about my own friendship problems and inability.

2. Not many, I'm afraid. the one friend I talk to regularly online is the one that got me into the show, and one of the pony reactors who I watch on youtube, I reached a hoof out to, something I haven't done in a long time.

3.Many, the mane 6 for sure, but are others...

• Moondancer, for her story of unwillingness to take the friendship dive is somewhat similar to mine. I had a friend just ditch me too and I don't know why.
  • Sunburst and Starlight. Their story of friends during foalhood only to be drifted apart rings true to me, and I'm very invested in their friendship. (relationship?)
  • Stygian, who I had first drew intrigue about, and then intense fondness and love for. His dark and bleak motives rung to me, since I've experienced spiteful and jealous moments of my own. Now he's become my favorite redeemed antagonist. I wish I had seen more of you in the show.
Edited by Toastypk
  • Brohoof 2

Where to start. Before MLP, I was kind of a...lonely guy, full of wounds caused by bullies at first and secondary school, and I was not able to fully recover for many years, until these ponies came. I slowly was able to move on, and be open again to others. When I started watching the show, I felt...calmness...I cannot exactly know how to tell it. Not much time has went down and I found new friends locally, and we always came together to watch the new episodes, for a talk and drink a beer. I will be honest, many times I cried when I was alone, after I found these guys, who became my best friends now, because so many years I was the common enemy in my schools, and how much time and opportunities those people have taken away from my life. But I guess MLP had something to bring the real me be back to life. It always had some reminder episodes when I was down, and when I had hard times in my workplace because of my mobbing colleagues, and helped me to not became my inner monster.
We had a conflict with one of my mentioned new friend from the fandom, and it was a very rough time, to be honest I was not expecting him to forgive me, but he did. That was also a lesson to me...
So what I learned from MLP? The thing that is called humanity in this world. That I do not need to wear a "mask" and I can be liked/loved too.

With my Brother and with my true Friends.

I guess here goes the special ponies but not the Mane6.
Well, Trixie, Discord (ok, not pony, but from the show), Starlight, the Trio of Chrisalys ,Cozy Glow, and Tirek and many other characters who were not that likable at first time, but proved that they are all nice on their own ways.
Trixie: because she proved that she can be caring.
Discord: because he has shown that he can change and also can be caring.
Starlight: because she has started something good, despite how down she was, but was too "young" to do it in the right way, after she has became an adult. Twilight helped her.
And last but not least, the Evil Trio: Chrysalis, Cozy Glow and Tirek because they has shown a little sign of goodness in Frenemies and it was sad that they were turned into stone. Maybe they will get an other chance later.

Wow, I wrote so many lines...and I needed to wipe my eyes again, but I have a feeling who reads this through will understand why, and why I feel very-very sad now.
Thank you MLP, you will always be in a very-very special place in my heart!!!

Edited by Rixton
  • Brohoof 1

Dear best princess,

I learned... well, I'm not sure. I guess I learned that cartoon horses can be pretty cool? And people can exceed my expectations of them? I've also been reminded of things worth reminding, lessons that are useful, even if still I don't, strictly speaking, do the friendship thing, it's heartening to know that friendship can accomplish if encouraged.

Really, though, it's a bit hard to put into words, so this will have to do.

• Brohoof 2

I learned inner confidence, and the ability to be who I am really am inside. I learned to let go of the past, and to be positive (or at least MORE positive). And with Rarity, I learned that my own identity is not defined from where I came form, and that it's okay be whoever it is that I want to be.

Yeesh, I am not used to being this corny.:D

• Brohoof 3

Dear @Princess Celestia:

All of them.

That is my answer to all of the questions; simultaneously. Vague, but as most things still alive, I'm still growing.

Before this show, I didn't know it was even a possibility to have feelings reciprocated or to treat others with kindness without the expectation of results. Everything Equestria offered was entirely new in concept to me as I... had come from a phase of my life where growth was not... feasible. The bright colors, the bright personalities of everypony helped me through a very dark period of my life where I had no other being to turn to.

It taught me that things don't always pan out right; that there's always some sort of drama or hurdle... but that struggle is okay. That eventually lives will touch & meet, like vines growing together on a trellis of a garden wall. Perhaps sometimes, we grow apart... good things end... but we have memories, we can continue growing long after we lose sight of where we once sprouted from.

Life is an adventure! We can dread that which we may have lived past & left behind, but there is always more to meet, come across and live alongside. I may still be learning of Friendship and yet to get any friends of my own... but my hope cannot die! There will always be a new season of my life, new experiences and new struggles to have fun overcoming! 

And I'll always remember to bring as much color into the lives of those I meet as the brightly colored horses of this constantly rebirthing world!

So very many things to you Celestia & everypony met along the way,

-A Lost, Old Friend

• Brohoof 2

• The topic was unfeatured
  • The topic was unpinned